Page 68 of 143 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2136

That's the first I've heard of Fifita being unhappy at the club? Smells like bs to me.

I’m more worried about his rib cartilage which seems to be his Achilles so to speak. Rapana was out of line for sure but those types of contact are common place.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Honestly half the point of paying Fifita north of 1 million dollars was so we could attract other signings. We may not need to pay him the extra dollars to attract signings by the time his contract is done. He is an awesome player but for 1.2 million he is a risk. 1.2 Million should be reserved for the Nathan Cleary's of this world.

BRONCOS ‘DESPERATE’ TO GET FIFITA BACK

There’s a couple of dominoes to fall first but David Fifita could return to Red Hill with reports the Broncos are “absolutely desperate” to lure him back.

Fifita made his NRL debut for the Broncos in 2018 and became and instant sensation. He joined the Titans last season on a three-year deal said to be worth $1.1 million-a-year.

The Titans are keen on locking him on a new deal but the Broncos may enter the conversation too if they lose Payne Haas.

“If anything was to go wrong (with Haas and the Broncos), this is where David Fifita comes into the equation,” Phil Rothfield told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.

“He has two years to run on a ridiculous big contract at the Titans — it’s over $1.1 million — but he’s right to talk to other clubs from November 1 this year.

“The Titans know that the Broncos are absolutely desperate to get him back — there’s not a better game-breaking edge forward in the competition.

“There’s a lot playing out behind the scenes with these contracts.”

https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/14...695926276?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

and so it begins

the David Fifita media speculation even though he can't talk to other clubs for another 8 months

Rothfield just pointing out a logical outcome of his "ifs" but dressing it up as transfer news is very on-brand

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    and so it begins

the David Fifita media speculation even though he can't talk to other clubs for another 8 months

Rothfield just pointing out a logical outcome of his "ifs" but dressing it up as transfer news is very on-brand
    This where the whole system needs an overhaul, 8 months out from being able to talk to clubs and already the garbage has started

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    This where the whole system needs an overhaul, 8 months out from being able to talk to clubs and already the garbage has started
    How do you “change the system” when it’s simply journalists expressing their freedom to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    How do you “change the system” when it’s simply journalists expressing their freedom to speak?
    I think changing the transfer system would lessen the influence that NRL related media has on creating and controlling narratives about player transfers. The data from major media companies suggests that the most-clicked stories are those relating to signings and rumours (this is anecdotal from friends involved in NRL media - no official source). It's therefore no surpise that this is where they look to allocate resources with content and coverage.

Freedom to speak is ok. Do I think that exercising that freedom to maximise revenue through the speculation, fabrication and exaggeration of news is ok? Not really. Players hate it. Clubs hate it. And at the end of the day we get a bastardized product because of it. The current system enables that more than an alternative potentially could.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    My post was more on the transfer system and the rules around that, nothing against journalist as that's their job and they can express whatever they want. But as HS has already stated the Journalists can play a big part on creating and controlling narratives about players and transfers, just my opinion is that we need to look at the transfer system as a whole, through players signing with different clubs a year out to loyalty dispensations in the cap for local juniors

It must nearly be footy season as the debates heat up. How is Fifita’s rib cartilage?

First Grader

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...injury-update/

Despite copping a heavy hit in the All Stars clash, David Fifita was fine post-game and cleared of any serious injury. He will be available for training and selection in the upcoming Titans trials on Saturday, February 19 and Saturday, February 26.

There ya go Titanic, great news. I’d still be pretty surprised if we play him in the trials though

First Grader

If Haas goes, I cannot see Fifita going back to the Broncos. If Haas stays, there is no way the Broncos could afford Fifita.

Thanks Hanging, excellent news and I’d reckon they’ll rest Smith too.

Excited to see how Holbrook treats the trials, always great to watch the players pushing the top 17 and we always seem to strike a diamond in the rough, my tip this year is Turner to be a shining light

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Excited to see how Holbrook treats the trials, always great to watch the players pushing the top 17 and we always seem to strike a diamond in the rough, my tip this year is Turner to be a shining light
    Agreed it’s going to be interesting to see the makeup of our bench and also given we are certainly going to lose players to COVID they are going to need a depth chart in every position as everyone is going to see game time