Page 66 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Gosh I hope he makes the team this year, I personally want to have Fifita off the bench and have him play the back 60 minutes and Sam Mac starting in 2nd row and moving to the middle for the rest of the game. I would say he could give Fermour bit of a rest on his side of the field too but after seeing Fermour play an amazing 80 against the Roosters last year I think he is one of those guys that just can go and go and go.
    Fittest man in the team (probably did the testing when 23 of 30 players had Covid)

Watching that Podcast with Fermour made me go try the Bronco Shuttle myself ( and time it) and I could only make 800m before i completely blew my gasket and was limping for the rest of the day.

Good re-signing. Love McIntyre.

CM reporting Wallace is a likely Bennett signing. I can certainly understand that as an option for Wallace but with Bromwich and Nichols that’s a lot of moolah on aging middles. Would like him to stay but not fussed and we shouldn’t pay overs for him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Wallace isn’t our future, let him go

Wallace has 3 options. Us, Broncos or Redcliffe. Everything else will be too far away from his kids

Wallace doesn’t suit the game with the increased speed of the Ruck and he isn’t a spring chicken so happy for him to get his retirement payment of the dolphins, we have plenty of young forwards especially front rowers that suit the new style of game

Absolutely love the McIntyre resigning, this is a smart astute extension.

Thought Wallace did well last year, but he is not essential to our club and he would free up some cash to strengthen other positions (cough cough no 9).

I forgot to add the McIntyre resigning is very good his best football is ahead of him and after watching his interview you can see that he is a team player and a good clubman

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Wallace doesn’t suit the game with the increased speed of the Ruck and he isn’t a spring chicken so happy for him to get his retirement payment of the dolphins, we have plenty of young forwards especially front rowers that suit the new style of game
    I dont agree with this because he had his best year since 15/16 last year, his pass before the line is really nice. Though I would be trying to low-ball him for a new contract and wouldnt be sad to see him leave.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 22-01-22 at 03:08 PM.

He definitely played some good football last year but I agree with lonegull that he isn't well suited to the way the game is played now. Fundamentally he lacks a lot of what makes a high quality middle on both sides of the ball and chances are will decline with age. He's still an NRL capable player at the minute for sure but we're stacked with decent middles and emerging players that still have their best football in front of them. Great bloke and have enjoyed him in a Titans jersey but see no point in re-signing him and taking up cap/a top 30 spot when he's surplus to requirements.

Expect him to be a Redcliffe signing and good on him for finding a club that allows him to stay close to home.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 22-01-22 at 03:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Did you see Wallace in open space after his intercept
    Keep him

And did you see his chip and chase

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Did you see Wallace in open space after his intercept
    Keep him

And did you see his chip and chase
    If he’s happy to stay cheap then sure keep him but if Wayne wants him then don’t even bother as he won’t be cheap.

Totally agree with everyone's feelings and reactions to McIntyre.

I can definitely see Wallace being a Dolphins target. He also is a personality that you can build a club identity out of. Which I'm a bit worried about with them perhaps signing Lodge and to a much lesser extent Milford.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

Who is Immanuel Kalekale?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...