Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Anyone have an update on Treymain Spry?
    Back at Titans training, light duties. Still hasn’t received full clearance

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Back at Titans training, light duties. Still hasn’t received full clearance
    THat's pleasing to hear

Good on him for making it even this far.

Yea tremendous news. We'd all love to see him on the field soon.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Challenge Cup on right now. Watchin Dani Levi play and in hindsight we should of offered him a minimum wage contract or there abouts because atleast he can get his forwards onto the ball and path both ways. His service is alot better than what we currently receive.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 29-05-22 at 12:51 AM.

Looking at the Zero Tackle site it has our 2023 squad at 25 with Ese Ese, Proctor, Wallace, Issako and Masters not signed beyond this year. I feel that that number could come down to 23 or 24 as we know that at the end of the season it gets crazy with contracts.

Also I'm going to look into it however I think we can now use development contract players and ours are Weaver, Francis, Booth and Fuller..Just wonder if its now a good chance to blood these guys or use Jojo / Lofi and give Paul Turner a run.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

I’m pretty sure Smith has a mutual option for next year also. I’d be interested to know what everyone thoughts are for the 5 spots we have also. I’d look to resigning Wallace for the right price. Outside of that I’d suggest a ball playing middle, hooker and centre are a priority.

Matterson still hasn’t been signed (unless the Dolphins just haven’t released the signing yet), he would be my first target.

Sam Verrills apparently wants out of the Chooks at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Sam Verrills apparently wants out of the Chooks at seasons end.
    Way too injury prone for my liking. Played only half of last year and 4 games so far this year.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 29-05-22 at 06:53 PM.

First Grader

Verrills is also a no from me.

Still worth a shot over persisting with Clarke and Boyd

anybody got access to this article
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...bf698faab2d38e
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post

Titans dynamo pledges long term allegiance after star recruitment

Even as the impending arrival of an international five-eighth shapes to reshuffle the Titans spine, fullback Jayden Campbell has pledged his allegiance to the Gold Coast long-term.

New Zealand star Kieran Foran has put pen to paper on a two-year deal on the Glitter Strip from 2023, in a bid to ease the pressure on young halfback Toby Sexton.

In the meantime Queensland representative AJ Brimson has moved from fullback into the number six jumper, but how the current playmaking trio coincide with Foran remains to be seen.

The Titans allowed veteran number seven Jamal Fogarty to leave the club and sign with the Canberra Raiders, envisioning their youth in Campbell, Brimson and Toby Sexton would propel them into back-to-back finals appearances for the first time since 2010.

However prior to their desperate golden point win over the Dragons last week the Gold Coast had lacked the game management and composure to close out tight contests — and they languished with a 2-7 record as a result.

Thus far the side’s first choice one, six and seven have triumphed on the two occasions they have taken the field together.

And Campbell, already contracted until the end of 2024, said Foran’s recruitment had not deterred him from wanting to remain a one-club man.

“I’m not too sure yet (how Foran fits in), but it’s healthy competition so whatever way it works as long as it’s best for the team I’m happy,” Campbell said.

“Growing up I was always a one club person, so I’d like to continue that into my NRL career. “I love it up here, Gold Coast has been good to me and my family so hopefully I can give back to them.

“I’ll play wherever the team needs me; growing up I was fullback, five-eighth, I played on the wing a little bit as well so wherever the team needs me I’m happy.”

Campbell made his comeback from a rib cartilage injury in the Titans 20-16 win over St. George-Illawarra, his first NRL appearance since going down in round three.

The 22-year-old was talismanic from the get go, constantly posing a threat with the ball and taking the pressure off his halves with 240m from 20 runs and 13 tackle busts.

He even took over the mantle of second-string kicker, with Brimson not needed with the boot and instead able to mastermind the off the cuff brilliance that earned him a Maroons debut.

Campbell said he had cast aside the pain felt in his ribs and was playing unhindered by the setback, however a minor niggle would remain for the foreseeable future.

He said witnessing the angst each loss had caused his teammates piled up the pressure in his mind to come out and make an impact, however his coach’s words kept him focused on the bigger picture.

“During the week I was talking to Justin and he wanted me just to simplify my game. I’d put a lot of pressure on myself, and he just said go out there, play footy and do what you normally do and love,” Campbell said.

“It’s not so much frustration from the losses, it’s sitting on the sidelines and watching the boys go through those games and how upset they get after the games.

“How frustrated they are made me want to go out there, put my best foot forward and try to do the best I can to help the boys win.

“Me, AJ and Toby take a lot of pressure off each other. We’re all natural footy players so it helps all three of us out there and takes pressure off each other.”

Jayden Berrell is someone I hope the club is having a close look at for next year currently stuck behind Brailey at Cronulla he’s absolutely killing it in NSW Cup after being the 2021 QCup player of the year he has played 6 games for four tries, 9 try assists and 92% tackle efficiency he’s far to good to not be playing NRL and he would easily be best hooker at Titans.

Banned

Mitch Rein just got resigned to the Eels

Good on him
    Playing out of his skin

Wish we had Rein