Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2136

@BT ... I would take P. Haas in an instant and why look further than a winning Sammy Mac. All jokes aside, I think Tannah deserves that 14 spot with Clarke as depth and if Verrills goes down at some stage then we need to be looking at out internal depth. My only issue really is goal kicker. Without Wallace, Boyd, Sexton or Herbert starting who is in line for that critical role?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    This is my team for next year being realistic:
    1. Campbell
    2. Marzhew
    3. Fifita
    4. Brimson
    5. Sami
    6. Foran
    7. Sexton
    8. Joliffe
    9. Verrills
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Fermor
    13. Liu
    14. Clarke
    15. Ese Ese
    16. Fotuaika
    17. Haas
    You have both Sexton and Clark ahead of Boyd?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Question.... Would Payne Haas take slightly over what he gets now to come to us and play with his brother?? With the salary cap increase we could (in an ideal world ) use that money to fund the contract. Also nice touch that Payne was present when Klese got his jersey.

Also with Verrills being a 80 minute player and Booth looking like being due back round 20 -22 ,2023 who do we look for ??
    Ever since the game where he got booed at Suncorp, I've had a hunch that we end up with Payne Haas somehow. You don't recover from your home crowd hating you like that. Normally for a player of his calibre but questionable integrity, I would assume the Roosters would get him on a cheap contract supported by a dodgy third party deal. However, the Roosters have no need for him after signing Lodge to partner JWH. The Titans have the hometown connection and offer the opportunity to play with his brother. For such a family-focused person, that has to be worth a couple hundred grand in itself. Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it and he's a right see-you-in-the-NT and signs with whoever will offer him the million.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    You have both Sexton and Clark ahead of Boyd?
    Yeah I think everyone forgets how young sexton i. Give him another pre season with a genuine half in Foran and he will recover mate. He’s also a goal kicker and general play kicker so he’s an obvious pick. And with Clarke on the bench it would be in the lock position and the odd 10 minutes at hooker if needed. Verrills did play 80 the other night so we will see.

Brett White to join Titans coaching staff in '23

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Wed 31 Aug 2022, 06:29 AM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    Former Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders forward Brett White will join the Gold Coast Titans coaching staff for the 2023 season.

White, who represented both New South Wales and Australia in a distinguished playing career, is currently an assistant coach at the Canberra Raiders.

Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook says he’s excited to work with White over the pre-season as the club looks to build into 2023.

“We are all thrilled that Brett will be joining us at the Titans,” Holbrook said.

“Brett is outstanding tactically and is a coach who has hard and tough standards of defence.

“He’s learnt his craft under coaches like Craig Bellamy and Ricky Stuart and he is someone who will put a focus on hard work and effort.

“When our search began for this role, we quickly identified Brett as the person that we wanted to join our staff and we’re thrilled that he’s chosen to join us at the Titans.”

White played 196 career games (127 with Melbourne and 69 with Canberra) and has been working with the Raiders in a coaching capacity since retiring from the NRL in 2014.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Well at least it's not Shannon Boyd

Banned

Rugby Union have made enquiries on Corey Thompson

Mitch Rein too I heard. The enquiries were very brief

Looking forward to having verrills with us next year. Great service from dummy half this evening.

Junior

Are we one of the clubs in for Brodie Croft?? Experienced, young and would be cheap

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Gary E View Post
    Looking forward to having verrills with us next year. Great service from dummy half this evening.
    If he stays injury free I reckon he’ll be the buy of the season next year. His service would be up there with Grants as the best in the league. His deception to engage the markers is also very good

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Are we one of the clubs in for Brodie Croft?? Experienced, young and would be cheap
    Now there's an interesting thought

Junior

https://youtu.be/rpNyklRJGU8

Highlights from Salford vs Castleford a few days ago

Banned

Not interested in Brodie Croft
    After we upgrade Corey Thompson's contract we won't have enough for Croft

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Not interested in Brodie Croft
    After we upgrade Corey Thompson's contract we won't have enough for Croft
    My thoughts exactly