Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I liked what I saw of Sexton, I just wish he had more speed. He is so slow for a small bloke.
    I used to say the same about Greg Oliphant when he played for West's Panthers.

Immortal

Good old Purtell Park!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I used to say the same about Greg Oliphant when he played for West's Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I liked what I saw of Sexton, I just wish he had more speed. He is so slow for a small bloke.
    He appears incredibly slow and I hope they work on that in the off season. I am happy to give him time but he did nothing outstanding in the games he played so far. As I've said too many times recently, we will go nowhere with the halves options we currently have. Fogarty just doesn't have it, AJ has been there before and appears to have lost something, and the others have failed or in Turners case is basically unknown. Add the lack of hooker and next season is not looking great at all.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Good old Purtell Park!
    Bring back Wayne Stewart and Artie Connell a real hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    He appears incredibly slow and I hope they work on that in the off season. I am happy to give him time but he did nothing outstanding in the games he played so far. As I've said too many times recently, we will go nowhere with the halves options we currently have. Fogarty just doesn't have it, AJ has been there before and appears to have lost something, and the others have failed or in Turners case is basically unknown. Add the lack of hooker and next season is not looking great at all.
    MT mate I reckon you may as well put this in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it every 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    MT mate I reckon you may as well put this in your signature to save you the trouble of writing it every 2 days
    Point taken.
    I just get frustrated when some think some ****en miracle is going to happen out of the same plodders that couldn't get the job done this year. But yep I'll give it a rest. See ya in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Point taken.
    I just get frustrated when some think some ****en miracle is going to happen out of the same plodders that couldn't get the job done this year. But yep I'll give it a rest. See ya in 2022.
    Tongue in cheek from me MT, you know that

Don't get too frustrated mate, just some optimism and trust in player development which is refeshing to have around here. Sexton improving to own that 7 jersey and AJ being better than he was at 6 in 2018 is possible. Turner is a raw prospect that there is some excitement about and our pipeline of youngsters in the halves is moons ahead of where we've been historically. I think some of the general optimism is fair.

You know my thoughts on Fogarty & the troubled 9 situation are in-line with yours

we're all on the same page there and even so we still went within a poor decision of progressing

bring back Robson and Twist
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

https://everythingrugbyleague.com/wa..._wwytQFKoMkbNA
    Warriors are looking at signing Ash for a 1 year deal between 200k and 250k. I feel a move like this will suit him

Gold Coast forward Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is adamant he won't be testing the NRL market at the end of the year and he's committed to turning the Titans into a premiership force.

Fa'asuamaleaui famously signed with the Titans before a breakout 2020 season with Melbourne, helping the Storm to win last year's grand final against Penrith. Under NRL regulations, a player is able to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 the year before their contract ends. It's how Fa'asuamaleaui negotiated his deal to join Gold Coast but despite being free to make another early decision this November the 21-year-old says he has no desire to move again.

"I've still got ages to go on my contract here. I'm set here and I want to make this home and I want to make this a very powerful club in the future," the Queensland State of Origin representative said. "I want to be a Titan for life." By his own admission, Fa'asuamaleaui's game suffered during this year's Origin campaign but he feels he's getting back to his best heading into Saturday's elimination final against the Sydney Roosters in Townsville.

Trent Robinson's team welcomes Jared Waerea-Hargreaves back into the fold after a two-week absence with a knee injury. The battle with the veteran prop was one Fa'asuamaleaui was eagerly anticipating. "I can't wait. He's one of the best in the game and I look up to that," he said. "Hopefully I'm like that when I'm older. "Hopefully he does come after us because it's just a good challenge and it motivates just to try and get better." Australian Associated Press

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui says he wants to help build Goast Coast into an NRL premiership force. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui says he wants to help build Goast Coast into an NRL premiership force.

Gold Coast forward Tino Fa'asuamaleaui is adamant he won't be testing the NRL market at the end of the year and he's committed to turning the Titans into a premiership force.

Under NRL regulations, a player is able to negotiate with rival clubs from November 1 the year before their contract ends.

"I've still got ages to go on my contract here. I'm set here and I want to make this home and I want to make this a very powerful club in the future," the Queensland State of Origin representative said.

By his own admission, Fa'asuamaleaui's game suffered during this year's Origin campaign but he feels he's getting back to his best heading into Saturday's elimination final against the Sydney Roosters in Townsville.

"Hopefully he does come after us because it's just a good challenge and it motivates just to try and get better."

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7424335/faasuamaleaui-in-for-long-haul-at-titans/

I'm kinda glad our season ended the way it did watching this manly carve up

Manly the one-man team.

Banned

Is sexton faster than Wallace

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    we're all on the same page there and even so we still went within a poor decision of progressing

bring back Robson and Twist
    With Norm Carr at lock

This issue has been raised before but does anybody else think Corey Thompson (the real one) could be our answer at 9? Quick thinking, elusive, courageous and an angry man … maybe has to develop a kicking game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.