Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The CT thing doesn’t play on my mind one bit. Neither will it with anyone come February and we start playing trials.
    Correct Bodsy and to suggest he should be punted for abusing Herbert is crazy. In fact Herbert needs to be the one in the gun, but as I thought that he was one of our best players on the day, I just put it down to one of those things. A learning experience I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nail biter here as PBC hang on to win 62-0 and claim victory as the best school in Queensland
    Sounds like St Brendan's have some Hail Marys and Lords prayers to say tonight.

First Grader

Nail biter here as PBC hang on to win 62-0 and claim victory as the best school in Queensland
    The Titans have signed some great young kids in Weaver, Roberts, Kini, Bryant, Foran, Cullen but they missed out on probably the best of them all in Mariner. What a player who is blessed with such speed, footwork and skills and hopefully the Titans can eventually get him back to the Titans to play with his mates. We certainly need a star centre
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 15-09-21 at 06:56 PM.

Speaking on The Rush Hour Queenslander with Dobbo Gold Coast chairman Dennis Wats expressed his sadness at saying goodbye to so many faces but offered up positivity to Titans fans at the possibilities that lie ahead.

“They are difficult conversations because they are part of your family”

“Toby Sexton will be the starting halfback next year. He’s ready to go”

A Sexton brimson Campbell spine is exciting on paper, booth looks like he could be a solid hooker too, the fact he's always been a hooker should have him ahead of Clarke. Can Paul Turner play 9? Seems like he could be our 14 or backup for aj of JC?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The Titans have signed some great young kids in Weaver, Roberts, Kini, Bryant, Foran, Cullen but they missed out on probably the best of them all in Mariner. What a player who is blessed with such speed, footwork and skills and hopefully the Titans can eventually get him back to the Titans to play with his mates. We certainly need a star centre
    Mariner is exceptional but he was signed by the Broncos when he was still living in NZ, and they brought him over to PBC last year to get some tutelage before he joined their full time squad. I reckon he will play NRL next year

First Grader

Big call by watts to say sexton will be our starting half next year, not that I don't agree with it....just could upset the dressing room after all fogarty is the starting half and captain of the team, who just re-signed

Yeah…just a lights reel.

I think both Sexton and Fogarty will play 7 next year, well at least at the start of the year. Hollbrook seems the type of coach that slowly brings a player on. He gave Campbell a few games than he had half a dozen off then he came back again although due to injury. Sexton and Marzhew each had a few games then dropped to many on here's disgust. Look what the Roosters have been doing with Sam Walker they have gradually been bringing him on. To play week in week out is a big thing for someone who has only hit first grade. I think we will see more of Campbell, Sexton, Marzhew next year but I think it may be slowly.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Big call by watts to say sexton will be our starting half next year, not that I don't agree with it....just could upset the dressing room after all fogarty is the starting half and captain of the team, who just re-signed
    It was an interesting interview and he didn't even mention Fogarty, stated that Toby would be starting halfback, and also mentioned that we needed a 7 who can take control and close out a game. He went on to say Toby Sexton is who they think can do that.

I enjoy listening to Dennis speaking to media because he's pretty honest. He described the NRL this year as 2 divisions - and we "won the 2nd division". It's clear he wants and expects better next year.

Inactive User

Newcastle won the 2nd division

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Newcastle won the 2nd division
    Sure. But you get his point.

Inactive User

Sure. But you get his point.
    Totally get it. The NRL has huge issues at the moment with its lack of equalisation.

Damned straight about Fogarty ... when we needed a field goal the fill-in utility forward playing 6 takes the kick instead of the game managing captain and only kicking half ... for sure Peachey would've been happy to have a crack but like in everything else our on field leadership was ludicrous.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I liked what I saw of Sexton, I just wish he had more speed. He is so slow for a small bloke.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I liked what I saw of Sexton, I just wish he had more speed. He is so slow for a small bloke.
    Yeah I think Wallace has Sexton well and truly covered