Page 55 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Anyone else read that the Cowboys were willing to trade Reece Robson for Luci Leilua? Think it was in the DT.

Wonder if they’re still interested in Herman?
    Yes please

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Anyone else read that the Cowboys were willing to trade Reece Robson for Luci Leilua? Think it was in the DT.

Wonder if they’re still interested in Herman?
    Cows will get the spoon sometime in the next few years. They’re starting a downward trajectory like the Dogs were 5 years ago.

Junior

So Mahoney is out, Hodgson is too old, Fainu will stay at the Eagles, Smith looks like he might not come to us. What are our options or who are the next great junior hookers coming through we could pull off another tino style signing??

Immortal

Vaka Sikahele and Oskar Bryant are both training with the NRL squad at present so they are the next to coming through.

Unfortunately as HS said through Vaka has suffered a long term injury.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Vaka Sikahele and Oskar Bryant are both training with the NRL squad at present so they are the next to coming through.

Unfortunately as HS said through Vaka has suffered a long term injury.
    How is Oskar looking? Have there been any standouts of the train and trialists so far or still too early to tell?

Absolute shame to hear about Vaka. Will be good when he can make a good injury free run.

Rep Player

Vaka is the one we brought over from NZ right?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Vaka is the one we brought over from NZ right?
    Yep. He was one of the standouts in pre-season too. We recently extended him until end of 2023.

Some (and very little, this was made in May this year when he had played a handful of games) footage of him playing for Burleigh colts and Titans 19's:

Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-11-21 at 09:02 AM.

First Grader

It appears the dolphins big announcement was the signing of felise kafusi

Not fussed on missing out on Mahoney tbh. I have serious doubts over whether he can stay healthy given his recent injury toll. I do wonder whether the Eels had cold feet over re-signing him partly for this reason.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 27-11-21 at 02:09 PM.

This is shocking news

CLUB IN POLE POSITION TO SIGN SMITH

The Roosters have reportedly moved in to pole position to sign superstar hooker Brandon Smith.

The 25-year-old has spent the last month travelling the east coast, touring clubs hoping to sign the versatile New Zealand International.

After having meetings with the Cowboys and Titans it emerged that the NRL’s newest franchise the Dolphins and Roosters were his most likely destinations.

Now, after his tour of the club last week, the Roosters have moved ahead in the race for Smith’s signature according to the Daily Telegraph.

The Roosters are unable to match the money the Dolphins can offer, but the Roosters reportedly sold their potential to win premierships to the star man.

It will be a huge blow for the new franchise as they attempt to pry some of the league’s top talent away, thus far missing out on the signatures of Christian Welch, Patrick Carrigan, Isaiah Papali’i and Clint Gutherson.

Smith was seen as the perfect marquee man, being a top-quality hooker and lock with finals experience.

The Storm are not completely out of the picture though, with Smith reportedly giving Melbourne the last chance at his signature after the Roosters table their offer.

Smith is making the move in the hopes of being a starting hooker, something the Storm cannot guarantee with Harry Grant in the wings waiting to be called upon.

Smith’s manager Stan Martin has previously said he and his client will make a decision by December 7, the return date for Storm player’s to attend pre-season.

The Dolphins reportedly offered the most lucrative deal to his client, after the new franchise signed Smith’s Storm teammate Felise Kaufusi for the 2023 season.

Junior

If they sign smith I reckon we try and get verrills

Another story on no facts.. only guessing as roosters have Been successful for awhile and have uncle nick.. don’t read into it

Smith talking on yktr podcast today about all the club's meetings he's had said ours was good they persuaded his mum with a big presentation and Tinos family influence, I get the feeling it's between us and roosters, and I worry that the influence of Robbo Politis and even mark bouris met with him. Also said he loves the idea of the challenge to build the club and said the titans want him to be a leader and the main man and that appeals to him. He has also signed with yktr sports so I think they're Sydney influence too will play a big part

https://youtu.be/SCW6JkY608Q
    Talks about us in the first 5 minutes

Tbh I’m worried about his new affiliation with YKTR because Isaac John is a roosters supporter and friends with Mark Bouris.

That is really promising to hear though and I think we often forget that just because our club is so tight lipped with recruitment dealings that fans and the media mistake that silence for irrelevance. I think it is the sign of a professional organisation carrying out their business with integrity and I love it

He says in the interview that he has made his mind up. He spoke glowingly about the Roosters and how great there presentation was and that he had a great time with everyone from there. I would think by what he said that he will sign with the Roosters. I hope I am wrong as it sounds like we won his mum over but unfortunately she can't play hooker.
    Psmitty