Page 35 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast
    First Grader

I am not sure what the negative about his defence is. He had one shocker in NRL but apart from that he was pretty good at hitting and sticking.

As a young player he has been moved around a lot resulting in never been able to settle in the one position. For a low wage I think it was a good move and does align with the Titans local recruitment strategy

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    The blokes only 21 on a small contract what you all blowing up for, if we are a good club we will develop him to become a better player.
    I think it’s more the fact we already had him signed for 2 more years so why make it 3? I don’t really understand this one.

Just for my own peace of mind, how long is Sam McIntyre (of the forward variety) signed for?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Until the end of 2022 mate

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just for my own peace of mind, how long is Sam McIntyre (of the forward variety) signed for?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think it’s more the fact we already had him signed for 2 more years so why make it 3? I don’t really understand this one.
    Strategy to guard against the new club up the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

That's a 92.5% efficiency and some big tackle counts. You tell me?
    Thanks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him. And I know he's close friends with Fifita - suppose it can't hurt to keep the boys together.

19 year old Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui will do pre-season with the NRL boys in the coming weeks, will go back to Burleigh for 2022, and has signed on with the Titans on a full-time Development contract for 2023. Been really impressed with what I've seen from him this year.

Iszac committing to the Titans from 2023 provides the opportunity for him and Tino to play NRL together and by the sounds of things they're pretty keen on that:

“Words can’t explain how good that would feel (to share the field with Iszac),” Fa’asuamaleaui said.

“We’ve pictured that since we were three years old playing touch footy together. Hopefully that does come true soon, it would be amazing and seeing mum and dad together after the game will be even better.

“I think Iszac is our future at the club.”

Iszac, a promising prop at 191 cm and 113kg and aged 19, is working in the Titans office as a trainee community and game development officer but hopes to join his big brother on the field soon.

“I 100 per cent hope my career will be with the Titans and I 100 per cent hope Tino and I can stay together at the Titans,” he said.

“We’ve spoken about the Titans and we just want to win a premiership here with the boys. I don’t think he is thinking about leaving, that’s all outside stuff.

“If I could have the opportunity to play in a grand final here with Tino that would be one of the best feelings.”

The pair have trained together extensively this off-season.

They have together vowed to lead the Titans from the front during formal fitness sessions."

Taken from: https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...455c3a5f60bb91

Like that last line also in the article, show commitment from both and Tino has to be a contender for the captain

Inactive User

AJ Brimson is GC

Will be brimmo and Tino co captain's surely maybe mo deserves a mention too but Tino seems the more natural leader

I seem to be in the minority but happy to see Tanah Boyd extended. Has the skills to develop into a quality player and by all reports is a fine young man,

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I seem to be in the minority but happy to see Tanah Boyd extended. Has the skills to develop into a quality player and by all reports is a fine young man,
    And being a good mate of Fifita helps

Some of the highlights from Shallin Fuller's 2021 season

First Grader

GC Bulletin

Titans to formally discuss pulling out of race for Brandon Smith

The Gold Coast Titans will formally discuss pulling out of the race for off-contract Dally M hooker of the year Brandon Smith after an alleged off-season cocaine scandal.

The release of million-dollar playmaker Ash Taylor had given the Titans a war chest to outbid the Melbourne Storm’s initial offer, in excess of $800,000 per season, to keep the New Zealand test rake in purple past 2022.

That was before footage leaked of Smith partying with other Melbourne players with a white powder believed to be an illicit substance after the NRL grand final.

Titans chief executive Steve Mitchell said the club’s recruitment and retention committee had not yet met to review the incident, which saw Smith handed a one-game ban, a $50,000 suspended fine and axing from the Storm’s leadership group.

The committee led by culture chief Mal Meninga, recruitment manager Ezra Howe and head coach Justin Holbrook will debate whether Smith fits the Titans culture before negotiations can begin on November 1.

“It will be interesting to see where they finish,” Mitchell said.

“The culture that we’re building, the expectation is built on a value set and a purpose of making our community proud.

“Your behaviour and the way you perform on the field will engender that but that also has an obligation on how you act as a whole part off the field, your pushback in the community and the way you behave.

“If you go through the criteria and think what is the behavioural pattern here (with Smith)? What are the characteristics we’re trying to achieve? Then as a group of seven we go through that conversation and come out the other end with the right decision.

“That will be their decision to make.”

Mitchell said Smith’s values, work ethic and background would educate the decision to pursue the reigning NRL hooker of the year for 2023.

“It’s about putting together a really good collective of people first and then elite athletes,” Mitchell said.

“They’ve got to have a shared set of values and an understanding of what we’re doing together.

“The coaching staff live it, we live it as an administrative team.

“We do our best to deliver that and we hope our young men do the same.”

The Titans will add more recruits over the pre-season.

Inactive User

Unlike Reece Waḻsh who owned his mistake the woeful effort by Smith where he says he couldn’t remember anything and doesn’t know what the power was shows to me that he’s not what I want in the club, living here and being a supposed role model.

Next.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 24-10-21 at 04:28 PM.