Page 47 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast

Just noticed proctor isn’t back training today and I do recall buzz put out an article last week saying how a club captain was being offered around? Could just be a coincidence but I also did notice the titans video they put out last week said tino is ready to lead his army or something maybe suggesting he will be captain this year? Just a stab in the dark could be wrong

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Just noticed proctor isn’t back training today and I do recall buzz put out an article last week saying how a club captain was being offered around? Could just be a coincidence but I also did notice the titans video they put out last week said tino is ready to lead his army or something maybe suggesting he will be captain this year? Just a stab in the dark could be wrong
    Buzz also said the Captain was also on high money which would discount Proctor. Likely either if Jackson, Hunt or Croker

Rep Player

Won't be Hunt. Hook loves him. Jackson is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Maybe hasn’t had the jab yet?

First Grader

Interesting that Smith’s mum didn’t attend the Dolphins today unlike at the Titans. Always a good sign ��

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Interesting that Smith’s mum didn’t attend the Dolphins today unlike at the Titans. Always a good sign ��
    Especially since it's reported that his parents live in Brisbane

Would 100k compensate living on the Peninsula? Hardly.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

We are up against it to sign Smith.
    The broncos are an enormous club with multiple premiership and enormous wealth
    The cowboys are where he used to live and he was coached by Payten
    The dolphins are starting out which has a special appeal. It would be great to be the first big signing and be spoken about forever. Plus Bennett.
    Storm enough said
    Roosters enough said
    If we do sign him and the numbers aren’t crazy like Fifita it will be a credit to Holbrook and the culture they are building

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    If we somehow land Brandon Smith, where would the recruitment drive post-Tino signing (very late 2019 technically 2020) rank in modern NRL history? Considering the ghastly contracts and roster we had two years ago? Can't remember anything like it, massive credit to everyone in the Front Office at the Titans.
    NZ I’m not sure where it would rank but geez it would be a impressive turn around in the roster. I’m still scratching my head how we got rid of Boyd but I’m happy about it. Our big signings are still developing as they are young. All the cheapies have gone great which has really helped our team.
    This year will be really important for me. If we can land a great hooker and our spine performs is huge. It’s easy to imagine it going either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    We are up against it to sign Smith.
    The broncos are an enormous club with multiple premiership and enormous wealth
    The cowboys are where he used to live and he was coached by Payten
    The dolphins are starting out which has a special appeal. It would be great to be the first big signing and be spoken about forever. Plus Bennett.
    Storm enough said
    Roosters enough said
    If we do sign him and the numbers aren’t crazy like Fifita it will be a credit to Holbrook and the culture they are building
    The broncos have come out saying they can't match any of the current offers, so I think it's unlikely with their salary cap, they've signed Reynolds and Capewell + upgraded some of their aspiring players.

Cowboys also sacked Smith in U20s then re-signed him from Qcup later on. I am not sure how close he is with Tod Payten, but you could arguably say if his parents are in Brissy, Nth Qld isn't the most convenient to pop in and see them compared to the other qld teams.

I think Dolphins could be the one to be wary of as he could be one of their poster boys, they're apparently offering the most $, they've got Wayne Bennett who players want to play for and they are close to Brissy. In saying that The Dolphins don't have a ready made roster so there is a major risk with any players signing there, like I would imagine you would want to play on a team you believe can push for finals and already have mates there.

That's where the Titans come in because we know he is already friends with Tino and Fifita which is a tick, we are still apparently the second biggest offer $, we are close to his parents at Brissy, we made the top 8 which really helps our case and we do have a team full of young talent which have a lot of potential.

The Roosters is a dark horse, it just depends if he wants to be in Sydney or Qld really, and how soon he expects to be a part of a premiership winning team, I also think they are not willing to offer as much (they do have some good up and coming 9s) and they just extended Manu.

I think its fair to say Titans and Dolphins are probably favourites to sign him, especially with Storm being based in qld during covid + parents in Brissy.

Cheese put up a story of him on facetime with Tino this morning, praying he was telling him the good news My biggest nightmare though is that Smith and Tino sign with the Dolphins together.

Rep Player

I’m certain we will match the Dolphins’ offer if the extra 50k/year is the sticking point

Rep Player

Yeah I think we would be in the boxseat outside of the storm (who seem resigned to losing him), and the roosters (although rumour is Manu has resigned so that means they can probably only offer him 1.8 million a year now). Dolphins obviously the dark horse but as said above I think we would go close to matching

Don’t know about the Dolphins … names aren’t jumping out to sign except the gold diggers and established stars are staying with their clubs … it won’t be easy for them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Don’t know about the Dolphins … names aren’t jumping out to sign except the gold diggers and established stars are staying with their clubs … it won’t be easy for them.
    The further past Nov 1 they go without a big name signing the more desperate they will become and possibly throw dumb money at someone IMO. Would be very happy to see Tino stitched up ASAP