Page 26 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Any inside news on how the negotiations with Tino are going?

First Grader

I thought Booth was ahead of smoothy but apparently booth got injured and smoothy took his spot and by the time booth was ready they had already used their development player slots so he couldn't be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I thought Booth was ahead of smoothy but apparently booth got injured and smoothy took his spot and by the time booth was ready they had already used their development player slots so he couldn't be used?
    My understanding too

Jamal Fogarty is a Raider.

The Gold Coast Titans co-captain has agreed to terms with Canberra to be their organising halfback for the next three years.

Both the Raiders and Titans management are in the process of announcing Fogarty’s formal release.

The NRL have ratified the three-year deal worth just over $1 million.

Despite being recognised as a leader of the Titans on and off the field, the former Australian Schoolboys halfback was likely to feel pressure from Gold Coast rising stars Toby Sexton, AJ Brimson and Tanah Boyd in 2022.

The Raiders were desperate to solve their playmaking options following the mid-season departure of George Williams.

Fogarty, 27, will partner star five-eighth Jack Wighton in the Raiders halves in 2022.

The Ingidenous All Stars playmaker confirmed his move to Canberra by agreeing to terms with the club on Friday.

I guess we will hear Monday if true. Double our contract for an extra years work seems like a no brainer and if sexton and weaver are the future we can’t kick Jamal back to cup, he deserves a chance to make a comeback

Best wishes to Jamal, he really was the start of anything good happening again for this club. Ever since his debut we started trying to win games again instead of just being belted for 80 minutes.

Deal of a lifetime for Jamal...more than double his contract here and I doubt he'd get close to that figure from most other clubs on the open market as well. Good on him (and his manager I guess) for capitalising on the Raiders when they were so much in need of a 7.

A top bloke and I wish him all the best and hope he goes well (just not against us )

Junior

is jack cullen a no 9 how old is he where does come from

Good luck to Fogarlii who can now join Josh in sprint training … glad he capitalized on his opportunity,
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by titansfanatic View Post
    is jack cullen a no 9 how old is he where does come from
    He’s an 18 year old prop from PBC who’s been with the Titans junior system for years and extended into the same system for next year with some NRL pre season training included. He’s not part of the full time first grade squad for 2022.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 09-10-21 at 02:30 PM.

At least we won't have to sit through the kick to the corner every set of six we have in attack.

Inactive User

I didn’t have Fogs in my 17 next season so if we can now get someone in our squad that could at the least be fringe 17 then we’ve grown.

Inactive User

Pretty disappointed in our teams Vaccination Numbers at this point.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Pretty disappointed in our teams Vaccination Numbers at this point.
    Please don't start that, sick of hearing about it.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Please don't start that, sick of hearing about it.
    It shouldn’t be a discussion point

Farewell Jamal and Peachey.

Jamal Fogarty to join Raiders on three-year deal
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

The Raiders secured halfback Jamal Fogarty from the Titans on a long-term deal. Now the ex-Titan opens up on leaving the club he loves.

Departing Gold Coast co-captain Jamal Fogarty says he has no bad blood with the Titans in the wake of his shock release to the Raiders.

As revealed by News Corp, Fogarty has played his last game for the Titans after being granted permission to join the Green Machine next season on a three-year deal worth $1.2 million.

It represents the most lucrative contract of Fogarty’s career, giving the 27-year-old the chance to not only set himself up for life, but bring direction to a Canberra outfit craving an organising playmaker.

The Titans held Fogarty in such high esteem he was handed the co-captaincy in pre-season, but the Gold Coast are ready to install young gun Toby Sexton as their No.1 halfback in 2022 after his slick NRL debut this year.

Keen to secure his long-term future, Fogarty was granted permission to negotiate with rival clubs by the Titans and while taken aback by the sudden transfer, he says he will leave Parkwood with no regrets.

“I was surprised about the whole situation and how quickly it has come about,” said Fogarty, speaking for the first time about his move to the nation’s capital.

“My manager (Tas Bartlett of PSM) was able to get it all sorted and he has been awesome throughout the process of it all.

“We just need to adjust sometimes in life.

“I was excited to be the seven (halfback) for the Titans, especially after playing finals.

“I had my one-on-one review with the coach (Justin Holbrook). We were both honest and open, but the club had different ideas for me in 2022.”

Since his debut in 2017, Fogarty amassed 41 games in two stints with the Titans and has blossomed into a handy NRL playmaker over the last 18 months.

“My time at the Titans has been a journey of all sorts,” he said.

“There’s been great times and there’s been hard times.

“I came here as a 17-year-old kid with no idea about life. I got a taste of NRL in 2017 with two games but then went back to the Intrust Super Cup at Burleigh and found a job I loved.

“The 2020 season was an awesome year for me personally.

“I put up a fight and trained hard to make my way back from Intrust Super Cup to the NRL and then to become co-captain was something I’ll forever be proud of.

“I’m grateful for my journey.”

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart sees Fogarty as a steady foil for five-eighth Jack Wighton and the Indigenous All Stars playmaker is backing himself to fire at the Raiders.

“I’m excited to be joining the Raiders and their roster,” he said.

“I want to bring some clarity and direction with communication and game-management. I’m also excited to take my kicking game to a new level under Ricky and his staff and build some good combinations with all the players down there as well.

“They are a quality side and have been for the past few years. Hopefully I can make a difference to the team and the club.”

Raiders fill playmaker gap

Jamal Fogarty is a Raider.

The Gold Coast Titans co-captain has agreed to terms with Canberra to be their organising halfback for the next three years.

Both the Raiders and Titans management are in the process of announcing Fogarty’s formal release.

The NRL have ratified the three-year deal worth just over $1 million.

Despite being recognised as a leader of the Titans on and off the field, the former Australian Schoolboys halfback was likely to feel pressure from Gold Coast rising stars Toby Sexton, AJ Brimson and Tanah Boyd in 2022.

The Raiders were desperate to solve their playmaking options following the mid-season departure of George Williams.

Fogarty, 27, will partner star five-eighth Jack Wighton in the Raiders halves in 2022.

The Ingidenous All Stars playmaker confirmed his move to Canberra by agreeing to terms with the club on Friday.

TIGERS MAKE A PEACH OF A RECRUITING MOVE

Tyrone Peachey is a Wests Tiger.

The Tigers have officially announced the signing of the utility to a two-year deal worth about $750,000.

Peachey returns to Sydney after spending the past three seasons at the Titans.

“I’m really excited to join the club and get stuck into work with Wests Tigers,” Peachey said.

“I’ve been really impressed by Madge and the way he approaches the game and I’m looking forward to working under him. I know that I perform my best when I’ve got a strong coach who can keep me accountable, and I’ve really enjoyed speaking with him lately.

“I’ve been through the process of seeing young players step up into the NRL and what needs to change for the club to be successful. It’s a good chance for me to not only help on the field but also give the young players some direction and help this team play finals footy.

Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire said Peachey would be a strong addition for the club.

“I’m really pleased to welcome Tyrone to our team and to have his experience and versatility as part of our club,” Maguire said.

“Tyrone is a real competitor in all that he does on and off the field, and he will add a lot to the way that we want to play moving forward.”

The 30-year-old also had interest from Parramatta but opted for the Tigers where he will join fellow recruits Jackson Hastings and Oliver Gildart.

Canterbury and Brisbane are the big winners from the graduating grand final class of 2021, adding much needed premiership experience to their rosters.

Penrith and South Sydney will pay for their success with their rosters already targeted by rival clubs as they prepare for their own premiership campaigns next season.

At least eight players from both clubs will begin next year at a new team while a host of other players remain off contract at the end of this season.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER