Page 73 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2136

Depth great, experience not so … interesting and exciting year ahead.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Happy with the signing as AJ needs to stay in the halves.
    We would have got him at a discount as we didn’t pay him for the pre season.
    I hope it doesn’t jeopardise us keeping Spry. He looks like a great player

Don't really rate Isaako but if it means keeping AJ at 6 even with JC out then by all means fine by me.

QLD Cup

I had the same initial reaction to the news as others but actually I like it. I recall him winning a game for the Broncs against us. That won't happen again. He also is another field goal option for close games. We think we have depth but we have put a lot of eggs in JCs basket. It's so important to build a halves combo. It's early in the season but it's a long season for a young bloke like JC. So my verdict welcome Isaako.

Not keen on mercenaries. I want players dedicated to the club.

He reminds me of DWZ. He will have some incredible games and then have some shockers. If he ends up playing a few games for us he will be focused and probably play very well

Titans signed 15 year old Luke Jones as elite emerging Titans. Parramatta were alleged to have been trying to sign him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Titans signed 15 year old Luke Jones as elite emerging Titans. Parramatta were alleged to have been trying to sign him too.
    Another quality addition to the JTS program I’m sure. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    How many sides are deeper than this current Titans side on paper? seems like there are a solid 5 or so guys of ours that could easily start at other clubs, that won't even make our bench lmao. Deepest Titans team of memory at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Depth great, experience not so … interesting and exciting year ahead.
    Yea, it really seems like we do have some depth.

I was surprised by this signing and that's great. And it sends a message to the media too that we are active and out there. And we also have some organisational discipline to keep it a secret.

I can totally understand why he wanted to stay in SEQLD and not move down south for a year and move back to the Dolphins.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

https://twitter.com/badel_cmail/stat...968780288?s=21

Wow this is absolutely awful news. Could someone post the text if possible please?

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    https://twitter.com/badel_cmail/stat...968780288?s=21

Wow this is absolutely awful news. Could someone post the text if possible please?
    Yeah. Absolutely tragic.

Gold Coast Titans young gun Treymain Spry viciously assaulted in sickening attack
    Travis Meyn, Courier Mail

Titans young gun Treymain Spry is lucky to be alive after being allegedly king-hit in a vicious street assault that has left his NRL playing career in jeopardy.

News Corp can reveal Spry suffered a fractured skull, a broken eye socket and bleeding on the brain after being the victim of a sickening attack in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley entertainment precinct.

The Titans are aware of the incident, which occurred a fortnight ago on the eve of the 2022 NRL premiership, and have reported Spry’s attack to the NRL integrity unit.

The 22-year-old Spry was hoping for a breakthrough NRL campaign this season after he scored two tries for the Titans in their 26-all trial draw with the Broncos last month.

But just two weeks after his eye-catching display, Spry was left fighting for his life after a night out with his new girlfriend ended in the Queensland under-20s winger being brutally bashed by a man who now dates the Titan’s ex-partner.

Queensland police have cleared Spry of any wrongdoing. His assailant, a Brisbane rugby player, has been charged with grievous bodily harm.

Sources have told News Corp Spry was walking through the Valley nightclub precinct with his partner when he crossed paths with his ex-girlfriend, triggering a heated verbal exchange between the pair.

It is alleged Spry’s assailant king-hit the Titans rookie in a bloody attack that saw the Gold Coast flyer rushed to a Brisbane hospital with serious head and facial injuries

The attacker is due to appear in a Brisbane court in May.

Spry is recovering at home and is said to be in a stable condition.

However, his immediate playing future remains in doubt, with Titans medicos to put Spry through a battery of tests before he is permitted to return to the field.

Rated one of the club’s most gifted players, Spry has had a chequered start to his NRL career. He made his Titans debut in 2020, playing five games, but was briefly released by the club last year on compassionate grounds.

It is believed Spry sought a break from the game to sort out some personal issues, but he returned to the Titans in pre-season in a bid to resurrect his NRL career.

The 187cm, 98kg Spry impressed in the trials for the Titans, outperforming Broncos sensation Selwyn Cobbo in their derby trial at Robina, but the Ipswich product’s NRL future is now in limbo.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...2c34d21bbd126a

- - - Updated - - -

You guys may recall in round 1 the entire squad wore black armbands. I believe this is why, as Treymain was in an induced coma following the incident.

Just horrible. Wishing Treymain all the best in his recovery and I really do hope we see him in a Titans jersey again.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 24-03-22 at 06:20 PM.

First Grader

Thanks for sharing HS, absolutely disgusting behaviour and I feel sick reading that for poor Treymain. He really looks like he has the makings of a quality player, don't want to use the typical comparison but he has that GI/ Latrell type body shape which is so lethal. Really hope he is able to make it onto a rugby league field again.

This is tragic.

Awful news. Hope he can make a full recovery
    I was wondering about the isaako signing and how it effected Spry. Maybe this horrible injury opened up a roster spot.

I don’t want to take away from the seriousness of the issue and I hope the best for treymain in his recovery but it pisses me off that this is as big an nrl story as any but there is only one article on it. If it was the broncos there would be thousands.