Page 130 of 143 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2136

Yea I hate what flanno did wrong but I hate supporting a team of nice guy losers even more he did take Cronulla from where we are now to a premiership and with the dolphins coming in we can't afford to stay at the bottom every year.

The big risk with Flano is something that a few of you guys have pointed out: if he bends rules, how does he hold the dressing sheds? I can't remember who, but someone was saying a few weeks ago that Holbrook may have played favourites or broken his own rules around selections. That's a great way to destroy team spirit and given Flano has an integrity problem, he's a risk in that regard.

Assistant is the only possibility for mine but he's already disrespected us publicly by negotiating through the media. If he gets the Assistant job, it's another question mark on his integrity/credibility.

I agree with Diehard. We've got the production line, so let's get someone who will build something. I think Hannay and Green could do that with the right Assistant and with a tough approach to preseason and training.

Could Mal talk to Billy? It's a long shot but Billy will make a great NRL coach if he wants the job. His mate Cameron could attend a few sessions and Hannay would love to assist him, I'm sure. Billy could keep his Origin job. He's a workaholic and could handle it.

Another option is Smithy for Assistant to Holbrook if we keep him?

Dare to dream.

Another reason I recommend that we went slow is that no one will want to work at a club where we turf people out all the time. Just looking like a basket case and slapping panic buttons.

I also feel like we are probably taking a deeper reflection of our club during the process. Instead of taking the easy way out.

I have to say that since the axing of Dymock and others, my opinion of Holbrook has gone down and not up. Significantly. Better pull it together.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Can anyone post the story from courier mail.. saying one of our young guns is on the move?

CAMPBELL ON THE MOVE?

Titans dynamo Jayden Campbell is facing an uncertain future as Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook attempts to squeeze four into three.

Campbell is shaping as the most likely Titan to leave the Gold Coast in the coming months ahead of a log-jam of talent in 2023.

With veteran five-eighth Kieran Foran on the way to partner young halfback Toby Sexton in the halves, Holbrook has to find space for fullbacks Campbell and AJ Brimson in the Gold Coast’s starting side.

It’s clear Brimson and Campbell are out-and-out fullbacks that need to wear the No.1 jersey.

With Brimson signed until 2026, Campbell could be on the move, with a glut of clubs making enquiries about his future.

Campbell has committed to the Titans until 2024 but could secure more money and a longer term deal elsewhere if he wants to leave the Gold Coast.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...b23dc9a4b0304d

FROM THE SAME ARTICLE

Madden’s preference is to stay at the Tigers but his manager says the former Australian Schoolboy is likely to leave the club if they persist with Luke Brooks at halfback.

“He wants to stay at the Tigers if they can explain to him his role and their pathway for him,” Madden’s agent Chris Orr said.

“He has been waiting two years behind Luke Brooks for game time here and there. On the weekend, he was given a chance at halfback where he has played his whole life and he produced a blinder against the Broncos.

“The Tigers haven’t made an offer at this stage. Tim Sheens (football boss) has called me and said he wants to keep him, but he has interest from a number of clubs including Penrith, the Sharks and Newcastle.

“The Titans called me and asked me where he is at with the Tigers and what’s he doing for next season. They are watching him, he is playing well, so Jock will make a final call in the next week or so.”

FLANAGAN’S TITANIC WARNING

Former Cronulla premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan insists he has not been approached by the Bulldogs as he weighs up his next move in the NRL.

Flanagan has been discussed by Titans powerbrokers as a possible option to assist Justin Holbrook at the Gold Coast and the 56-year-old has also been linked with the Bulldogs post vacated by Trent Barrett.

Flanagan’s son Kyle is a halfback at the Bulldogs. However, the man who broke Cronulla’s 50-year premiership hoodoo insists he has had no dialogue with Canterbury chiefs and insists he is in no rush to return to NRL head coaching.

Flanagan, who has had a head-coaching ban lifted by the NRL, works in a recruitment role for the Dragons and has impressed as an expert commentator for Fox Sports.

“No they (the Bulldogs) didn’t approach me,” he said.

“I imagine Cameron Ciraldo will be announced as Bulldogs coach. I’m just reading the media on it and I think it will happen sooner rather than later.

The Titans need to make their mark says Shane Flanagan. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images
    The Titans need to make their mark says Shane Flanagan. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images
    “Fox have been fantastic to me, so I’m really enjoying my role with them. I can coach now, my issue with the NRL was over 12 months ago, so I can do it and when i get a job I don’t know.

