Page 30 of 143 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Will Smith?
    Thought the same a couple of weeks ago …. Now not sure.

If Josh H goes to Tigers we should see if young Simpkins is available??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

He’s contracted to 2024 so I’m not sure he would be very available mate. Good young player though

- - - Updated - - -

Will Smith is one I was hoping wouldn’t eventuate but the alternative (and younger) utility option the club was considering is contracted elsewhere for 2022 so would need a release, despite not playing much first grade

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

I'd go after Simpkins too but also wouldn't mind Liddle he's better then booth and Clarke but injury prone they won't be able to keep em all long term

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Hopefully the Dolphins take an interest in our QLD state of origin winger when he’s off contract in 2023
    I saw his name pop up in one of the many articles about "Who the Dolphins should target". I hope if they get one name right it's that one.

Liddle, Will Smith, Booth, Erin
    Clark and Simpkins are not going to get the job done at 9. I hope we can find someone better than that. We should have some cap space but obviously there's not much available at this point.

Other than the scoot from dummy half and lucky try here and there, I really don't rate Liddle. His defence sucks and he gets gassed very easily. He is no better than Rein.

Inactive User

Will Smith is a Titan. Hmmmm.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...qKBpt9tIBfaXZ4

The Gold Coast Titans have added experience and versatility to their 2022 squad, with Will Smith to join the Club for pre-season.

The former Parramatta and Penrith player will join the Titans on a two-year deal.

Smith has 75 career games to his name and played 17 times for the Eels in 2021.

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says Smith will be a valuable addition to his squad.

“Will is an exciting player that has shown what he can do at NRL level,” Holbrook said.

“He has the talent to cover a number of spots and has shown through his career that he can slot in almost anywhere on-field.

“Will was a big part of the Eels push into finals this year and we’re excited that he will being his skills and experience into our squad for 2022.”

A tackle efficiency of over 92% in a team that copped some floggings is not the stat of a defender who sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Will Smith is a Titan. Hmmmm.
    What are people's thoughts? I haven't followed him much.
    Psmitty

I personally don't mind the Will Smith signing, cheap acquisition, can cover 9,6,7 for injury or bench, does compete on every play, not going to set the world on fire but low risk without breaking the bank

Pretty much one of the only players available that can cover6 7 9. Had his best season by far last year. Also Parramatta fans are upset so that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I personally don't mind the Will Smith signing, cheap acquisition, can cover 9,6,7 for injury or bench, does compete on every play, not going to set the world on fire but low risk without breaking the bank
    He has also played a number of games at 1, which will be very handy for Campbell/Brimson cover.

Banned

I thought Garth Brennan was coach again after signing a former panther

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Pretty much one of the only players available that can cover6 7 9. Had his best season by far last year. Also Parramatta fans are upset so that's a good sign.
    Yeah they're spewing. Didn't expect to see that.

I wasn't really inspired by this one initially but the comments are right - a low-end contract that brings experience and can cover 6/7/9/1 is hard to be too mad at