Page 34 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

The NRL is too quick to throw away promising juniors who dont make it immediately, lets face it he is an undersized half thrown into first grade too early. He must show alot of promise in training, and must have a good head on his shoulders in terms of taking in advice and improving himself.

Also watching Qcup he looked better when thrown into hooker so maybe the coaches see him as a future hooker as we are currently experiencing a hooker shortage nationwide.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 22-10-21 at 02:22 PM.

Wildly premature but a minimum contract as some depth doesn't do much damage to the cap and future recruitment/retention I guess..

Easy to forget he has only just turned 21 so to say he's never going to be good enough to be consistent at NRL level isn't fair, but he's got a way to go and has a better chance as a 9/14 than a 6 or 7 IMO
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 22-10-21 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Tannah extended to 2024….utility role I guess.
    Gross. He should be getting a one year "prove it" extension at best. He's not looked anything like a first grader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Wildly premature but a minimum contract as some depth doesn't do much damage to the cap and future recruitment/retention I guess..

Easy to forget he has only just turned 21 so to say he's never going to be good enough to be consistent at NRL level isn't fair, but he's got a way to go and has a better chance as a 9/14 than a 6 or 7 IMO
    He's looked equally terrible in the halves and at hooker IMO. To be fair he was a year younger when he played hooker so maybe there is a microscopic chance he turns into a decent 9. He's not a NRL quality half though that's for sure.

not sure what the club sees in Tanah Boyd but ok. Had enough chances to prove himself during the year and failed, apparently played like a world-beater in Qcup before he choked in the biggest QCup game of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Gross. He should be getting a one year "prove it" extension at best. He's not looked anything like a first grader.

- - - Updated - - -

He's looked equally terrible in the halves and at hooker IMO. To be fair he was a year younger when he played hooker so maybe there is a microscopic chance he turns into a decent 9. He's not a NRL quality half though that's for sure.
    His improvement at dummy half in ISC is very noticeable but I agree it is hard to see him as an NRL half with us in the short term (with the stack of young halves we have coming through + AJ shifting)
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 22-10-21 at 02:52 PM.

Give him a full pre season at hooker and he'd be better then Clarke I think

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Give him a full pre season at hooker and he'd be better then Clarke I think
    You can't play hooker if you can't tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    not sure what the club sees in Tanah Boyd but ok. Had enough chances to prove himself during the year and failed, apparently played like a world-beater in Qcup before he choked in the biggest QCup game of his career.
    imagine if every club let go of 20 year olds who didn't prove ot be gun spine players in the NRL straight off the bat

- - - Updated - - -

You can't play hooker if you can't tackle.
    tell me you didn't watch him play cup this year without telling me you didn't watch him play cup this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    imagine if every club let go of 20 year olds who didn't prove ot be gun spine players in the NRL straight off the bat

- - - Updated - - -

tell me you didn't watch him play cup this year without telling me you didn't watch him play cup this year
    Lol I love it. One question though.

Did he learn to tackle in QCup?

Lol I love it. One question though.

Did he learn to tackle in QCup?

That's a 92.5% efficiency and some big tackle counts. You tell me?

I like Tannah. Rated him higher than Ash in any case.

Should have kept fogarty and re signed McIntyre. Not signing proctor and extending Boyd.

The blokes only 21 on a small contract what you all blowing up for, if we are a good club we will develop him to become a better player.

No problem keeping the faith with Boyd. A learning curve for sure but heading upwards from what I can see … do feel he’s a 9 though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don’t think that Boyd’s career is over at all. It’s more the fact that we have so many young halfs on the books already. I was hoping for better signings for 2023 and I see it more likely that Brimson or turner would be playing half by then. I hope he kicks on and he is a junior so it is good to persist with them.