Page 116 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2136

Some honesty in the press regarding Holbrook is refreshing. Until the last few weeks the narratives have been he's the second coming of Bellamy and Jesus combined.

Holbrook is in way over his head. Our defense and basic skills have not improved one iota under his watch. It's embarrassing Brennan 2019 levels nonsense.

Also his refusal to make adjustments in game and his team selections this year have been absolutely mind boggling. How a professional NRL coach that's watched every game this season could keep picking virtually the same team each week this deep into the season is unforgivable.

We need a coach not some suck who wants to be best bum buddies with his players.

Other than the 5 game win streak in late 2020 (when we were already out of finals contention) this team has done nothing under his watch. And don't start on our 10-14 season last year! Talk about being lucky recipients of the most top-heavy season in history!

Look at how Payten and Walters have changed attitudes in NQ and Brisbane respectively in under 18 months and look at the rabble we still have 36 months later.

If management doesn't cut the cord soon it just reeks of being cheap. Yes I know there's performance clauses in his contract but they'd still obviously have to pay him out something not too insignificant.

Ezra Howe should get marched too.
    Herbert
    Clark
    Isucko
    Lisone
    Vuna
    Resigning Proctor
    Marsters
    Ese'Ese
    Liu
    Turner

He sure loves to sign ****house Kiwis! Reading that list of players makes me want to vomit!

If we see 9. Clark on team list Tuesday he should be auto-sacked.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 04-07-22 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post

Ezra Howe should get marched too.
    Herbert
    Clark
    Isucko
    Lisone
    Vuna
    Resigning Proctor
    Marsters
    Ese'Ese
    Liu
    Turner

He sure loves to sign ****house Kiwis! Reading that list of players makes me want to vomit!

If we see 9. Clark on team list Tuesday he should be auto-sacked.
    Most of those guys are fine enough at a pinch, not starting in a weekly 17.

The problem is almost none of them are good at the ancillary type of skill sets we need on this team (Lisone, Ese’ese, Herbert) just too young (Paul Turner, Joe Vuna) , overplayed beyond their capabilities (Isaako, Marsters, E Clark) or just lack the intangibles to make a real difference, and when you have so many roster spots on these types of players is when you’ll run into problems when they’re set to all play big minutes together.

In fairness to Ezra a lot of them were solid value pickups, but I do agree we need to move away from that kind of player now. Isaac Liu doesn’t belong on these types of lists imo when he has no support in the middle bar Tino.

Rep Player

They are reporting Reece Walsh is going to be released from the Warriors and heading back to the Broncos. CNK leaving raiders to the warriors. We wouldn’t of even been in the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    They are reporting Reece Walsh is going to be released from the Warriors and heading back to the Broncos. CNK leaving raiders to the warriors. We wouldn’t of even been in the conversation
    Plenty happening around us whilst we are distracted with our own failures. Will be interesting to see how many meetings they need to have before they decide on a way forward. Club should have shown the door to recruitment and assistant coaches by now. There should have been a plan in place for this months ago when everyone else, not paid to do a job for the club, could see how they have failed terribly at their jobs.

Anyway, guess we'll do our usual and pickup other clubs crumbs and wonder why we continue to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Plenty happening around us whilst we are distracted with our own failures. Will be interesting to see how many meetings they need to have before they decide on a way forward. Club should have shown the door to recruitment and assistant coaches by now. There should have been a plan in place for this months ago when everyone else, not paid to do a job for the club, could see how they have failed terribly at their jobs.

Anyway, guess we'll do our usual and pickup other clubs crumbs and wonder why we continue to fail.
    I look forward to us signing the 12th best player at the Storm, Panthers and Roosters on $550k each respectively and whoever the Broncos release that don't want to have to move to make some easy pre-retirement coin.

That's the tried and tested Titans recruitment strategy.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

I also wonder who we might of gotten if we didn’t decide to sign Issako for reasons I will never him able to comprehend

It’s insane to think they chose Issako as there last spot in top 30 when we have to use guys like Lisone, Wallace and Proctor etc in our rotation as there is literally no one else to choose from

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I also wonder who we might of gotten if we didn’t decide to sign Issako for reasons I will never him able to comprehend
    It was bonehead move and one that goes against we are all saying about building pride in the club. We were a pitstop. Now the Broncos have signed Walsh and I can only assume because we eased their salary cap pressures by taking their junk. It's hard to imagine how that was sold to all and sundry that was going to be a good signing.

I keep coming back to the reason most companies lose staff or culture is due to poor management. I'll say it again, the club should have had their plan B ready to execute by a certain round if things didn't improve. It seems like they are only talking about it seriously now. It will take weeks to formulate and execute a decent plan but as usual we will do knee jerk reactions for a short term benefit.

Anyway....I'm most happy we have a bye this week.

Walsh and Isaako didn’t have any crossover with Brisbane’s cap…Walsh signed from 2023, Isaako was always off their books by then anyway. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a dud but we didn’t quite get 4D chess’d

In other news it sounds like we’ll know the fate of the assistant coaches before the Brisbane game

An outside of the box choose could be Brad Arthur if he can't get Parra to the gf he's gonna be under pressure and while he hasn't been able to get Parra to win a comp he could atleast turn us into a solid top 8 side hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Walsh and Isaako didn’t have any crossover with Brisbane’s cap…Walsh signed from 2023, Isaako was always off their books by then anyway. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a dud but we didn’t quite get 4D chess’d

In other news it sounds like we’ll know the fate of the assistant coaches before the Brisbane game
    Hey mate can you elaborate heard about any structural changes eg Ezra
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

First Grader

I doubt any names could be published by HS at this time before any announcements are made.

But it would be disappointing if Ezra and Dymock are still here by the Broncos game as both have failed spectacularly in their current respective roles

If we don't roll out a youth and development program for the rest of the year I'm done. Any claptrap about needing "senior" players influence from either Wallace and/or Proctor and I'm done. I'd take back James and Mead in any form. I also think that Sexton will remain in the 7 many due to limited options and Holbrooks ego but if Clarke remains in the 9 then I'm done. I don't want Boyd in 9 either and hope that Booth has played his way into at least a shot at it.

Would anybody support Will Brimmo or Woolfe for 6 and 9? I haven't watched enough of them to really have an opinion but I feel we need solid men rather than stars.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If the Walsh to Broncos move is confirmed, anyone think its worth making a play for Te Maire Martin? Bloke probably won't have a place in the starting line-up at Broncos and he can play pretty handily in a number of positions

Hard pass on getting the bloke who is about to be dropped for the upgrade from up the highway.