Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I think Boyd and Clarke off the bench would get the job done I hate the roosters don't watch many games anyone know if verrils ever plays 80 minutes much? Even Sam Mac could be our cheese get him fitter and training at hooker in the off season
    My fear though is Verrills likely will be out injured for an extended period at some point (look at his injury history) and then we are back at square one with Clunk at hooker again. We need to identify a decent backup and sign him to a cheap 1 year deal with preferably a team option for the second.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    My fear though is Verrills likely will be out injured for an extended period at some point (look at his injury history) and then we are back at square one with Clunk at hooker again. We need to identify a decent backup and sign him to a cheap 1 year deal with preferably a team option for the second.
    Yea that is true I was surprised we didn't sign berrel last year after his cup form someone like him would be perfect . Even one of Canberra's hookers they've got starling and Woolford and young trevilyin who's played a couple games he's a qlder

That's a No for Turnip from me.

Wow I haven't seen turpin at all this year so he must haven really lost confidence

Andrew McC form the Dragons for a year ? Dragons have told him he's not wanted. Could come cheap and be a good player to coach the next gen hookers we have ?? His experience will be good.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Andrew McC form the Dragons for a year ? Dragons have told him he's not wanted. Could come cheap and be a good player to coach the next gen hookers we have ?? His experience will be good.
    The dragons are telling him to retire for a reason...he's no good.

Similarly to Turpin, IMO it'd only make sense if it was on a minimum contract and he's happy playing out the year at Burleigh. Which is pretty unlikely

Clark has had his contract extended till 2025

Happy Friday everyone

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Clark has had his contract extended till 2025

Happy Friday everyone
    Hard to understand why. Under contract for 2023 so why not wait till mid next year to assess whether to extend.

First Grader

Hopefully for no more than 200k per year

Yeah, the premature extension is unnecessary.

I'll be in the minority here but I do really like Clark as a 13. Glad he is on the roster, think he brings a lot of vaue and he wouldn't cost much. But can we please stop extending everyone so early in their contract term.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah, the premature extension is unnecessary.

I'll be in the minority here but I do really like Clark as a 13. Glad he is on the roster, think he brings a lot of vaue and he wouldn't cost much. But can we please stop extending everyone so early in their contract term.
    Agree with all of this, extending Fogarty only to release him a few months later is another one of these early extensions that is perplexing. Surprised we didn't extend/upgrade Fifita mid way through last year.

First Grader

Yeah our premature extension of average players which are unlikely to attract much interest from other clubs is just bad business. He had only played lock on a few number of occasions and it would make more business sense to assess his value over a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Yeah our premature extension of average players which are unlikely to attract much interest from other clubs is just bad business. He had only played lock on a few number of occasions and it would make more business sense to assess his value over a longer period of time.
    He had done well at lock so maybe they thought he will inflate his value next year and are trying to lock him in at a lower rate.

Watch him go on the typical GC holiday now he's locked in for a few years.

Anyone else registered for the members’ Zoom talk to our CEO next week? My first question will be about our recruitment strategy. Clarke as a 13 ok as a 9 OH COME ON!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anyone else registered for the members’ Zoom talk to our CEO next week? My first question will be about our recruitment strategy. Clarke as a 13 ok as a 9 OH COME ON!!!
    Yeah I have registered and will be submitting some questions in regards to recruitment, and what had been learnt in the last season and what’s on the horizon in regards to cap strategy and titans plan moving forward