Page 115 of 143 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    If I had a choice between Fifita and Haas on the same money I would take Haas every day. He earns his money, Fifita, not so much.
    I understand your thinking if that was the only choice but I'd hope the club has made the realisation that big money forwards don't win games consistently and we could put that money to use in the spine if anyone was available.

Understand the value of marquee signings but never at the expense of the team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    If I had a choice between Fifita and Haas on the same money I would take Haas every day. He earns his money, Fifita, not so much.
    Fifita every day of the week. Fifita has ability to win games on his own as we saw in 2021.

Not a fan of Haas at all. I find his behaviour at the Broncos disturbing. I think it's obvious that we need to spend money on the spine.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Not a fan of Haas at all. I find his behaviour at the Broncos disturbing. I think it's obvious that we need to spend money on the spine.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Don’t disagree with us needing to find a better spine but if our middles aren’t improved then the new spine will still be playing off the back foot and struggling. Aside from Tino none of our current middles are capable of consistent NRL standard performances. JWall has moments, Ese, Lisone, Proctor, Mo and Clarke are average. I also don’t rate McIntyre, he is QCup backup. The pack needs a big broom put through it.

I would only let Fifita go if we have Cameron Munster as an genuine option.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rothfield reporting in CM that our Board are sacking Holbrook and that there is a performance based clause in his contract limiting the payout. Pity the players don’t have that. Could be before next game and they are considering Flanagan or Green. Sorry don’t have time to copy it.

I did take the time to email the Board of my horror at our current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Rothfield reporting in CM that our Board are sacking Holbrook and that there is a performance based clause in his contract limiting the payout. Pity the players don’t have that. Could be before next game and they are considering Flanagan or Green. Sorry don’t have time to copy it.

Buzz also said the other week on NRL 360 that the owners told him the coach was guaranteed safe. (??)

Yep way to late IMO but I would say Flanagan is the only available coach that could attract a competitive roster.
    Sure he's made is his mistakes but that won't define the man it will be how he comes thru the other side and this club could be the perfect platform.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/go...a8ff27cfd2d74f
    Article is about Holbrook getting sacked.

Buzz is a big sharks fan and I am not surprised he is pushing for his Cronulla premiership coach to get a gig. No other club has bitten on him so there must be more to the story than what we the fans know.

I emailed the club yesterday morning as well.

Out of curiosity, does the club respond to your emails when your venting about situations like this? I struggle to get the membership team to respond to me

@Croc … no response as yet but didn’t request one, just expressed my dissatisfaction … generally when asking a question I’ll get a response. Our admin is better than our players.

This is the article by Buzz Rothfield

Two premiership-winning coaches Shane Flanagan and Paul Green are the names being mentioned for the job on the Gold Coast.

The Titans owners have no choice but to move on Holbrook after 11 losses from their last 12 games.

Their first half on Friday night against Newcastle was one of the most incompetent displays I’ve seen from an NRL club in years.

A good side would have led them by 40 at half-time, not 22-nil.

Seriously, they are hopeless at even the basic skills.

You see kids in the park who can play the ball properly yet a $9 million team can’t.

This side is rubbish and the Titans management can’t just sit back and do nothing about it.

Kieran Foran is a wonderful old campaigner but it’s too much to expect him to fix this on his own.

They need to put a proven coach in charge.

Someone who can fix their roster and a salary cap that is totally out of whack.

Someone who won’t put a second-row forward on $1.2 million a year.

And someone who can recognise Jamal Fogarty was always their best option at halfback rather than a rookie who’s obviously not ready for the week in, week out demands of NRL.

Having a team play as poorly as they did against Newcastle is bad for the game.

People turn their televisions off and look for something better to watch.

Their next home game against the Broncos is normally a ticket-office bestseller.

You couldn’t blame their members and fans for not turning up this time.