Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Gross, I think he’s only marginally better than what we’ve currently got

If we’re going down that path, Simpkin is a better option and he’s got the ties here already
    I'd give Simpkin a shot also. Definite no to Liddle.

What would we think about taking Smith on a loan deal for the year? You have to wonder what his attitude would be like playing at a club he doesn’t want to be at, and we might not consider it since he turned us down

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    What would we think about taking Smith on a loan deal for the year? You have to wonder what his attitude would be like playing at a club he doesn’t want to be at, and we might not consider it since he turned us down
    Nup stay well and truly away from him now, he has too much potential to corrupt our young squad with his off field antics. If his hearts not with the Titans, he shouldn't be here as a mercenary. Think the risk of ruining our young squad or giving them "big heads' is not worth the risk, just my 2 cents.

gone right off Smith, f#*k him as far as I'm concerned.

Rep Player

I’m going to back Erin Clark. We missed out on Smith and with the way he’s been carrying on I’m not even upset anymore. Pickings are slim so let’s focus on what we have. Holbrook seems to see something in Clark and I must say he is wholehearted. Not going to be a gamebreaker but if he tackles his guts out our creativity can come from the rest of the spine.

Anybody else feel Fifita seems to have been shoved into the background somewhat or is conspicuous by his absence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Anybody else feel Fifita seems to have been shoved into the background somewhat or is conspicuous by his absence.
    I reckon they’re intentionally taking the attention off him T. Let him focus on training instead of of being distracted and put out there. Fact is he’s an easy target for negative headlines and online abuse

In fact our entire pre-season seems to be like that - more private, less distractions, less media, less outside noise, no documentary lol

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’m going to back Erin Clark. We missed out on Smith and with the way he’s been carrying on I’m not even upset anymore. Pickings are slim so let’s focus on what we have. Holbrook seems to see something in Clark and I must say he is wholehearted. Not going to be a gamebreaker but if he tackles his guts out our creativity can come from the rest of the spine.
    Yeah Clarkes only had that one season at Hooking and his improvement was outstanding.
    I feel he could go to another level as he’s still young and has the physicality but whether his footy acumen can keep growing we’ll just have to see?

Rep Player

Clarke was serviceable last year but seemed to make poor decisions in defence with a couple of absolute howlers. however it is most likely all coachable. He has the spark and enthusiasm we need he just needs to work on his execution. I also think if a Tannah could fix his defence he could spark us off the bench at utility. Next year is where we really need to sort our 6,7,9 and 14. You aren’t going too far without a quality spine

Clark’s passing way too slow plus he has that habit of taking a few steps before passing. Otherwise he’s fine lol

Junior

Anyone else think we still need an older head around the spine or halves to help these young fellas along?? I mean they don’t have to be in the 17 every week, just around training helping them not get over excited with situations

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    gone right off Smith, f#*k him as far as I'm concerned.
    Haha and the news yesterday was Melbourne wanting to give WT a one year rental of B Smith for them taking Stefano off their hands. Surely just taking the piss and trying to insult the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Anyone else think we still need an older head around the spine or halves to help these young fellas along?? I mean they don’t have to be in the 17 every week, just around training helping them not get over excited with situations
    I have SCT but I’m not convinced tbh. Holbrook has that skill set and hookers who coach are few and far between. Ennis for example seems to have neutered the Raiders and Cam Smith’s game is far too complex to coach. I feel invest in a young natural talent and bring them on is the way to go judging historically by the successful 9’s.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Sort of yes sort of no, our coaching staff should be responsible for this if it isn’t a player in the 17 but an older head doesn’t always mean they come with the experience to be useful in this way.

Fogarty for example was an older head but never that guy - he constantly went missing in high pressure/clutch situations

Can anyone read and post the bulletins story about smith please?