Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2136

For mine Boyd is our half back for next year. He has played well enough to keep the 7 on his back. I feel he is improving and certainly not far behind the better 7's.

While Verrills is a 80 minute player we need a back up 9 in the NRL squad and a 9 in the Development group. I think from memory we have 4 spots free on the top 30 list for next year however I believe that there are 3-4 players in that top 30 list that should given permission to move on.

Players with an ** are ones I have a question mark on.

As It Stand 2023 Players Signed with the club.

Jacob Alick ?????
    Tanah Boyd
    AJ
    Jayden
    Clarke
    Tino
    Beau
    D Fifita
    J Fifita
    Foran
    Mo
    Haas
    Herbert **
    Jolliffe
    Kelly **
    Alofi
    Sam L **
    Lui
    Marzhew
    Sam M
    Sami **
    Sexton **
    Thompson
    Turner **
    Verrills
    Vuna **

Total 26 Total so far

Development

Francis
    Weaver

2023 Train Trial.

Jaylan De Groot, Ben Liyou and Ryan Foran

Forwards Liyou and Foran will form part of the club’s top 30 roster in 2024; meanwhile, talented back De Groot joins the Titans’ development list after his first full year year at Parkwood.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...nt-for-future/
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    For mine Boyd is our half back for next year. He has played well enough to keep the 7 on his back. I feel he is improving and certainly not far behind the better 7's.

While Verrills is a 80 minute player we need a back up 9 in the NRL squad and a 9 in the Development group. I think from memory we have 4 spots free on the top 30 list for next year however I believe that there are 3-4 players in that top 30 list that should given permission to move on.

Jacob Alick ?????
    Tanah Boyd
    AJ
    Jayden
    Clarke
    Tino
    Beau
    D Fifita
    J Fifita
    Foran
    Mo
    Haas
    Herbert **
    Jolliffe
    Kelly **
    Alofi
    Sam L **
    Lui
    Marzhew
    Sam M
    Sami **
    Sexton **
    Thompson
    Turner **
    Verrills
    Vuna **

Total 26 Total so far

Development

Francis
    Weaver

2023 Train Trial.

Forwards Liyou and Foran will form part of the club’s top 30 roster in 2024; meanwhile, talented back De Groot joins the Titans’ development list after his first full year year at Parkwood.

I'd be adding an asterix for Liu too. He's very meh

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Jacob Alick ?????
    Tanah Boyd
    AJ
    Jayden
    Clarke
    Tino
    Beau
    D Fifita
    J Fifita
    Foran
    Mo
    Haas
    Herbert **
    Jolliffe
    Kelly **
    Alofi
    Sam L **
    Lui
    Marzhew
    Sam M
    Sami **
    Sexton **
    Thompson
    Turner **
    Verrills
    Vuna **

Total 26 Total so far

Development

Francis
    Weaver

2023 Train Trial.

Honestly mate do you think we could ever be a top 4 side or win a comp with Boyd at halfback? Foran may be a better 6 than 7, but a spine of Campbell, Brimson, Foran, Verills is far more dangerous and likely to win us games. Play Foran at 7 until Weaver is ready to come through

First Grader

Yep for AJ and Foran to be our 6 and 7. Boyd still needs to learn how to game manage.

Esan Marsters will join Super League club Huddersfield from the Gold Coast on a two-year deal.

Can't wait to see who will fill out our 30 for next year. Still no word on Herman?

First Grader

Unless we can get a quality prop to help Tino, we will be just making up the numbers. Mo has gone backwards big time this year and does not hit hard in defence, Jolliffe is an honest toiler and Lui is just average. All the top teams have at least 3 quality props in their squad and we have got dominated down the middle in most games this year due to our lack of real quality in our props.

First Grader

Any suggestions on who we could pick up WD?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    It would be dependent whether we take the long road where there is significant more quality off contract in 2024 such as Tapine, Flegler, T Burgess, Leniu, Solomona and mid tier Guler, Tui and see whether we can also get an early release or short term where the pool of middles for 2023 is limited with only McLean or Lodge ( not real keen there) is available.

Obviously the pool available in 2024 is the obvious way to go long term for the club with an early release, however improbable, would be a bonus.

Maybe Haas wants to play with his brother ����

However what is clear is that we lack the power, dominance of the ruck and the collision across our middles ( except for Tino) across our 3 main middles against any of the top 8 teams.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 18-09-22 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    For me i'll still be looking for longer, taller bodies in the middle, types of guys that fit that mould;

Jackson Frei
    Fletcher Baker
    Aaron Pene
    Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Junior

Let's go! Esan wasn't it and I'm thrilled that we can better use that roster spot.

What do you guys think about us trying to sign Nathan Brown from Parra? Apparently he is free to negotiate with other clubs and can't make the 17.

He has that mongrel our team needs, likes the physical contact, and seems to have a decent fitness level. I think it would be worthwhile exploring and he won't break the bank account. It would give us another middle forward who can rip in and I'm sure he will have a point to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    What do you guys think about us trying to sign Nathan Brown from Parra? Apparently he is free to negotiate with other clubs and can't make the 17.

He has that mongrel our team needs, likes the physical contact, and seems to have a decent fitness level. I think it would be worthwhile exploring and he won't break the bank account. It would give us another middle forward who can rip in and I'm sure he will have a point to prove.
    As long as he can do it properly and not get suspended sure but he’s notoriously a hot head and ends up a penalty liability

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    As long as he can do it properly and not get suspended sure but he’s notoriously a hot head and ends up a penalty liability
    I sort of feel like we are lacking an enforcer and with all enforcers they come with penalties risks. We need someone in the squad if someone does a grubby act on AJ, Jayden, any of our young guns they're protected.

I have played in footy teams and touch teams, were just the addition of one enforcer who protects the team makes the whole team lift because they know someone has their back, especially a team with so many young players like we have.

I miss the days when we had Keegan Hipgrave and Greg Bird. We need to find someone of this mould

You had an enforcer in a touch footy team? That’s wild haha I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You had an enforcer in a touch footy team? That’s wild haha I love it
    My thoughts exactly lol but agree we need a Nathan Brown type.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.