Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2136
    Immortal

18 year old front rower who is in his last year of schooling at Keebra Park mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Who is Immanuel Kalekale?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    18 year old front rower who is in his last year of schooling at Keebra Park mate
    mdrew already knows this but as an FYI for anyone interested - Kalekale has recently been re-signed as part of our JTS system until end of 2024. Not sure if it is backended to an NRL development deal but he'll be doing some work with NRL in pre-season at the very least for 2023.

Others who have also recently re-signed in our JTS system and will be integrated with the NRL squad in some capacity for 2023 include Josiah Pahulu, Xavier Stowers and Kaleb Ngamanu (did pre-season 2022 pre xmas with NRL). Josiah is still U18 in 2022, Xavier and Kaleb U19.

All of these boys will be on display on Saturday at Pizzey Park playing for the Titans U19's if anyone wants to get along. Big day with all of our junior teams playing (19's/18's/16's).

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    mdrew already knows this but as an FYI for anyone interested - Kalekale has recently been re-signed as part of our JTS system until end of 2024. Not sure if it is backended to an NRL development deal but he'll be doing some work with NRL in pre-season at the very least for 2023.

Others who have also recently re-signed in our JTS system and will be integrated with the NRL squad in some capacity for 2023 include Josiah Pahulu, Xavier Stowers and Kaleb Ngamanu (did pre-season 2022 pre xmas with NRL). Josiah is still U18 in 2022, Xavier and Kaleb U19.

All of these boys will be on display on Saturday at Pizzey Park playing for the Titans U19's if anyone wants to get along. Big day with all of our junior teams playing (19's/18's/16's).
    I know I want to go down and watch the 18s/19s but I'm struggling to convince any friends or the wife to join me. Might have to just go down solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetibros View Post
    I know I want to go down and watch the 18s/19s but I'm struggling to convince any friends or the wife to join me. Might have to just go down solo.
    Head along mate! Will be good to get vision on those boys edging closer to NRL. Let me know if you do and I’ll PM you with some key players to watch in each team

I hope Fermor keeps his outstanding form up and ends up making the Origin squad at some point. Kaufusi is such a plodder these days and I'm not sure there's a lot of contention for that spot behind him either?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-01-22 at 10:53 PM.

'A really good opportunity to all come together' - Holbrook
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...er---holbrook/

Gold Coast Titans head coach Justin Holbrook talks camp, captaincy and how the top 17 is shaping up as the 2022 season approaches.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Anyone think it is the Titans that has signed James Segeyaro on a minimum contract?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...5e95f6980939f0
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Anyone think it is the Titans that has signed James Segeyaro on a minimum contract?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...5e95f6980939f0
    I don't think so

And I really hope not

Segeyaro is unable to play until June 2 no matter who he signs with

EDIT: That was for last year, he is available to play round 1
    Last edited by FalconSloth; 30-01-22 at 08:26 PM.

Send him over to Toulouse, they need the help. Rumour is Knights though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Doesn’t comply with the No ********s policy

According to a Manly site He has signed with their feeder club..(Blacktown Workers?…)

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    According to a Manly site He has signed with their feeder club..(Blacktown Workers?…)
    Yeah, i can confirm this from my manly sources

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a5618ca6ea1220

NRL 2022: Gold Coast Titans insist David Fifita is happy at the club and they want to re-sign him

Travis Meyn
    13/02/2022

Mal Meninga has rubbished claims $3.5 million man David Fifita is unhappy at the Gold Coast and revealed the Titans are ready to launch contract negotiations to re-sign the NRL try-scoring sensation before he hits the open market.

A leaner and meaner Fifita made his first appearance of the year for the Indigenous All Stars on Saturday night in the lead-up to his second season at the Titans.

It was a whirlwind debut campaign at the Titans for Fifita in 2021, with the 21-year-old embroiled in an off-field incident during the pre-season which saw him fined $10,000 by the NRL before going on to score a club record 17 tries as the Gold Coast played finals for the first time since 2016.

Fifita’s sizzling early-season form faded later in the year as he battled a painful rib injury and was relegated to the bench, a move he was not entirely happy about.

He also moved back up the M1 to live in Brisbane, prompting suggestions he could look to return to the Broncos following his controversial exit from Red Hill in 2020.

Fifita is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2023, but rival clubs can poach him from November this year and he is expected to attract enormous interest if he hits the open market.

But Titans culture chief Mal Meninga is intent on not allowing that to happen.

“Absolutely, we’ve got him until the end of 2023 but clubs can start talking to him sooner rather than later,” Meninga said when asked if the Titans would look to extend his contract.

“We’re really keen to keep him at the club. We know he’s very happy there and has mixed in really well. He is part of the club. We’re hoping with the right mentoring and relationships at the club that he will find it very hard to leave.”

At his barnstorming best, Fifita was near unstoppable last year, scoring two hat-tricks in what was an incredible season with the ball in hand.

But his defensive efforts have been questioned and Meninga said Fifita was working hard on improving his game ahead of a critical season for the Titans.

“Dave obviously wants to improve. That’s one of the reasons he came to the club, he wants to become a better player,” he said.

“There’s a few things Dave can work on, but not a lot of things.

“He’s worked on his fitness, which will certainly help his game. The fitter you are then the more mentally strong you are. That will help him get more touches of the footy and help defensively, which is crucial in any club’s preparation.

“There is no secret that defence wins comps. That’s certainly true and that’s a key area for Dave.”

