Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast
    Junior

I've just been looking through old titans articles from a couple of months back and two of our 4 fastest players (100m sprint) were Jojo Fifita and Greg Marzhew.
    If we were to pair these two speedy and powerful ball runners together, I was thinking that may be a lethal combination.
    Herbert and Thompson in my opinion are the frontrunners in their positions ahead of Sami and Kelly so I would pair these on the opposite side.

Since I am new to the forum,
    my team as of current would look something like:
    1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Gregory Marzhew
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. Patrick Herbert
    5. Corey Thompson
    6. AJ Brimo
    7. Toby Sexton
    8. Mo Fotuaika
    9. E Clark / A Booth
    10. I Liu
    11. B Fermor
    12. D Fifita
    13. T Faasumaleui

Bench
    14. P Turner (nice utility value and promising 21 y.o)
    15. J Joliffe
    16. S Lisone
    17. J Wallace

fighting for spots:
    B Kelly
    H Ese Ese
    T Boyd
    McIntrye
    Proctor
    Sami

Wondering whether anybody else would be keen to see Jojo Fifita get a shot early on in the season? Crazy that he is only 18 but he doesn't seem too far off the mark.

Welcome to the forum Wolf, appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on a lineup as well.

I'm a huge Jojo fan also. He's only played 3 games of Rugby League at this stage and they're all at U20 level so he'd need some time in Qcup to do some learning but he's definitely one of the most exciting young talents we've had. Outside of his strength and athleticism, what impresses me is his commitment to improving and how professional he is for someone that age. Awesome family around him.

I reckon he'll more than likely debut on the wing (late 2022 at the earliest) and potentially transition to centre down the track once he becomes more familiar with the complexities that comes with defending at centre.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-10-21 at 02:34 PM.

Welcome WolfB … I’m with HS in that Kelly holds his position until Jojo shows a bit more but I’m with you for the rest, in particular Turner in and Proctor/Sami out.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

No Worries H.S. Yea, if Jojo has dedication, that is going to get him very far - perhaps past Joey Leilua.
    Whilst I do hope he debuts earlier, it probably would be best long-term if he hits the ground running like a Nicho Hynes at the back end of 2019.

This is probably not the right forum but what do most ppl here think is a success mark for the next season (positive win record and beating a couple of premiership heavyweights?).

Also, what's everyone's expectations for bulldogs and broncs next season. Seeing so many predictions of bulldogs in the 8. I just don't see it. Broncs backline is actually coming together well but I'm not sold on either of these sides depth.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    No Worries H.S. Yea, if Jojo has dedication, that is going to get him very far - perhaps past Joey Leilua.
    Whilst I do hope he debuts earlier, it probably would be best long-term if he hits the ground running like a Nicho Hynes at the back end of 2019.

This is probably not the right forum but what do most ppl here think is a success mark for the next season (positive win record and beating a couple of premiership heavyweights?).

Also, what's everyone's expectations for bulldogs and broncs next season. Seeing so many predictions of bulldogs in the 8. I just don't see it. Broncs backline is actually coming together well but I'm not sold on either of these sides depth.

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Most of the discussion takes place in this section of the forum so you should be right. I’m with Jarrod Wallace, I think the goal for next year should be firmly in the top 8 and not having to wait until the final round to cement this. I would love to see us walk away with a few wins against other top 8 sides, after a few near misses this year.

I agree, I think Bulldogs will land just outside the 8. They’ve bought well and that backline is starting to look money. From memory and without putting much thought into it, their bench lacks a bit of depth and I think that is what will let them down.

On the Broncos side of things, I wish them all the best as Brisbane’s second best side.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Welcome to the forum Wolf, appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on a lineup as well.

I'm a huge Jojo fan also. He's only played 3 games of Rugby League at this stage and they're all at U20 level so he'd need some time in Qcup to do some learning but he's definitely one of the most exciting young talents we've had. Outside of his strength and athleticism, what impresses me is his commitment to improving and how professional he is for someone that age. Awesome family around him.

I reckon he'll more than likely debut on the wing (late 2022 at the earliest) and potentially transition to centre down the track once he becomes more familiar with the complexities that comes with defending at centre.
    I remember a while back when we first signed Jojo there was a bunch of really salty union followers sad that he decided to swap to league. They were rating him on the same level as SBW (obviously in a different position). Hoping he can live up to that level of hype.

Here is a list of names they are saying the new Brisbane team should target. Anyone in the list that we think we should go for?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...83b85875af3948
    Psmitty

Imagine being on the list of off contract halfs and the "recommendation" is to sign Ash Taylor.

Thankfully reporter couldn't work out when Tino is able to negotiate.

Highlights there is another player chasing a hooker in 2023 though. More competition for Smith/Mahoney/Grant

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Here is a list of names they are saying the new Brisbane team should target. Anyone in the list that we think we should go for
    Reed Mahoney- para is going to need to offload someone from the current roster, he is a queenslander (moving to the gc easier sell).

Even if the new team could pick the best team out of the players available it wouldn’t compare to the roosters, storm and other top teams. It’s a shame now that the titans are on a roll and getting a better name in the recruitment market, that we have to deal with a new team in SEQ. It will be hard to compete against Bennet as well as the broncos.
    Last edited by Titans83; 08-10-21 at 02:54 PM.

I don’t give two hoots about the 2nd Brisso team as long as it allows our development strategy to fly under the radar … marquee players be damned except maybe for a 9 we have them, now we need to strengthen our roster depth by protecting our juniors.

I would have thought Smoothy was more promising than Booth.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-10-21 at 06:48 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don’t give two hoots about the 2nd Brisso team as long as it allows our development strategy to fly under the radar … marquee players be damned except maybe for a 9 we have them, now we need to strengthen our roster depth by protecting our juniors.

I would have thought Smoothy was more promising than Booth.
    Interesting Storm let Smoothy go and no club has
    picked him up at this stage

I think Smoothy would be worth a a go also I think he did more the Booth But honestly we should be in talks with Reed Mahoney bring back to QLD
    he is only young so would fit in nicely Great defender and nice pass both sides and starting to get a kicking game as well as a running game
    I like B Smith but don't we have a no DH policy ???

In the few games I saw I recall thinking defensively Smoothy struggled a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I think Smoothy would be worth a a go also I think he did more the Booth But honestly we should be in talks with Reed Mahoney bring back to QLD
    he is only young so would fit in nicely Great defender and nice pass both sides and starting to get a kicking game as well as a running game
    I like B Smith but don't we have a no DH policy ???
    I also think there will be a bidding war on Smith. It just seems like Mahoney is more under the radar.