Page 54 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    $3.3mill over 4 years is just about right I reckon. I couldn't be happier about this news.
    C’mon 101 please don’t spoil your reputation poor ole Bodsie must be shaking with the trauma of his self-imposed hiatus … pre-season just got a whole lot duller and we will have to start picking on our own players …. Hmmm let’s see, should it be Sami or Clarke … no wait a minute, I’ll get it in a minute …….
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Tino committing is huge for the club and I think a bit of a line in the sand moment. Stoked. Well done to Justin, and all the staff who are clearly doing something right with the culture to instal genuine confidence in our players to want to bring success to the club.

TITANS CEO REVEALS BATTLE FOR FA'ASUAMALEAUI'S SIGNATURE WAS “CONSIDERABLE”
    https://www.sen.com.au/

Gold Coast Titans CEO Steve Mitchell is ecstatic that star forward Tino Fa'asuamaleaui has committed his future to the club.

It was revealed on Monday that the star 21-year-old had inked an extension until the end of the 2026 season, turning down considerable interest from the Dolphins.

While he eventually knocked back the offer from the NRL’s newest franchise, Mitchell says that the battle to keep him at Cbus Super Stadium was “considerable”.

“We’re super excited to have Tino here long term, and what we can build around him and with him,” Mitchell said on SEN’s Pat and Heals.

“I think (the battle for his signature) was considerable on Tino’s part.

“The type of person he is, as a 21-year-old you’ve got this phenomenal athlete who’s going to develop into anything, really. If you look at the way he plays, his application and his leadership.

“But away from that he’s a very well considered man, he thinks through things, he asks questions, he absorbs things a lot and it was always going to be part and parcel with Tino, walking him through the process and showing what we can do going forward.

“We’re confident that we have a really good coach and a wonderful culture in that department.

“To Tino’s credit … it was a decision he had to pay due respect to,

“He went through that and we ended up in the right place. But it’s respect for Tino the way he did it, it was really considered.”

Mitchell says the securing of the forward will help the Titans plan for lofty future success.

“I did a cartwheel when I got out of bed,” Mitchell said.

“What he means to our squad going forward with him and around him, we published a plan that wanted success for the Gold Coast, and that means premierships.

“We needed players of his calibre to take us there, and having him moving forward for the playing group, our support staff … that’s a huge endorsement for the organisation.

“Beyond what he adds athletically, it’s a confidence mover going forward. It’s a significant one.”

Fa'asuamaleaui has played 49 NRL games since making his debut with the Melbourne Storm in 2019.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I feel that it is a real turning point for our club. For the players, fans and organisation. But also for future players. There was a lot to gain or lose hinging on which club he chose. I'm sure Wayne was very convincing, as are the Dolphins facilities.

One thing Tino said really hit home for me.

The reason I stayed is the same reason I signed ... I want to work the hardest I can to build this club up and bring the first trophy to the Titans,” Fa’asuamaleaui said.

I want what everyone else wants at the Gold Coast - success and a premiership.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Brandon Smith was playing golf in Sydney with JWH, Jake Friend and Aubusson today. Think we can write off him coming here

He has friends all over the place.. I ain’t getting my hopes up.. I don’t think he will come here.. uncle nick will throw some secret incentives in to get him over the line

Fainu played 34 NRL games before the incident and has two brothers at the club.

Despite having not played in three years, The Daily Telegraph reports several clubs are keen on Fainu should he be found not guilty.

The Cowboys Titans, Warriors, Roosters and Bulldogs are all on the lookout for a quality hooker

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he has a train and trial deal with sea eagles, I know we have a no ********s policy but what if he is found not guilty? Does that change everything?

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Fainu played 34 NRL games before the incident and has two brothers at the club.

Despite having not played in three years, The Daily Telegraph reports several clubs are keen on Fainu should he be found not guilty.

The Cowboys Titans, Warriors, Roosters and Bulldogs are all on the lookout for a quality hooker

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he has a train and trial deal with sea eagles, I know we have a no ********s policy but what if he is found not guilty? Does that change everything?
    Doubt Manly lose him, they’ve kept paying him through this entire saga and have signed both of his younger brothers

Agree with you HS, they've been very good to him through this whole process. It is undeniable though he is a great talent (at least a few years back)

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Agree with you HS, they've been very good to him through this whole process. It is undeniable though he is a great talent (at least a few years back)
    Yeah mate he can certainly play

Yep, it’s a bull**** article as they have kept paying him and his whole family play for the club. This kid is so good that they got rid of korisau, a top 5 hooker, to keep a rookie.

Mahoney to Dogs looks confirmed. Apparently didn't want to leave Sydney - has already rejected the Dolphins on that basis

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Mahoney to Dogs looks confirmed. Apparently didn't want to leave Sydney - has already rejected the Dolphins on that basis
    Huge signing for the Dogs, well done to them, rumoured 4 years for $2.4. Bargain price. Eels cap must be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Huge signing for the Dogs, well done to them, rumoured 4 years for $2.4. Bargain price. Eels cap must be a mess.
    Yeah excellent pickup for them. I haven't been overly impressed with their general strategy of sign-every-good-player-available-for-overs, it's not how you rebuild a club for the long-term. But Mahoney at that price is a good buy if he stays healthy.

Eels look to be in a shambles hey

Anyone else read that the Cowboys were willing to trade Reece Robson for Luci Leilua? Think it was in the DT.

Wonder if they’re still interested in Herman?