Page 132 of 143 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2136

I feel this could be a great signing for us injuries permitting. We still need to sign another depth hooker though given Verrills' injury history. We can't be relying on Clark again if Verrills goes down, we've seen how that turned out. We could do worse than a one year Mitch Rein reunion. Maybe Turpin or McCullough if they accept they are not first choice? Either that or a promising youngster (MDrew and HS any ideas here? I doubt any hookers in the JTS are ready in 2023 for this role but happy to be told otherwise)

I'd like to see us retain Booth in some capacity but obviously not in the top 30 given he'll be out for 12 months. Development contract or some other club role perhaps?

Happy to have Verrills, not so happy that Coach lauds Sexton again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Stoked with Verrills.

@Birdman - I don't think any of the JTS hookers at that end of the pipeline (Sikahele or Bryant) are obvious NRL ready in 2023 but I know the club is hoping they'll be pushing as capable bench options for limited minutes. Hooker is generally a position that takes longer to develop in terms of NRL readiness.

Booth would've been the ideal backup but with his injury I don't think he'll be given a development contract spot sadly. IMO the wise thing is to try and sign a cup-hardened 9 on a minimum, 1 year deal (Berrell or Chudleigh or someone similar). I can see them just running with Verrills/Boyd/Clark back to 9/hoping that one of the young guys jumps out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Stoked with Verrills.

@Birdman - I don't think any of the JTS hookers at that end of the pipeline (Sikahele or Bryant) are obvious NRL ready in 2023 but I know the club is hoping they'll be pushing as capable bench options for limited minutes. Hooker is generally a position that takes longer to develop in terms of NRL readiness.

Booth would've been the ideal backup but with his injury I don't think he'll be given a development contract spot sadly. IMO the wise thing is to try and sign a cup-hardened 9 on a minimum, 1 year deal (Berrell or Chudleigh or someone similar). I can see them just running with Verrills/Boyd/Clark back to 9/hoping that one of the young guys jumps out.
    Thanks HS, I had a feeling you'd think Sikahele and Bryant were at least a year away. Personally I'd hope we take a punt on someone like Berrell on a one year depth contract as I'm sure we'll unfortunately end up with Boyd and Clark playing significant minutes at hooker. Berrell is also a local guy and I'm sure given the grind he's had so far wouldn't take the opportunity for granted.

Why wouldn’t we sign Turpin?
    Can play half back as well and I think he goes better than as being portrayed at present

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Why wouldn’t we sign Turpin?
    Can play half back as well and I think he goes better than as being portrayed at present
    Every single bricks supporter I've spoken to doesn't rate him at all. I'm more than happy to pass on him

First Grader

Seems like Turpin does not have a club next year. Verrills will need back up and competition for his spot and I would offer Turpin a cut price deal. He is good defensively, can kick out of dummy half and we don’t need Clarke as backup
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 10-08-22 at 01:41 PM.

We definitely need a back-up Hooker and Erin Clarke/Tanah Boyd are not those people. Turpin and McCullough are better low cost options than both. Jayden Barrell was killing it in Q-Cup not that long ago but he’s stuck behind Brailey, has he shown any promise when given opportunities in NRL? I haven’t seen him play there

I'm really not a fan of Turpin's game. His service is as bad if not worse than Clark and he just doesn't make good decisions with the ball. Bloke can defend though I'll give him that.

It's a no from me. Unless by some miracle he is willing to come down the M1 for a development contract and to play at Burleigh for most of the year.

Ecstatic with Verrills but I hope we can hang on to Booth. It's not his fault he got injured and it'd be unfair on him to send him away after this year, as much as I understand it is a business. I think someone else on here mentioned that we should keep him in some sort of off-field capacity until he can play again, which I reckon would be a really good idea

Courier Mail reporting we are also chasing Fletcher Baker from the Roosters

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...6070d109c961ec

He's contracted there for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Turpin's game. His service is as bad if not worse than Clark and he just doesn't make good decisions with the ball. Bloke can defend though I'll give him that.

It's a no from me. Unless by some miracle he is willing to come down the M1 for a development contract and to play at Burleigh for most of the year.
    Yep appreciate that but I suggest he's better than his current form.
    I remember that stint he did at 7 for the Drongoes a while back....he was pretty dam good.
    A change might do him the world of good and I recon his next contract will be cheap

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/teams/t...s/damien-cook/

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/t...isai-koroisau/

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/te...m/harry-grant/

https://www.broncos.com.au/teams/tel...s/jake-turpin/

When looking at Jakes stats they are fair in comparison to Api, Harry and Cook. These stats show by the year further down.

I think he could be good in rotation to Verrills and if we get him for two years he won't cost us a lot either. The two years will allow Vaka,Bryant and Nona to age by two years and develop their game. This will allow the club at the right time to make decisions on those three. However Jake does have the issues that HS has pointed out so on that basis he may get looked over.

https://www.roosters.com.au/teams/te...letcher-baker/

Flecther Bakers info as well. 2019 did his ACL.
    https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...238528?lang=en
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Turpin hasn't been the same since he broke his leg and he can't pass off the ground.

People that think Clarke's service is terrible are kidding themselves if they think Turpin is the answer. There is a reason no club wants him, hopefully the club don't do another titans thing and try polish a turd.

I think Boyd and Clarke off the bench would get the job done I hate the roosters don't watch many games anyone know if verrils ever plays 80 minutes much? Even Sam Mac could be our cheese get him fitter and training at hooker in the off season