Page 20 of 143 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Fogarty was a stop-gap at best on the back of Taylor’s failure, Tyrone Robert’s ineptitude, Elgey’s departure and poor recruitment options. He’s done a fair job with limitations and I wish him well but we can do better.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Fogarty was a stop-gap at best on the back of Taylor’s failure, Tyrone Robert’s ineptitude, Elgey’s departure and poor recruitment options. He’s done a fair job with limitations and I wish him well but we can do better.
    Pretty much my stance as well.

I really would have liked for us to have held out for Canberra to pay some freight on Hodgson. He probably doesn't want to be in Canberra anyway and our hooker options currently are pathetic. We have been screwed over so many times by underachieving players like Ash Taylor yet when we finally have some quality depth on peanuts we give it away so we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

I also think Fogarty being strong and a good defender might have gone surprisingly well at hooker and if the club had half a brain it would have been talking this option up to Fogarty. Now watch someone in our spine do an ACL in preseason or round 2 or 3 next year and our season is a write-off.

And no Tanah Boyd is not the answer in the halves or at hooker.

Rep Player

To me the team obviously has a plan in place come November 1st. Fogharty is a sound QCup choice but we know his ceiling. Give the young halves/AJ a crack at the very least we know Sexton can cut it in the NRL, can slot goals and gives us a 5th tackle kick threat. To me we are holding off Hodgson as he will want 2 years and we want to snag and elite hooker for 2022

The Hodgson swap thing was never going to happen - the gap in salary was way too big and it would have removed our ability to compete for another hooker in the market. It was an idea Brent Read came up with and journalists milked it for about 15 different articles. We need a hooker but an old Hodgson taking cap space and creating another hooker crisis in 2 years time is not the answer.

I respect the Fogarty at hooker vision Birdman but I really don't think it would work. He's got no vision, no instinct, and I think he's more of a good tackler than a good defender. If the club had discussed this with him I think he would also have just laughed and said why would I do that when another club is willing to pay me double to be a half.

Lockyer sneakily suggested in our 2021 team review that maybe AJ could make a good #9....just putting it out there.

Fittler also suggested that AJ would make a good centre where as Joey Jones said that AJ should be fullback only.

Here are the interviews that they suggest hooker, centre and only fullback.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/titans-...2-8ed489ca33a0
    Psmitty

Fogarty had us up in arms mid season for his inability to defend. Then they extended his contract. Fogarty at 9 would have been a team killer. All the best to the bloke, enjoy Canberra, we both move on happy.

I'd just like to point out the footy talk on here is 1000% better than on the Titans fan facebook page. you go on there to point out a valid issue or limitation with a particular player or the roster and you get the obligatory BuT YoU CoUlDn'T dO aNy BeTtEr! or YoU aReN't A tRuE fAn KeYbOaRd WaRrIoR! responses.

Also so many on there that legit want us to resign Ash Taylor! Do they even watch the games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    I'd just like to point out the footy talk on here is 1000% better than on the Titans fan facebook page. you go on there to point out a valid issue or limitation with a particular player or the roster and you get the obligatory BuT YoU CoUlDn'T dO aNy BeTtEr! or YoU aReN't A tRuE fAn KeYbOaRd WaRrIoR! responses.

Also so many on there that legit want us to resign Ash Taylor! Do they even watch the games?
    LOL, frustrating aren't they. They whole Taylor thing had me stumped too, wasn't seeing what they were.

The Facebook fan page/s are at the intersection of where young fans that have just hopped on Facebook and started following the team in 2020 and where more older casual fans that just support the Gold Coast/Not Brisbane collide.

Man that group is such a shambles, just so out of touch. It's like they're all competing to get the imaginary badge for the Titans biggest fan.

I couldn't stand seeing Darveniza posting in there with his constantly misleading or incorrect articles about juniors as well. And then parading around like some insider. Very cringe

Inactive User

Never seen these Facebook Pages and I’m never going to allow myself to see the tripe that you guys paint a picture of in here.
    Thank god for League of Titans.

Personally thought Hodgson would be solid especially if Canberra was paying some freight. Has dropped off since those 2017/2018 days where he was one of the best hookers in the game but he is easily still one of the better ones and would be a lot better than our current options.

I hope I am wrong but to me there is no chance we land Brandon Smith. Did anyone catch the interview he had the other day when he took the piss out of us and said “I’ve been linked with the Titans, the Tigers and the Bulldogs ... geez, they are all going great at the moment," and said it would be virtually impossible to say no to the Storm. Never say never but putting all of our hopes on that might not end well

Collage from previous comments … happy either way with Hodgson … agree Smith Cheese is not coming … I get on Fb to rant at those imbeciles when I’m totally out of my mind with frustration … off season somehow feels long already … love every one of the LoT community including trolls (we’ll sort of).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.