Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What I want

JWal
    Clarke
    Mofo
    Fermor
    McIntyre
    Tino

Fifi
    Jaimin
    Lisone
    super sub

What I'll get

JWal
    Boyd
    Mofo
    Fermor
    Proctor
    Tino

Fifi
    Liu
    Lisone
    Super Sub

But if it meant I never have to watch Sami in a Titans jersey again I'd happily watch Fermor in the centres to allow for some more forwards that are just as deserving to get a spot.

I watched Liu toward the end of last season and thought he was about as impressive as Herman when we watched him leaving Newcastle.
    That’s a nice forward pack you listed. It’s about the same as mine. We really have a lot of depth in the middles.
    Regarding lui is apart from when he played us is that he doesn’t make many mistakes or do dumb penalties. He is a professional and hasn’t cost a fortune but we sure have that position covered atm. I do wonder about the signing when I’m struggling to put him in the team. That 400k would have been better off going to smith. Smith for 1.05mil and no lui or no smith with Lui and 750k to spend. I know which one I would prefer.

But if it meant I never have to watch Sami in a Titans jersey again I'd happily watch Fermor in the centres to allow for some more forwards that are just as deserving to get a spot.
    Yep. Fermor to centre, Kelly to wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    That’s a nice forward pack you listed. It’s about the same as mine. We really have a lot of depth in the middles.
    Regarding lui is apart from when he played us is that he doesn’t make many mistakes or do dumb penalties. He is a professional and hasn’t cost a fortune but we sure have that position covered atm. I do wonder about the signing when I’m struggling to put him in the team. That 400k would have been better off going to smith. Smith for 1.05mil and no lui or no smith with Lui and 750k to spend. I know which one I would prefer.
    I don't think signing Liu has in any way meant we have less to offer Smith mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don't think signing Liu has in any way meant we have less to offer Smith mate
    Your probably right as I don’t know how they manage the cap. If we had some good deals on our middles doesn’t that mean if could go somewhere else like hooker?

I’m assuming since we got rid of Ash’s million, Peachey’s 500k+ plus all the other deadweight, as well as having a spine with about 50 games total between them, we should have close to a mill to throw at the Cheese

Rep Player

Each position would have a set budget as a proportion of the total cap based on the club's analysis of its relative value to the overall composition and balance of the squad. That means the recruitment of a forward would have no impact on the budget allocated to the hooker position. I imagine there would also be a bit of reserve budgeted, maybe around 5% of the total cap in case a marquee player comes on the market. For example, if Brandon Smith is available and you have budgeted 800k to the starting hooker position but he will only come for 1m, you're not going to pass on him because of that extra 200k and need to have it available. Budgeting timeframes would probably be 3 to 5 years in advance and contract lengths would be derived from this (again with a bit of flexibility for the right player). The poorly managed teams tend to get their recruitment strategy wrong and end up having to pay players to move on to rebalance (lol Broncos), like a poorly weighted stock portfolio. That's why they say premierships start in the front office. From what I can see, our club is now being run like a professional organisation with some very shrewd recruitment and retention decisions without kneejerk high risk buys like the Tigers did when they went on their (short) bus ride.

This is just my speculation based on general budgeting principles.
    Last edited by willhelm; 27-10-21 at 07:20 PM.

Inactive User

Do not pay overs for that bloke given his post season disgrace.
    Trying to build a good image of not just the club but the city too.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    He was in a private area and was filmed without his knowledge. Whilst it wasn't a good look, in my opinion what the players get up to in their homes/units during the off season is no one's business and he will better for having it happened as I don't think he will make the same mistake again. Don't forget he's still only a young man.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Each position would have a set budget as a proportion of the total cap based on the club's analysis of its relative value to the overall composition and balance of the squad. That means the recruitment of a forward would have no impact on the budget allocated to the hooker position. I imagine there would also be a bit of reserve budgeted, maybe around 5% of the total cap in case a marquee player comes on the market. For example, if Brandon Smith is available and you have budgeted 800k to the starting hooker position but he will only come for 1m, you're not going to pass on him because of that extra 200k and need to have it available. Budgeting timeframes would probably be 3 to 5 years in advance and contract lengths would be derived from this (again with a bit of flexibility for the right player). The poorly managed teams tend to get their recruitment strategy wrong and end up having to pay players to move on to rebalance (lol Broncos), like a poorly weighted stock portfolio. That's why they say premierships start in the front office. From what I can see, our club is now being run like a professional organisation with some very shrewd recruitment and retention decisions without kneejerk high risk buys like the Tigers did when they went on their (short) bus ride.

This is just my speculation based on general budgeting principles.
    Ok, I guess that’s why we don’t have any new 2nd rowers of note, it’s because Fifita has taken it all! If young Campbell is now the fullback so I guess Brimsons money will now go into the half’s.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    He was in a private area and was filmed without his knowledge. Whilst it wasn't a good look, in my opinion what the players get up to in their homes/units during the off season is no one's business and he will better for having it happened as I don't think he will make the same mistake again. Don't forget he's still only a young man.
    Just don’t pay overs for him. I don’t want to cop that. If he’s keen to be a Gold Coaster at a fair and not exorbitant salary then that’s ok.

Sorry to say Bodsy but about 80% of the league would be on the bags, including some of our boys. The problem there was they got dogged out by someone filming and sharing it.

Just don’t pay overs for him. I don’t want to cop that. If he’s keen to be a Gold Coaster at a fair and not exorbitant salary then that’s ok.
    Someone will pay overs because it appears the highest bidder will get his signature. Not sure what huge money will do to his ego though.

Rep Player

Someone will pay overs because it appears the highest bidder will get his signature. Not sure what huge money will do to his ego though.
    He has already been offered 800k by Melbourne so he’s getting an ego boost regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    He has already been offered 800k by Melbourne so he’s getting an ego boost regardless.
    800k wouldn't put him in the top 15 of highest paid. But a million....

He's more interested in being a long-term starting hooker than chasing the most money. Melbourne are offering him 800k to play lock. Regardless, he's going to get paid a lot of money because he's the current #1 (dally m and RLPA voted) hooker in the NRL, is only 25, won't miss any games for origin, and brings big commercial value to a club (yes I still think this despite the recent indiscretion)

I just hope he makes his mind up asap so we can move on to another target if we miss out.