Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Smith and Munster didn’t admit to what it was so they don’t get charged by the police.
    Reece Walsh was asked to move on by police but refused and then was caught from them with cocaine. Reece wasn’t able to lie as the police had it and was defiant to police for not following directions.
    I would say that Munster and smith tried to have theirs in a hotel rather then walking around with it.
    I personally find not following police direction whilst carrying drugs to be more worrying. What sort of character doesn’t listen to police and also kind of dumb. I also don’t see much wrong with players having some drugs and enjoying themselves.

Doesn’t anybody else find this dialogue just a tad hypocritical in light of our current co-captain’s antics? I don’t want to get into any sort of debate about the rights and wrongs of Proctor’s actions but let’s not suddenly get stupendously precious when we need a goddamned world-class 9.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't like our chances of getting any of the three we are linked to. If we pull the pin on Smith then we are left with Mahoney who is being chased hard by a number of clubs which will also push his price up. I also read this week that the Storm had an option for 2023 to extend Harry Grant and have told him they will be taking it up. So basically Grant is out of the picture. So in the end we could end up with nobody in the position we need someone the most.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    Smith and Munster didn’t admit to what it was so they don’t get charged by the police.
    Reece Walsh was asked to move on by police but refused and then was caught from them with cocaine. Reece wasn’t able to lie as the police had it and was defiant to police for not following directions.
    I would say that Munster and smith tried to have theirs in a hotel rather then walking around with it.
    I personally find not following police direction whilst carrying drugs to be more worrying. What sort of character doesn’t listen to police and also kind of dumb. I also don’t see much wrong with players having some drugs and enjoying themselves.
    100% spot on, also when we have Erin Clarke and Aaron booth at 9 we desperately need a top tier hooker to guide our young spine and pack around

I reckon we are still red-hot with chasing Smith. Of course our CEO can't come out and say that we don't care about his indiscretion and it won't have any impact on our recruitment position.

The way it was handled was ugly, but even the Storm management themselves pushed the same line (lol) that they "didn't know" what the substance was for the exact reason mentioned above.

Fact is that so long as Grant as there, they'll keep telling Smith he's a 13 and he doesn't want to play there. They can't carry two rotating 9's on decent dollars. He's fair game.

Same the guy seems like trouble and we don't have the history of getting away with trouble like the Roosters Broncos and Storm.

He can snort lines off my tits if he signs with us. What happens off the field is their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I don't like our chances of getting any of the three we are linked to. If we pull the pin on Smith then we are left with Mahoney who is being chased hard by a number of clubs which will also push his price up. I also read this week that the Storm had an option for 2023 to extend Harry Grant and have told him they will be taking it up. So basically Grant is out of the picture. So in the end we could end up with nobody in the position we need someone the most.
    IMO even Mahoney has turned into a bit of a risk given his recurring shoulder issues. Only have to see the toll it took on Morgan.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-10-21 at 11:37 AM.

Off-season allows us all to examine in microscopic detail every player … I reckon we could death ride nearly all of them in one sense or another … every player is either one play away from star status or an injury away from the scrap heap … the whole sport lives on a knifes edge.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Similar could've been said about Tom Turbo and his hamstrings at the beginning of the year. In fact, I tipped Manly for the spoon this year because I anticipated Turbo and Foran spending the majority of the season on the sidelines.

Rep Player

Anyone know if Reece Robson has any clauses/options in his contract that could make him a free agent before the end of 2023?

"We've caught up a bit in the off-season and he (Sexton) is already making some jokes," Brimson said.

"We've got such a young spine and if it ends up being me, Toby and JC and then Erin Clark or Tanah Boyd or whoever is at nine, it is exciting.

From the Titans website.

Looks like we are planning to train Boyd into a 9 which im extremely pleased about. He looked great there for Burleigh.

Rep Player

Well smiths manager had said for everyone to submit their best offer. We better be going hard he is an absolute game changer for any club

What do you guys anticipate the makeup of our pack and bench to look like next year? Middles in particular looks to be hotly contested

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What do you guys anticipate the makeup of our pack and bench to look like next year? Middles in particular looks to be hotly contested
    Much the same as this year, including Fifita off the bench.