Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    And I think that's great. They will have an axe to grind with us.

Our juniors are going to be more important than ever and it's fortunate timing that things are beginning to click.
    Yeah i just dont like how their 'fans' are mocking the Titans as a launch project gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Yeah i just dont like how their 'fans' are mocking the Titans as a launch project gone wrong.
    It’s taken the current owners a long time and a lot of their hard-earned to fight back from the edge of failure so let the haters hate and the rivalry take root.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

EELS STAR LINKED WITH SHOCK BRONCOS MOVE

Eels hooker Reed Mahoney has been linked with the Brisbane Broncos in a four-way tug of war for his services.

Mahoney is off-contract in 2022 and is free to negotiate with rivals as of November 1 and is gaining heavy interest from three Queensland clubs.

The Daily Telegraph’s Michael Carayannis reported Mahoney will have his choice between potentially three rival suitors, including the Broncos.

“He (Mahoney) has emerged as the hottest prospect at the Eels,” Carayannis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“They’ve got a stack of players off-contract (at the end of 2022) and they’re not going to be able to keep able of them, there’s no doubt about that.

“Reed’s already met with the Broncos, that’s interesting, he would’ve played for Queensland this year (barring injury).

“The Dolphins are keen on him as well, the Titans have had informal interest.

“Three of the four Queensland clubs have an interest in Reed for 2023 so I dare say this is his last season at the Eels.”

The 23-year-old has scored 11 tries in 73 games for the Eels since his debut in 2018 and was picked in the Maroons Origin squad in 2021.

The Eels also have to retian Clint Gutherson, Isaiah Papali’i, Ryan Matterson and Marata Niukore who are all coming off-contract in 2022.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c3222b55f3d219

Looks like we have some interest in him.
    Psmitty

Doesn't he have shoulder issues? Grant>Smith>Mahoney for me, but any would be a bonus for the following year.

Rep Player

That's my order too, JB, but if we can't nab one of them I'd be looking to raid the Sharks' hooking stocks. Cameron McInnes and Blayke Brailey in the squad, the latter of which is off contract end of 2022. The talk is that McInnes will play lock but that doesn't make any sense to me given he's a top class hooker during a hooker drought.
    Last edited by willhelm; 19-10-21 at 08:58 AM.

Every player no matter their status will be linked to the Fins and if they vaguely qualify as a 9 then us too. It’s going to be a longggggg off season.

For me: Smith/Grant/Simpkins/Starling/McInnis/Mahoney/Brailey plus Wynnum’s 9 on a train and trial.
    Last edited by Titanic; 19-10-21 at 04:34 PM.

I'm not sold on Mahoney either, I think he is a great hooker but the amount of shoulder injuries he's had at his age and playing that position week after week, it's a ticking time bomb.

I agree with JB:
    Grant > Smith > Mahoney

But also agree with willhelm that trying to pick up McIness with Sharks having Finuacane and Brailey, might be a shrewd signing. He was also a captain of St George, is a clean skin, shows leadership qualities for our young squad.

But beggers can't be choosers at the end of the day I would take Grant, Smith, Mahoney, McInnes, Brailey because we are desperate.

Major club announcement scheduled for 8am

Guessing it is a new jersey or maybe a new logo? Will be interesting to see

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Major club announcement scheduled for 8am

Guessing it is a new jersey or maybe a new logo? Will be interesting to see
    Dead on. That logo looks shocking

I would've been happier with no logo change but I kinda like the minimalistic logo, fits in nicely in the yellow bar in our jerseys, glad I didn't buy this year's Jersey now will have to get this new one now

Tino's manager Simon Mammino staying true to form and pumping his value up in the media

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NRL news: Gold Coast Titans star Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a perfect target for Dolphins
    The Titans face a fight to keep Tino Fa’asuamaleaui after the star forward confirmed he will test his value on the open market — and he already has a link to the Dolphins.

Badel & Meyn (surprise!)

The Gold Coast Titans face a fight to retain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, with the Queensland Origin star to test his value on the open market and consider a move to the Dolphins.

Fa’asuamaleaui will field interest from rival clubs from November 1 after his manager revealed a move to the NRL’s Redcliffe-based expansion franchise from 2023 was appealing.

Fa’asuamaleaui, 21, has an option in his favour to remain at the Titans in 2023, but he is set to become one of the NRL’s hottest free agents.

At the top of the list of clubs eyeing off Fa’asuamaleaui is the Dolphins.

Fa’asuamaleaui hails from Gympie, a two-hour drive from Redcliffe, and would be an excellent acquisition for the NRL’s 17th club.

The hard-hitting forward thrived under incoming Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett in the 2020 State of Origin series.

Fa’asuamaleaui was scheduled to meet with his manager Simon Mammino on Wednesday, who said his client had a big decision to make.

“I will catch up with Tino to sit down and talk about his future,” Mammino said.

“It’s a difficult decision. It would be hard for Tino to leave the Titans as they have the nucleus of a good squad and Tino is a very loyal bloke.

“The Titans are keen to sit down and talk about extending him but we haven’t done that formally at this stage.

“Where it leads to we don’t know. He does like the Titans and working with Justin (Holbrook, coach), so it would be hard for him to leave.

“If he was to move he would look at a second Brisbane club because he is from Gympie and has family close to Redcliffe.

“Wayne Bennett being there is a big factor, he loved being coached by Wayne in Origin, they developed a great relationship.”

A clean skin, hard trainer and dedicated player, Fa’asuamaleaui would be the ideal signing for an expansion team. Fa’asuamaleaui admitted he enjoyed playing under Bennett but he hadn’t given his future much thought.

“It was good, Wayne gave me the confidence to go out and play lock and play for Queensland,” he said.

“I did all right and we got the job done. It was good working with him. I haven’t thought too far ahead to be honest. I’ve just been enjoying my off-season and relaxing.

“It’s good that Redcliffe have come into the game. It’s exciting for that area of Queensland so more players can come through.

“It is closer (to home) but I haven’t thought much about it.”

With co-captain Jamal Fogarty released to Canberra, Fa’asuamaleaui is in the mix to take on a formal leadership role at the Titans next season.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell said it was up to the club to create an environment that Fa’asuamaleaui didn’t want to leave.

“There is an appealing coach (Bennett) at the helm (of the Dolphins) and you can’t understate that,” he said. “The ability to be able to keep your player group is about the environment that you build and culture.

“You’ve got to have them in a position where they believe they can achieve all they can in that environment and the relationship with the coaching staff is vital.

“With Justin Holbrook at the helm, he is a coach that clearly builds relationships with his players. He will circumvent us losing a lot of players moving north.

“Ultimately it’s about us getting work and controlling what we can. It’s about the quality of program and how we deliver it. We’ve got to make sure our programs are the best and Tino has an opportunity to become everything he can as a player.

“We need to put him in an environment where he’s supported. He comes from a wonderful family and we need to make sure they’re supported. (His brother) Iszac is in the office and works with us.

“These guys are elite athletes that want to win premierships and be the best they can be. In this game that’s winning premierships so we’ve got to give them an environment to do that.”
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 20-10-21 at 04:19 PM.

First Grader

I read some weeks back that the Titans were about to enter negotiations with Tino to have him tied up longer term before 1 Nov.

I am only typing because I feel like I need to vent but wtf in this day and age the only things that you can count on are that Bennett is a crock and player managers belong on another planet, hopefully a very hot one.

Rep Player

Wow a negative Titans article from Peter I’ve got a broncos taint tattoo Badel. I think Tino extends with us