Page 104 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2136

So you guys don't think there's anything to worry about when there's still a very real chance we end up with the wooden spoon this year?

Happy to continue getting pumped week after week, for, oh I don't know, 8 of the last 10 years?

I really miss the posters who kept this forum real. No surprises they've bailed though.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-06-22 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I edited my post to explain a little.

I'm pissed off at where the club sits right now. It's not all on Holbrook I get that. But some of the decisions he's made this year have been beyond questionable...surely you can agree with that?
    For sure. And the reason we are where we are on the ladder is becaus we can't defend for 80 minutes. Like, no hyperboly - we are literally incapable. That's a reflection of roster but it's also a reflection of coaching.

You're pissed off where the club sits. I'm pissed off where the NRL team sits. Trust me, we're both in a similar boat. I guess for me I'm just looking at it and saying well, has Holbrook improved us from when he took us over? Yep. Is there a coach out there available at the moment who is less of a risk than when we took him on? Not sure. Pulling the trigger on a sacking only makes sense if there is a strong replacement out there for mine because as it stands our current coach, despite this season, has taken us to 9th and 8th in his 2 full season as coach, after we came 16th, 15th and 14th the three years before.

Not saying I'm accepting mediocrity at all. This year has been sucky. But we need to shape some perspective around where we are, and what we can realistically do to go to that next level.

Also, GT I've seen you say this "keeping it real" thing a few times and have bit my tongue. But there is also some of us who miss the high quality posters who used to post here but left citing the constant negativity and venting pushed them away. "Keeping this forum real" is not synonymous with improved quality, content, insight or perspective - from what I see it's what you consider to be agreeing with your perspective.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-06-22 at 05:51 PM.

We are all agitated and embarrassed. But the club has a lot going for it and many of us are trying to focus on that. We are all very aware of the major problems the club faces. Too much negativity especially during negative times is poison.

I agree that for the time being changing coaches won't fix the problem. Let the Warriors and Bulldogs and Tigers try that.

There isn't enough coaching talent on the market. But I believe we should look at the assistant coaching roles first.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I find HS to be logical and pragmatic in his posting. And whatever his opinion is, he backs it up with some explanation. He also readily accepts others views. Far from being an apologist or something. One of many adjectives I'd use for him would be, "constructive". Not just being beneficial or providing useful info, but he clearly wants to build the club and the game.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Bring back Garth
    Bring back Carty. Dymock is my target. I feel there is an old Bulldogs coach who could fix that and I don’t mean Baz.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

It's a pass from me.

Not sure we need another winger either. One position we're very deep in.
    Yes the Rabbits tried him at centre but it was back to the wing quick smart.

I agree with the sentiment we should be looking at assistant coach shake ups before head coach shake ups, even if thats necessary because the same still rule still applies that only if someone better is available and willing. Also we should be keeping a sharp eye on the Queensland coach team.

Rep Player

In terms of overall stability of the club, it is much better to bring in a new assistant coach than head coach. Head coach sackings should be an absolute last resort and I don't think we are there yet. Like HS said, you need to look at relative improvement, and taking us from consistent 14th/15th place finishes to 8th/9th deserves a bit of patience in a subsequent bad season that could be an anomaly. Remember that Brad Arthur got the spoon only a few season ago. If next season looks to be a continuation of this season then by all means it might be time to cut JH.

For sure. And the reason we are where we are on the ladder is becaus we can't defend for 80 minutes. Like, no hyperboly - we are literally incapable. That's a reflection of roster but it's also a reflection of coaching.

You're pissed off where the club sits. I'm pissed off where the NRL team sits. Trust me, we're both in a similar boat. I guess for me I'm just looking at it and saying well, has Holbrook improved us from when he took us over? Yep. Is there a coach out there available at the moment who is less of a risk than when we took him on? Not sure. Pulling the trigger on a sacking only makes sense if there is a strong replacement out there for mine because as it stands our current coach, despite this season, has taken us to 9th and 8th in his 2 full season as coach, after we came 16th, 15th and 14th the three years before.

Not saying I'm accepting mediocrity at all. This year has been sucky. But we need to shape some perspective around where we are, and what we can realistically do to go to that next level.

Also, GT I've seen you say this "keeping it real" thing a few times and have bit my tongue. But there is also some of us who miss the high quality posters who used to post here but left citing the constant negativity and venting pushed them away. "Keeping this forum real" is not synonymous with improved quality, content, insight or perspective - from what I see it's what you consider to be agreeing with your perspective.
    Brb getting this tattooed. 10/10 HS.

As if you can talk! I raised many concerns at the start of the year, including regarding our inexperienced spine yet others (including yourself) brushed it aside as, "Can't be any worse than Ash & Fogarty." Coach misses out on Reynolds & Hynes so rushes to get someone else in to help Sexton for next year (Foran). I expressed concerns about paying Fifita the amount of money we did, stating we're just repeating previous years mistakes and was told, "He would attract players to the club." Yeah well we're still waiting on that one aren't we? There are some things we've agreed on but those we haven't where you've ended up being dead wrong and you've never been able to own it, and that's what ****s me because if you can't own it then you're destined to continue repeating it.