“If the right option comes up, I will go and do it.

“Three or four years ago, I was thinking I need to get back to coaching, but now I have a lot going on. I haven’t lost the passion for it, but it’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t happen.”

Flanagan has not been formally approached by the Titans, but is open to helping rebuild the embattled Gold Coast.

“The Titans don’t have an identity at the moment,” he said.

“They need to find out what they are good at and make a mark.

“With the Dolphins coming in, they could risk being the third poor brother to the two Brisbane teams if they don’t pull their finger out.

“The Titans have some good young forwards like Tino (Fa’asuamaleaui), but they need to sort out their halves and fullback if they want to get back up there again as a finals team.”

COWARD PUNCH VICTIM RETURNS

Titans flyer Treymain Spry has returned to the field after recovering from horrific injuries following an alleged coward punch.

Spry made his rugby league return in the local Gold Coast A-grade competition for the Helensvale Hornets last weekend, six months after the Fortitude Valley attack.

Spry was left with a fractured skull, broken eye socket and bleeding on the brain following an alleged one-punch attack, which is before the courts.

He spent three months recovering before being ushered back into training at a snail’s pace.

Now Spry is back on the field and set to turn out in the Hostplus Cup this weekend for Tweed in Sunday’s local derby against Burleigh.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Thanks for that mate.. I would hate to see Jc leave.. maybe brimson can play centre? How does madden go?

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Thanks for that mate.. I would hate to see Jc leave.. maybe brimson can play centre? How does madden go?
    One theory I have is JC to St George so we can get Hunt in a swap for next year...... JUST A GUESS......As it will be the only way Hunt gets released next year ( Cash or player or both ).....
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    One theory I have is JC to St George so we can get Hunt in a swap for next year...... JUST A GUESS......As it will be the only way Hunt gets released next year ( Cash or player or both ).....
    Dragons have Ramsey who is just as young as Campbell and doing well at fullback, as well as Tyrell Sloan who is highly regarded as fullback. Can’t see them taking that deal.

I also don’t think the club would want to lose JC, he is a Gold Coast junior and obviously has a special connection to the club due to Presto. Would make way more sense to try mold Brimmo into a centre or worst case 14.

I agree with Brimson at centre. I think he'd do well there and we certainly need more competition in that area. I feel like that is the only way we can fit JC, him and Sexton/Boyd in the side with Foran coming in.

Think swapping JC for Hunt is a loss for us. JC isn't necessarily in his prime yet, best years still well ahead of him. Hunt isn't far off retirement. All for it if we can get him cheap but otherwise, I don't think Hunt is a priority when we have Foran.

It's a beat up article, but Jayden is an integral part of our team moving forward, he is a Titan thru n thru.

I also agree that to accommodate AJ and JC for next season, I know AJs best position is fullback and I am his biggest fan, but JC has a higher ceiling with his potential than AJ.

AJ can defend and he would sort out our deficiencies in the centres, give him a licence to roam on both sides of the field in attack.

I would like to see this backline next season:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. AJ Brimson
    5. Treymaine Sprye

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Dragons have Ramsey who is just as young as Campbell and doing well at fullback, as well as Tyrell Sloan who is highly regarded as fullback. Can’t see them taking that deal.

I also don’t think the club would want to lose JC, he is a Gold Coast junior and obviously has a special connection to the club due to Presto. Would make way more sense to try mold Brimmo into a centre or worst case 14.
    Does anyone really think AJ would be happy playing in the centres or at 14? It's a demotion and he's proven himself to be a great fullback

If you think the medium/long term fullback equation is tricky now, just wait until Keano Kini enters the frame

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    It's a beat up article, but Jayden is an integral part of our team moving forward, he is a Titan thru n thru.

I also agree that to accommodate AJ and JC for next season, I know AJs best position is fullback and I am his biggest fan, but JC has a higher ceiling with his potential than AJ.

Another newspaper article based on nothing, just journos stirring the pot
    AJ can defend and he would sort out our deficiencies in the centres, give him a licence to roam on both sides of the field in attack.

I would like to see this backline next season:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Jojo Fifita
    4. AJ Brimson
    5. Treymaine Sprye

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    If you think the medium/long term fullback equation is tricky now, just wait until Keano Kini enters the frame
    And he isn’t far away

The way our coach has diddled around with these guys I would be nervous about the future. Loyalty only goes so far.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.