Page 17 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He was ok mate, they missed Joe Vuna a bit on that right edge but ended up getting a good win

Toby Sexton was MOTM, and by a fair stretch
    Good to hear that about Sexton. Will put him in good stead for next year

A little more info about a possibly Fogarty and Hodgson swap on Triple M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQfkZ546T78
    Psmitty

First Grader

If we have a spine of Campbell brimmo and sexton I think its imperative we get an experienced hooker.

My only concern is if sexton goes down who plays HB? Could Hodgson play half and then run Clarke and booth as hookers?

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    If we have a spine of Campbell brimmo and sexton I think its imperative we get an experienced hooker.

My only concern is if sexton goes down who plays HB? Could Hodgson play half and then run Clarke and booth as hookers?
    That would be the definition of robbing Peter to play Paul. We still have Boyd who will continue to improve.

I wonder if we would have let Taylor go if we knew that Jamal was going to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    That would be the definition of robbing Peter to play Paul. We still have Boyd who will continue to improve.

I wonder if we would have let Taylor go if we knew that Jamal was going to leave.
    I think they way ash sudden disappeared out of the team for Peachey in the most important games of the season shows something went down behind the scenes and as much as I kept wishing every week would be the week ash delivers I think there's no way he could've re signed best for both parties to change

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    A little more info about a possibly Fogarty and Hodgson swap on Triple M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQfkZ546T78
    Starts at the 3:39 mark

How's Brent wolf go? From the limited time ive seen him seems more of a natural hooker then say clarke

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    How's Brent wolf go? From the limited time ive seen him seems more of a natural hooker then say clarke
    He’s good at cup level, did pre season with NRL

Clark cops it a bit on here (and fair enough) but he’s more dominant at Qcup level than any other hookers in that comp. Shows the big step up required to be an NRL quality hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He’s good at cup level, did pre season with NRL

Clark cops it a bit on here (and fair enough) but he’s more dominant at Qcup level than any other hookers in that comp. Shows the big step up required to be an NRL quality hooker
    Yea I don't hate Clark but I don't think we're gonna go far in the finals with him at 9, I reckon he's abit like Fogarty, I'm just hoping some gold coast Harry grant type player comes out of nowhere from our feeder clubs and saves us haha

Just watched the highlights of the Seagulls game, jeez didn't Sexton have a game. Even iced it with a field goal at the end...which I don't think I saw Jamal do all year?

Inactive User

Early betting markets have us improving by one spot from 8th to 7th next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Early betting markets have us improving by one spot from 8th to 7th next season.
    With basically the same squad and improved performances, I’d take that as part of the 5 year plan.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think hodgson would be a good swap. Mainly because he knows how to run a forward pack. Imagine him running mo, fifita and tino off him. Plus he has a good kicking game and can teach booth, Clarke etc how to direct the boys around and pick your moment. I'd only take hi. For a year to see how he performs. On fogarty, he's a good organiser and a good club man. That's it. Very predictable and despite two years with us hasn't really created solid combinations with the back rowers or centres. I honestly like this idea.

WE would have to offer Hodgson a 2 year deal for him to be enticed. which means we may not be able to offer Brandon Smith or Harry Grant a deal. Also the game is going away from hookers having an impact and back to them being pass and tackle bots that just lead the team around. The impact has gone back to a flat fast first receiver. We still need someone smart enough at 9 to dictate who gets the ball when.

I’m a bit of a Tanah Boyd fan for 9.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.