Page 33 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Wow a negative Titans article from Peter I’ve got a broncos taint tattoo Badel. I think Tino extends with us
    Its 'hands off Broncos young forwards, only target the players from the club I wish didnt exist'

9 news said Tino and his manager met with Dennis Watt today. Also mentioned him being a possibility for captain and had short clips of Steven Mitchell and Tino talking about it so I’m not too worried

If Tino actually wants to leave and go to Redcliffe let him go. He's already on really good coin, gets to play with some of his close mates. Sign more Fermors and McIntyres of the world, who work hard, don't break the bank. We already got Mo and Fifita, don't think we should be throwing anymore ridiculous money at another forward being Tino (he's already on good coin) we need our spine improved as we all know, a hooker should still be absolute priority.

- - - Updated - - -

If he really is considering chasing more money, swap him for Brandon Smith or Harry Grant for 2022

Tino came here for money so I don’t see why he wouldn’t go somewhere else. Particularly that’s as close to home as a nrl club will be.
    Everything he has said seems like he will stay.
    Funny hearing the club say his brother Iszac is working in the office as a reason he might stay here. That’s how you operate! Look after the family and Holbrook seems like a coach, parents would like, as he’s a mild mannered thoughtful person.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    Tino came here for money so I don’t see why he wouldn’t go somewhere else. Particularly that’s as close to home as a nrl club will be.
    Funny hearing the club say his brother Iszac is working in the office as a reason he might stay here. That’s how you operate! Look after the family and Holbrook seems like a coach, parents would like, as he’s a mild mannered thoughtful person.
    I think tino took less to come here then what the warriors were offering him but I could be wrong.

I hope he doesn't leave, seems like a good young bloke. Although I don't think our cap can afford to accommodate another massive money forward.

Perhaps they need to look at niukore and brandon Smith if tino leaves

They would’ve budgeted Tino in for 2023 onward no doubt.

I think he’ll stay. Seems very settled and his brother is with our junior system + works for the club as mentioned in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    Broncos 101, everyone's family just happens to work at the league club, don't see them, they called in sick that day.

Tom Starling arrest in the past few days will place a hold on the hooker merry go round for a bit. Might make some current hookers value rise a little bit more.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Right now hooker is the most overrated position since the rule change. If you look at a stat analysis of the impact hookers have had on games since the 6 again rule was brought in, they are have far far less impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Right now hooker is the most overrated position since the rule change. If you look at a stat analysis of the impact hookers have had on games since the 6 again rule was brought in, they are have far far less impact on the game.
    Please elaborate on this stat analysis mate? I've always thought hooker is the most important position since the rule change

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    How do you figure? I would've thought a good hooker who can read the opposition defensive line and direct the forwards to the right place is a huge asset in the 6 again era.

I remember a fantasy football analysis done on it a few months ago and hookers are making far less runs, linebreaks, and line break assists, but they are making far more 'passes from the ground' and tackles.

Two things are happening, hookers are more fatigued and also it's far better to shovel the ball quickly to a flat, first receiver who is engaging with the line. Think how Manly plays with Croker shoveling it to Turbo and DCE who play flat and fast.

Rep Player

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I don't think there are any stats tracking the quality of passing selections. If anything, it would be reflected in penalties/6 agains received and metres gained. Those are affected by so many other factors though. Good hooker play is one of those subtle things that makes the players around him look good rather than the hooker himself.

Across all walks of life there is nothing that a bad hooker can bring over a good one except trouble ... stats be damned, we need an efficient, game managing, running, kicking, tackling opportunist with a decent pass.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Tannah extended to 2024….utility role I guess.