Yes, I am overly negative when there ain't much to be positive about. You may remember at the end of last year I made a wholesome post about how Holbrook turned us into a team we can be proud of again. I was so proud of how far we'd come last year...only to throw it all away because of poor recruitment decisions by the club and quite honestly, as I've already said, some really questionable coaching decisions by the coaching staff.

We had an entire off-season to work out how to get our highest paid player into the game and we failed. Extremely inexperienced spine but chose to ignore it. No depth (why else did we buy Isaako just 1/4 of the way into the season)? Moving Fifita to the centres because Coach was watching Thursday night footy and saw the Sharks do it with Talakai - that one was so cringe. And then Isaako at the end of the Dragons game being asked about how we train in field goal scenarios and he basically said we never trained for it. That is a sign of extremely poor coaching, and to sit here and defend it in my honest opinion is just downright insanity.

Anyway, that'll do me for this forum. You and your clique (like that NZTITAN clown) can have at it. I'll only be posting on /r/NRL from now on...I love it there since we can express our opinions freely without being ridiculed for it constantly.

GT101 out.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-06-22 at 07:17 PM.

As if you can talk! I raised many concerns at the start of the year, including regarding our inexperienced spine yet others (including yourself) brushed it aside as, "Can't be any worse than Ash & Fogarty." Coach misses out on Reynolds & Hynes so rushes to get someone else in to help Sexton for next year (Foran). I expressed concerns about paying Fifita the amount of money we did, stating we're just repeating previous years mistakes and was told, "He would attract players to the club." Yeah well we're still waiting on that one aren't we? There are some things we've agreed on but those we haven't where you've ended up being dead wrong and you've never been able to own it, and that's what ****s me because if you can't own it then you're destined to continue repeating it.

Yes, I am overly negative when there ain't much to be positive about. You may remember at the end of last year I made a wholesome post about how Holbrook turned us into a team we can be proud of again. I was so proud of how far we'd come last year...only to throw it all away because of poor recruitment decisions by the club and quite honestly, as I've already said, some really questionable coaching decisions by the coaching staff.

We had an entire off-season to work out how to get our highest paid player into the game and we failed. Extremely inexperienced spine but chose to ignore it. No depth (why else did we buy Isaako just 1/4 of the way into the season)? Moving Fifita to the centres because Coach was watching Thursday night footy and saw the Sharks do it with Talakai - that one was so cringe. And then Isaako at the end of the Dragons game being asked about how we train in field goal scenarios and he basically said we never trained for it. That is a sign of extremely poor coaching, and to sit here and defend it in my honest opinion is just downright insanity.

Anyway, that'll do me for this forum. You and your clique (like that NZTITAN clown) can have at it. I'll only be posting on /r/NRL from now on...I love it there since we can express our opinions freely without being ridiculed for it constantly.

GT101 out.
    You'll be missed mate.

GT101 out.
    You should stay with it GT101 - I got the same lecture about posting an opinion as if it was fact. As if how dare I have an opinion!

Everything you say above is close to the mark, but I just got sick of repeating myself, so essentially stopped posting. I reckon this was a great forum but maybe it has gone stale because nothing changes - with the club and the posters, and I include myself in that. There are those like you (and me, and Titanic who is perhaps more subtle) and others that appear, to me at least, to keep making excuses for the on field results. I respect all opinions but I must admit, like Bodsy said, reading some of this on here is not good for your health if you are desperate for success.

I remember two comments on here that were often raised by posters. One was mine when I wanted AJ to move into the halves - I was slaughtered for that and admitted after a while that I was wrong. I was reminded of my past opinion frequently. I accepted I was wrong....but now not sure that I was.
    The other clanger (in my opinion only) was the comment that "Adam Reynolds would add nothing to this club". Very recent history has shown that to be an absurd view.

So GT101, stick with it. Many people agree with you. The fact many have gone quiet probably should give you comfort.
    Most importantly, I will be at CBus on Saturday hoping like hell for a win. I am confident that with the current owners the ship will be righted, even if we have gone backwards this year. That is why I will always stay a member and have since the Carrara days. Keep the faith because one day you'll be rewarded.

I supported signing Shaun Johnson. That doesn’t seem to be working out for the Warriors. We all have our clangers. I enjoy peoples left field and Hail Mary ideas.

I agree that I also have faith in the owners and their commitment. Plenty wrong between that and what takes place on the field. Our recruitment has been mystifying. Levels of responsibility need to be dealt with in the coming months and year. But because the base is strong IMO I have faith in the long term.

Rep Player

Petulant children often mistake someone disagreeing with them for not being allowed to have an opinion at all. Have fun at reddit, GT101. I think you will fit in there as they have a downvote button that you can utilise to your heart’s content.

No one quite the forum!! The only reason everyone is frustrated because of our piss poor performance this year. It's hard enough to ever meet another Titans supporter in real life (especially here in Sydney) we are the nucleus of the fan base, and there is not many of us out there. Stick with it! Everyone's got different ideas and that is a GOOD thing, whether you disagree or agree it's gives us all something to talk about... When I'm at work and I get stressed out, I go to the cubicle, I read the forum to tune out from work and enjoy some Titans banter. I hate Tyson Gamble so much and I know our hatred for him and the Broncos can reunite us all.