Page 64 of 143 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post

CT was one of our best last year. Marzhew and CT have got to be our first choice wingers.
    I agree Marzhew gave us great go forward unlike the years of Don. They have to be the best two wingers with Sami as a backup. Kelly and Herbert should be the centres also.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I agree Marzhew gave us great go forward unlike the years of Don. They have to be the best two wingers with Sami as a backup. Kelly and Herbert should be the centres also.
    Should have a pretty good back line if that is the case.

It’s a meh from me too … Thompson belongs on the left and Marzhew on the right, imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don’t think he’s terrible JAF - he’s an ok winger with a high work rate and puts up consistently decent numbers. It’s just that for me, it’s a position group we’re over-flowing with youth in already and I think he’s peaked with that random purple patch early in 2020.

Hopefully all this talk about a new and improved 6kg lighter Phil Sami is shown on the field this year. Judging by team mates reaction to the re-signing he certainly seems a popular member of the squad I’ll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don’t think he’s terrible JAF - he’s an ok winger with a high work rate and puts up consistently decent numbers. It’s just that for me, it’s a position group we’re over-flowing with youth in already and I think he’s peaked with that random purple patch early in 2020.

Hopefully all this talk about a new and improved 6kg lighter Phil Sami is shown on the field this year. Judging by team mates reaction to the re-signing he certainly seems a popular member of the squad I’ll give him that.
    Yeah…but can he change a light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Yeah…but can he change a light bulb?
    Um....it's spelt lightbulb

Kelly is a winger. CT & Kelly would be my wings.

Sami is just depth for me. Marzhew and ct wingers. Kelly and herbert centres.

No real issue here with Sami re-signing and pretty much agree with everything HS wrote. Plus I honestly don't think he played badly in those last few games of the year. He is fine as a depth signing imo.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-01-22 at 08:07 PM.

I miss Bods, I thought a terrible signing might bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    lmao

Maybe it's because I'm so worried about our spine that I'm sorta indifferent with this signing. That spine has me very worried for this year tbh, way too inexperienced and unproven if you ask me.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-01-22 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    lmao

Maybe it's because I'm so worried about our spine that I'm sorta indifferent with this signing. That spine has me very worried for this year tbh, way too inexperienced and unproven if you ask me.
    I sometimes think this but then remember how bad Taylor & Fogarty were and think that Brimmo & Sexton can’t possibly be worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We need to make a tribute thread with all our best Bods memories

Greg Condon has been getting off far too easily around here lately

Brimmo can tackle and Sexton can pass, cant be any worse than last year.

I feel like fogarty is very under appreciated here. He was a good game manager and would have been good for sexton to have next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    I feel like fogarty is very under appreciated here. He was a good game manager and would have been good for sexton to have next to him.
    I can appreciate Fogarty's contributions to the team don't think they would complement each other at all. In fact, I reckon they'd cannabilise each other's strengths on the field if they were paired. Sexton's strength is in organising and controlling field position and he needs to be responsible for that to be of value. Same with Fogarty.