Page 57 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast

Seems like he doesn’t want to go where his mother can curb his very well documented social life. Don’t mind Robson.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

That interview hahaha off ya go cheese, enjoying sharing a bed with JWH and uncle Nick in your matching chookies PJs.

Good ole Uncle Nick always gets what he wants. But when the salary cap doesn’t apply to you and the NRL bends over backwards to ensure you get success why wouldn’t he.

F**k the roosters I hope they get nothing but misery heading their way….anyways we are more than a one man team. Smith woulda been great and we need a hooker and I’m sure we have a plan B. Cheese can gush over how the roosters made him feel like the most special little boy in the world but I’m more impressed with what we are doing. Us not getting the cheese is meaningless we are going to be one of the top teams in the next 5-10 years. Up the titans

If he doesn't want to be here, we will find someone that does. Great player but I feel he could also have a negative effect on our young players off the field.

Whos next fellas, this means we got some $$ for a signing? Robson, Brailey, Verrils, Keighran, McInnes, Starling, Hodgson, Api (surely I am missing some more names)? Btw I am not suggesting these people, just ones who might be attainable.

First reports that he has or is informing other clubs he has signed with the Rorters

Oh and they re-signed Manu

Both for unders, seems like everything is above board

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    First reports that he has or is informing other clubs he has signed with the Rorters

Oh and they re-signed Manu

Both for unders, seems like everything is above board
    When a team can lose multiple players to injury/suspension across multiple positions and still field a team stronger than 60% of the league you know it’s rigged from the start.

Side note: dolphins miss out again. Will be Darius Boyd FB/Captain at this rate

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    When a team can lose multiple players to injury/suspension across multiple positions and still field a team stronger than 60% of the league you know it’s rigged from the start.

Side note: dolphins miss out again. Will be Darius Boyd FB/Captain at this rate
    They've got to be getting worried now. Maybe we offer them Herman and Sami as a package deal. They don't need them this year but they can have them

Rep Player

Api is top of that list but may be a vax issue.

Both Braileys are locked away.

Verrills an option now but I’ve always been a bit iffy on him. Looks more like a skinny halfback than a hooker and has a history of injuries.

Robson should be our top target especially since he’s a local and the Cows are apparently shopping him around.

If none of those options work out then I’d probably just persist with Clark.

If BS is gone then there isn't a rush anymore for a hooker. See what this year brings for our new recruits and further development of our existing. Money in the bank might come in handy through the year. Hopefully we will be more astute than buying players of the calibre of Esan Marters.

Geez, I hope the Hooker we just got from Storm doesn’t read this forum…His confidence would be at an all time low.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If BS is gone then there isn't a rush anymore for a hooker. See what this year brings for our new recruits and further development of our existing. Money in the bank might come in handy through the year. Hopefully we will be more astute than buying players of the calibre of Esan Marters.
    Marsters is just depth and on bugger all. He was a good value buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Geez, I hope the Hooker we just got from Storm doesn’t read this forum…His confidence would be at an all time low.
    He’s on a development contract. If his ego is shattered by this then his expectations weren’t realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Aaron Booth, or Clark, or Turner or Boyd or whoever else is playing hooker/utility for us.

Booth, Clark and Boyd in that order for 9 and Smith (Will), Turner and Boyd in that order for 14 but if we go with a utility at 14 then the three other bench spots become a real contest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Wasn't there a rumour that the Cows were after Ese'ese last year? Should see if they're open to a trade for Robson.

First Grader

Wasn't Robson really highly rated coming through the grades? Australian representative? I wouldn't mind if we signed him and developed him further. I really just don't see Clarke as a long term option. He's abit erratic

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Wasn't Robson really highly rated coming through the grades? Australian representative? I wouldn't mind if we signed him and developed him further. I really just don't see Clarke as a long term option. He's abit erratic
    Yeah he played top level as a junior and has managed to kick on, whereas usually hooker is one of those positions that has the lowest conversion from junior star straight to NRL first grader (the lowest % conversion is actually halves - eek). He's only 23 and has been playing in a pretty shoddy Cowboys outfit but I think he's a very good prospect. From Northern NSW too, and his brother plays for Tweed and is currently doing pre-season with the Titans NRL squad.

Mal went hard after Robson when he originally made the decision to leave St George in 2019, but he chose the Cowboys over the Titans (and fair enough, we'd just won the wooden spoon)
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-11-21 at 06:24 PM.