Page 63 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Yeah agree GT101. He no longer passes the character test so let’s move on to someone who does.

Rep Player

Yeah as soon as his manager said when us and a few other clubs had made an offer but they “hadn’t heard from the one they want” (roosters) he entered the go get f**ked for life book in my eyes. Hard to compete when a few teams in this comp don’t have the rules apply to them but meh moving on. We have retained our best young core and have money to spend…the right player will come.

Storm know the ones they want to keep … stiff cheddar to the clown, I wouldn’t want one of ours giving an interview like that no matter how well they can play. Seems he could have benefited from having his mother around instead of the YKTR brohood.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Do you think the Roosters will cop that type of behaviour? Maybe he will be on a tight leash.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Has the train and trial list been trimmed?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Has the train and trial list been trimmed?
    Yep, all of the ones pushed from the Qcup feeder teams were sent back a week before xmas break.

I think the only ones who may be kept on for an extended time are the JTS boys who have already signed future NRL development contracts. Will see next week

First Grader

Sami re signed until end of 2024

Titans winger Phil Sami has re-signed with the club in a deal that will see him remain on the Coast for a further two seasons.

The 24-year-old progressed through the Titans system, making his NRL debut with the Club in 2017.

The versatile Sami has played wing, centre and fullback over his 73 games for the club, scoring 34 tries.

Titans Coach Justin Holbook says he is pleased that Sami has committed long-term.

“Phil is part of the core group that we’ve got coming through,” Holbrook said.

“He has come through the system alongside other players of a similar age, like AJ Brimson and Moeaki Fotuaika, and is now heading into his sixth season of NRL football.

“Phil had a few injuries last year, but what has impressed me is how he has applied himself this pre-season.

“He is committed to what we are building and he wants to permanently cement a spot in the side.

“I’m excited for what Phil can bring and it’s great news for our club that he is going to be a Titan for the next three seasons.”

Already contracted for 2022, Sami will now be a Titan until the end of the 2024 season.

Rep Player

Geeze this would want to be for low money! Sami does nothing for me. No longer has that elusive speed. Can’t stay on his wing. Offers zero in attack. That finals game against the roosters where he got the ball In open space but had no speed. Figured we would be moving on from him. Absolute meh signing for me

Yikes

I was worried this was on its way when he was getting a heap of praise for his pre-season form

Is it bad I was hoping the Dolphins would sign him on $400k per season deal for 4 years to chew up their salary cap

The Dolphins must of made a play for him which is why we would of signed him before lets say letting him play 12 games in the season to see if can prove himself worthy of another contract.

With Thompson retiring possibly (32 years old), I can see why we want to shore up another Winger, also the team has almost no experience so hopefully him playing a few seasons now and being in an origin camp is something he can cash in on soon.

Honestly, i was hoping we were going to move him on, but theres not many wingers that I would be willing to sign from other clubs for more money, and tbh plenty of teams have pretty 'meh' wingers. The wingers in our system are still extremely young and untested. I was kind of dreaming for a future of a Kelly and Merzew wing combination but thats just me playing fantasy Titans ball in my head.

I was also hoping he would be moved on.. i really hope marzhews is either on the wing or centre this year.. he makes great meters and is what we need.. Sami loves running out of position or just doesn’t look interested.. I hope he proves us wrong this year, really do but not getting my hopes up after our previous pre seasons have been talked up so much but failed to deliver..

Also was looking forward to seeing how a couple of the young guys go.. which I’m sure will happen with players being out with covid during the year

I dont get you guys 1 week its sign him cuz he is our junior but with Sami its hope he signs somewhere else
    I can name heaps of things the other winger have done and was bad but I think you all forget and only remember the good
    tell me who has ran down the fox ?????
    give the guy a break he always there and will play anyway if asked
    anyway Hope he does well for our Team I can see him playing round 1 and CT not there (line set)

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I dont get you guys 1 week its sign him cuz he is our junior but with Sami its hope he signs somewhere else
    I can name heaps of things the other winger have done and was bad but I think you all forget and only remember the good
    anyway Hope he does well for our Team I can see him playing round 1 and CT not there (line set)
    HAhahahaha ran down the fox after the fox had put a couple of hundred metres under his belt for the night. This is a terrible signing, he is useless and shows nothing.

Sami appears to have great pre season form but that doesn't carry any to on field performances.

He was fast three years ago but has bulked up a bit since.

Even got chased down by veteran halfback Mitchell Pearce early in the game so no excuses of fatigue or tiredness.

CT was one of our best last year. Marzhew and CT have got to be our first choice wingers.

So disappointed when I heard this news.
    Last edited by MaroonTitan; 17-01-22 at 06:04 PM. Reason: grammer