Page 8 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thankyou Ash, Mitch, Tyrone, Jai, Sam and Jonus for your efforts and contributions at Titans ��

All the best with what is to come next.
    https://twitter.com/gctitans/status/...389223936?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

The Gold Coast Titans officially thank departing players Ash Taylor, Mitch Rein, Jai Whitbread, Tyrone Peachey, Sam Stone and Jonus Pearson for their contribution to the Club and efforts while wearing the Titans jersey.

Taylor (Titan #104) played 114 games across six seasons on the Gold Coast and played a big role on and off the field during his time at the Club. Also an ambassador for the Gold Coast Hospital Foundation, Taylor played both five-eighth and halfback in his time on the Gold Coast including 16 games in 2021.

Rein (Titan #136) played four seasons on the Gold Coast, with the 31-year-old hooker notching 71 NRL games in his time with the Club. Rein reached 200 career NRL games in 2021, having previously played for St George Illawarra and Penrith.

Whitbread (Titan #142) and Stone (Titan #148) have both joined Leigh Centurions in the Super League and have already represented their new team. Whitbread was a Titan for four seasons, having made his NRL debut with the Club, while Stone played across three seasons and managed four games in 2021.

Peachey (Titan #143) played 63 games for the Titans across three seasons after joining the Club in 2019. The 30-year-old has covered a number of positions in his time as a Titan, finishing 2021 in the five-eighth jersey while also playing at lock and from the interchange bench this season.

Jonus Pearson (Titan #154) also finishes his stay as a Titan, having signed with the Central Queensland Capras in the Intrust Super Cup. Pearson managed one game in 2021 and two in total in his time at the Titans, after previous stints at the Broncos and Dragons.

The Gold Coast Titans want to thank all six players for their contributions and sacrifices made during their time with the Club and wish the players and their families all the best for what comes next.

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans

Melbourne Storm hooker Brandon Smith is off-contract at the end of next season and admits even he does not “really have a clear vision” of what his future will look like.

The Storm are desperate to keep Smith, who has been dynamic at hooker but also have Harry Grant contending for the starting gig off the bench.

Grant though is more than willing to continue his supersub role should it mean Smith staying at the club.

“I think everyone wants to start but I think for me it’s just whatever’s best for the team and for myself it’s probably playing off the bench,” Grant told Channel 9 on Monday night.

“I love him. He’s so good for our side and our squad and I’m just telling him to hurry up and sign. Everyone wants him to stay.”

The problem for the Storm though is that everyone wants Smith too - including a host of rival clubs led by the Bulldogs, Titans and Roosters.

Smith himself admitted in an interview with Channel 9 that while it would be difficult to leave, he is not settled on his future beyond 2022.

“I still have no idea,” Smith said.

“Obviously my preferred position is hooker and the way this club is run. It’d be hard for me to turn away from this.

“I sort of owe them. You don’t owe anyone in footy. But they really changed my life, this club, and it’d be hard to turn away.

“I don’t really have a clear vision on what I want to do.”

Speaking on The Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday morning, rugby league reporter Danny Weidler said Smith is “totally torn” and “rattled” with the hooker set to field “really significant offers” from rival clubs.

“There seems to be something going... I still think in his mind he is unsure,” Weidler added.

Sign Brandon, give him the keys to the city

Banned

Sign Cameron smith for 1 million

So how many roster spots do we have left for next year and how much will we have in the cap?

Boats mean a lot more on the Coast rather than parked in a Melbourne garage and I’d think Our Lady Bec would be able to cater for him perfectly … here’s a name for it for free Happy Hooker.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    So how many roster spots do we have left for next year and how much will we have in the cap?
    Go back a page. Was discussed.

Banned

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/st-...01-ghea18.html

Remember when Mitch Rein used to be considered for Origin

We better re-sign him

Come on guys petition to re-sign Mitch Rein

First Grader

I'm torn whether CT is just a troll or not

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Sign Brandon, give him the keys to the city
    It appears that he can't be here until 2023, unless he gets a release. So.....who is our hooker next year. Clark is not up to the job so what's the go. I trust the club has info that we don't, if not this bloke will not be a fulltime member in 2022. I am not copping another year of mediocrity, but I hope a decent signing is happening. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It appears that he can't be here until 2023, unless he gets a release. So.....who is our hooker next year. Clark is not up to the job so what's the go. I trust the club has info that we don't, if not this bloke will not be a fulltime member in 2022. I am not copping another year of mediocrity, but I hope a decent signing is happening. Please.
    The question is MT, who is available as a Hooker?

Can only improve a roster with what is available. Sometimes that means we've gotta wait to make a play at the best option instead of locking up funds elsewhere.

Seen some rumours on Reddit over the past couple months saying Fogarty to be groomed into the 9 next year. Doubt it has any legs but thought I would hand grenade it in to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The question is MT, who is available as a Hooker?

Can only improve a roster with what is available. Sometimes that means we've gotta wait to make a play at the best option instead of locking up funds elsewhere.
    A very valid question HS. It is very easy with 20/20 hindsight but it seems that we have planned very poorly in regards to the hooker spot. I'm not sure what hookers were on the market for next season but at the moment our situation doesn't look good. We are screwed if we take our current hooker options in to next season. That's why I am hopeful the club recruitment people have something up their sleeve.
    We let Rein go but we have to replace him with someone, hopefully much better. If not we maybe should have hung on to him. Perhaps we should have a petition to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    A very valid question HS. It is very easy with 20/20 hindsight but it seems that we have planned very poorly in regards to the hooker spot. I'm not sure what hookers were on the market for next season but at the moment our situation doesn't look good. We are screwed if we take our current hooker options in to next season. That's why I am hopeful the club recruitment people have something up their sleeve.
    We let Rein go but we have to replace him with someone, hopefully much better. If not we maybe should have hung on to him. Perhaps we should have a petition to keep him.
    Hahaha forum member CT has been on a one man mission to jack up that petition for months

I think the hooker plan is just working to the timelines of availability. It's a scarce position across the NRL and the one where most clubs are deficient. There isn't often top class hookers availalbe off contract. The best position you can be in is to have large availability in both salary cap space and roster postion - there's no point having a $1mil hooker and also a $500k hooker still hanging around absorbing cap and taking a top 30 spot. I assume they've budgeted big money in the cap for 2023 onwards to target Smith (or Grant, who I believe has a PO) to make the best offer possible when other clubs might not have the cap space pre-planned. They've been trying to get Smith for a while..swap offers have fallen through etc.

Either way, I'd say we'll know by end of this year whether we've got Smith for 2023 and if not then god knows what plan B is. Grant & Smith talk a friendly game to the media but they both want to be starting 9's.