Page 134 of 143 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2136
    First Grader

I have registered also

Do you have to register just to watch it? Or can members watch it later? I was going to register as well but won't make it in time because of work

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...nt-for-future/

Foran and Liyou top 30 in 2024, De Groot development in 2024 (which we already knew).

All will be joiing for pre-season in 2023 and I assume will be part-time throughout the season. They could be promoted at a later date, but note this does not make them NRL eligible for 2023.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yeah our premature extension of average players which are unlikely to attract much interest from other clubs is just bad business. He had only played lock on a few number of occasions and it would make more business sense to assess his value over a longer period of time.
    I just don’t understand it. You resign players based on form and earning an extension. Clark has 3 good games at lock so let’s give him another 2 years? This clubs recruitment and signing strategy is just absolutely cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I just don’t understand it. You resign players based on form and earning an extension. Clark has 3 good games at lock so let’s give him another 2 years? This clubs recruitment and signing strategy is just absolutely cooked.
    I see your point but he was a halfback thrown into the hooking role and filled our gap. I feel now he’s found his position now and he will learn it over the next few years. Look at his stats for the games he was playing lock exclusively he was one of the top meter earners. I was skeptical at first but I sense he will turn into our long term lock.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I see your point but he was a halfback thrown into the hooking role and filled our gap. I feel now he’s found his position now and he will learn it over the next few years. Look at his stats for the games he was playing lock exclusively he was one of the top meter earners. I was skeptical at first but I sense he will turn into our long term lock.
    I’m not disagreeing that he has look good at lock but we already had him on the books for 2023. You don’t know who is going to shake free in the next 12 months, and again it’s only been a few games. Let him play the rest of the season and see how 2023 shapes up then resign him. It’s just common sense. What if he regresses next year? What if you have a gun lock become available. Sure there is a spot in the team for him I just don’t get extending middle of the road players when you already have them locked in. Hopefully time proves the club right

I don't mind that we extended Erin Clarke now, sure he was horrible at no 9, but he offers so much more to the team at lock. I also don't mind we did an early extension because I think we would have got him relatively cheap as opposed to what locks are going for on the open market. We needed to be better with our salary cap and it makes sense to not keep going after marquee forwards.

I still believe we need a halfback and now a 2nd rower since we have signed Verrills and Foran.

I still think we should be looking at Jackson Hastings at halfback, the tigers have Douehi, Brooks, Hastings and Madden....they can't keep them all. I think Hastings compliments our team the best, he's a game manager, touches the ball a lot. He's about 27 so he is entering his prime which should compliment our younger team.

The 2nd rower conundrum is hard, I would really like a tough player to show our young forwards how big they are and it's really effort areas they need to improve on. Would love someone in the Liam Martin or Hudson Young mould of player.

A big outside back would also be nice, but judging by the posts we have a few good options coming through in the ranks. I still think Treymaine will fill one of the starting backline spots.

Would also go after Corey Horsburgh or Josh Curran if they got an early release, players who give it 100% but won't command marquee salaries

Rep Player

Jordan McLean is off contact for 2023 and has been in some good form this year, even earning Origin selection before being ruled out with injury. Could be a good, experienced addition to our pack who wouldn’t expect marquee money.

Verrils looking good today 2023 can't come soon enough with him and Foran in the spine

First Grader

Jeez we got a good one in Verills

Great spot Willhelm! I missed him. Also Aussie Jim Tamou is off contract and knows his way around the park. Tolman is also another solid middle. One of those will be at least worth a one year deal to get us out of trouble next year but McLean is the stand out for mine.

One or two middles and one second rower might do us for forwards, although we currently have 4 empty spots in the 30 for 2023 (if we don't re-sign Herman and Esan). From the reviews and the wisdom of HS, it sounds like Spry should come in and take one of those spots.

Outside of guys breaking contract, there's only really back to the future options in the 7, in Tyrone Roberts or Albert Kelly. If we really wanted to go retro, we could also get Ryan James or Morgan Boyle back. To be fair, all those guys gave us good service.

I'd love to snag Angus Crighton but that's probably unrealistic. Murchie could be a desperation measure in terms of a backrower on a one year deal and Turpin still appeals on the same for depth.

Any takers on any of the above?

Some of the them will come cheaply and could hold the space until our young players really kick on at grade level. HS and mdrew have been boosting my confidence in our junior pipeline over on the JTS thread and the future looks bright if we can just get some quality senior leaders together for the next two years in key positions.

Yeah it’s suggests that the Salary cap may increase by $1.2 mil next year. So that can a big help in recruitment no matter your team
    And also helps in retention of you better players as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Verills hasn't even signed with us yet so I'm not sure what the hype is all about?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Verills hasn't even signed with us yet so I'm not sure what the hype is all about?
    Yes he has, it was confirmed this week.