Page 42 of 143 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

If we don’t get Smith I think it would be because he’s going to the Roosters. In that case we should chase Sam Verills, he isn’t on Smith’s level but has won a premiership at 9, and surely wouldn’t be too happy about being replaced

Apparently one of the clubs that has put in an offer for Smith has offered a million dollars a season. That's big money for him.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Apparently one of the clubs that has put in an offer for Smith has offered a million dollars a season. That's big money for him.
    Joining the dots would be that the $million is by the Titans

API Korisau seems to be on the outter at the panther maybe worth a look at as well but i do believe we will end up with Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    API Korisau seems to be on the outter at the panther maybe worth a look at as well but i do believe we will end up with Smith
    Hope not. Poor character and acted like an entitled child when forced to confront his wrongdoings from this year.

Corey Normans been up on the gold coast he's from here seen him hanging out with proctor and Wallace I'd take him on minimum wage as an experienced backup for aj

Rep Player

We already considered Norman before he signed with the Dragons and he didn't pass the sniff - sorry I mean character - test.

First Grader

Fox Sports

As of November 1, Smith and every other player that comes off contract at the end of 2022 are fair game to rival clubs.

The 25-year-old had been linked to the Bulldogs, Titans, Dolphins and Roosters with his managing telling Fox Sports last week that he’d send an email to every club on November 1 asking them to submit their best offer.

Martin confirmed to The Gold Coast Bulletin that the Titans were the first club to table an offer, followed by the Dolphins and Cowboys.

However he did not disclose who the fourth team was, but did say he hadn’t heard from the club he’s hoping to hear from.

“The Titans were the first team to reach out this morning, and the Dolphins weren’t far behind,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to four teams I thought would be interested, which is all of them except the one I’m after.

“Most clubs have been aware for quite a while (Smith) was going to market (on Monday) so most have made a decision on whether they want to go with Brandon or not.

“We’re not expecting anyone out of the woodwork that wasn’t originally interested from this point.”

Martin’s comments could indicate that Smith has a preference and it’s not the Titans, Dolphins or Cowboys.

The Kiwi Test star was reportedly tabled a three-year offer believed to be worth $2.2 million but that clearly wasn’t enough to convince him to re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Corey Normans been up on the gold coast he's from here seen him hanging out with proctor and Wallace I'd take him on minimum wage as an experienced backup for aj
    If you watched him play this year he was a net negative every time he touched the ball. We dont need him.

First Grader

I'd sacrifice a minimum wage off our salary cap just to not have him

Big no to Norman. That entire YKTR crew posing as business magnates for selling t-shirts and setting up facebook ads is one of the cringiest things I've ever seen

First Grader

Fox Sports

TITANS

Off-contract 2022: Aaron Booth, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (PO 2023), Herman Ese’ese, Shallin Fuller, Esan Marsters, Sam McIntyre, Kevin Proctor, Phillip Sami, Jarrod Wallace

Analysis: Queensland Origin star Tino Fa’asuamaleaui leads the Titans’ list of free agents. The good new though is that club has reportedly locked in the gun forward on a four-year extension to keep the Dolphins away. All that’s left to do is for the Titans to confirm the new deal. Phillip Sami and Jarrod Wallace are also interesting ones to keep an eye on. 24-year-old Sami found himself in and out of the Titans side in 2021 and needs a big off-season to convince Justin Holbrook he is in the club’s long-term plans. Wallace turns 32 in 2023, but is coming off a strong season that saw him score six tries in 25 games. Forward Herman Ese’ese was disappointing in his first season at the Titans managing just three games due to form, suspension and injury and is in danger of not being offered a new deal. Skipper Kevin Proctor is likely to retire after the 2022 season after signing a one-year extension earlier this y

NO NO NO NO NO to Norman no matter how much he pays us.

Tino obviously plus Fuller and McIntyre are keepers as is Wallace without extras ... Marsters, Booth, EseEse and Sami are wait and sees.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Fox Sports

TITANS

Off-contract 2022: Aaron Booth, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (PO 2023), Herman Ese’ese, Shallin Fuller, Esan Marsters, Sam McIntyre, Kevin Proctor, Phillip Sami, Jarrod Wallace

Analysis: Queensland Origin star Tino Fa’asuamaleaui leads the Titans’ list of free agents. The good new though is that club has reportedly locked in the gun forward on a four-year extension to keep the Dolphins away. All that’s left to do is for the Titans to confirm the new deal. Phillip Sami and Jarrod Wallace are also interesting ones to keep an eye on. 24-year-old Sami found himself in and out of the Titans side in 2021 and needs a big off-season to convince Justin Holbrook he is in the club’s long-term plans. Wallace turns 32 in 2023, but is coming off a strong season that saw him score six tries in 25 games. Forward Herman Ese’ese was disappointing in his first season at the Titans managing just three games due to form, suspension and injury and is in danger of not being offered a new deal. Skipper Kevin Proctor is likely to retire after the 2022 season after signing a one-year extension earlier this y
    Awesome news.

I think JWal is dealing with personal issues so this year will be interesting to watch if he is as distracted as the last time. If he is hanging around with Norman then that is possibly the worst thing he can do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Fox Sports

TITANS

I’m glad we have signed tino but 4 years on 800-850 is pretty risky. We are definitely paying for potential, not what he’s able to do right now. As others have said he seems like a good bloke and and loves the club.
    Big yes to Mcyntire. It’s weird that 3/4 of our spine is locked up but they are all so unproven. I really hope we get smith which will help unlock all these young forwards that we have.