The Titans have re-signed the nucleus of their squad for the upcoming years.

Captain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (2026), AJ Brimson (2026), Moeaki Fotuaika (2024), Jayden Campbell (2024) and Toby Sexton (2024) have all committed to the club.

Fa’asuamaleaui knocked back a big-money bid from the Dolphins and said he hoped Fifita would stay with him after they left the Storm and Broncos respectively last year to join the Titans.

“He is my best mate and I want the best for him but I’d love for him to stay,” he said.

“He is a big part of this club and us growing together as a young group.

“When I think of him I think he is a Titan.

“I’m hoping he stays but I’ll be happy with whatever he does because he’s my best mate.”

Fifita is targeting a return to the Titans’ starting side in 2022 and while he remains close to the Broncos, said he was enjoying his time at the Gold Coast.

“I’m really enjoying my time here at the club,” he said.

“Brissy is only down the road so I’m not far away from my family. I’m still really close with the Broncos boys and staff there, but I’m glad I’m down here with the (Titans) boys.

“I’m here at the moment and enjoying it. I’ve still got a couple more years.

“I’m really training hard and getting my body right to put me on the best foot forward to get to where we want to be this year.”

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprising to see Travis Meyn fabricating claims that Fifita is unhappy in the first line to make up a narrative and stir the pot. Anything to help the Courier Mail darlings up the road.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a5618ca6ea1220

NRL 2022: Gold Coast Titans insist David Fifita is happy at the club and they want to re-sign him

Travis Meyn
    13/02/2022

Mal Meninga has rubbished claims $3.5 million man David Fifita is unhappy at the Gold Coast and revealed the Titans are ready to launch contract negotiations to re-sign the NRL try-scoring sensation before he hits the open market.

A leaner and meaner Fifita made his first appearance of the year for the Indigenous All Stars on Saturday night in the lead-up to his second season at the Titans.

It was a whirlwind debut campaign at the Titans for Fifita in 2021, with the 21-year-old embroiled in an off-field incident during the pre-season which saw him fined $10,000 by the NRL before going on to score a club record 17 tries as the Gold Coast played finals for the first time since 2016.

Fifita’s sizzling early-season form faded later in the year as he battled a painful rib injury and was relegated to the bench, a move he was not entirely happy about.

He also moved back up the M1 to live in Brisbane, prompting suggestions he could look to return to the Broncos following his controversial exit from Red Hill in 2020.

Fifita is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2023, but rival clubs can poach him from November this year and he is expected to attract enormous interest if he hits the open market.

But Titans culture chief Mal Meninga is intent on not allowing that to happen.

“Absolutely, we’ve got him until the end of 2023 but clubs can start talking to him sooner rather than later,” Meninga said when asked if the Titans would look to extend his contract.

“We’re really keen to keep him at the club. We know he’s very happy there and has mixed in really well. He is part of the club. We’re hoping with the right mentoring and relationships at the club that he will find it very hard to leave.”

At his barnstorming best, Fifita was near unstoppable last year, scoring two hat-tricks in what was an incredible season with the ball in hand.

But his defensive efforts have been questioned and Meninga said Fifita was working hard on improving his game ahead of a critical season for the Titans.

“Dave obviously wants to improve. That’s one of the reasons he came to the club, he wants to become a better player,” he said.

“There’s a few things Dave can work on, but not a lot of things.

“He’s worked on his fitness, which will certainly help his game. The fitter you are then the more mentally strong you are. That will help him get more touches of the footy and help defensively, which is crucial in any club’s preparation.

“There is no secret that defence wins comps. That’s certainly true and that’s a key area for Dave.”

The Titans have re-signed the nucleus of their squad for the upcoming years.

Captain Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (2026), AJ Brimson (2026), Moeaki Fotuaika (2024), Jayden Campbell (2024) and Toby Sexton (2024) have all committed to the club.

Fa’asuamaleaui knocked back a big-money bid from the Dolphins and said he hoped Fifita would stay with him after they left the Storm and Broncos respectively last year to join the Titans.

“He is my best mate and I want the best for him but I’d love for him to stay,” he said.

“He is a big part of this club and us growing together as a young group.

“When I think of him I think he is a Titan.

“I’m hoping he stays but I’ll be happy with whatever he does because he’s my best mate.”

Fifita is targeting a return to the Titans’ starting side in 2022 and while he remains close to the Broncos, said he was enjoying his time at the Gold Coast.

“I’m really enjoying my time here at the club,” he said.

“Brissy is only down the road so I’m not far away from my family. I’m still really close with the Broncos boys and staff there, but I’m glad I’m down here with the (Titans) boys.

“I’m here at the moment and enjoying it. I’ve still got a couple more years.

“I’m really training hard and getting my body right to put me on the best foot forward to get to where we want to be this year.”

- - - Updated - - -

Not surprising to see Travis Meyn fabricating claims that Fifita is unhappy in the first line to make up a narrative and stir the pot. Anything to help the Courier Mail darlings up the road.
    Standard Courier Mail garbage but hey maybe when the dolphins enter the comp they can share some of that hate boner the CM seemed to have for any SEQ team not called the broncos. I think Fifita stays but if he doesn’t then there is a good chunk of $$$ to go buy some gun players. It’s funny even reading about the donkeys trial it’s clear they are nearing the end of their monopoly or the SEQ schools pipeline. They are going to have to start spending big $$$ to fill their rosters moving forward