Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2136

Bring back Aidan Sezer we haven't had a good kicker since he left

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I think that Hunt if the signing is possible would be great. We don't want a half that will be in the position long term. IMO we need one that will see us through the next 2/3 years until the likes of Weaver / Sexton and any other young halves we have in the system to get another year older and hopefully wiser. I think that its a real long shot to happen but I'm happy for it possibly happen. Could he bring his mate McCollouch as well ?? He would help our young hookers come through as well. Yes a bit busted but we could get him cheap ..
    Yep I'm with you on this one BT. Hunt for mine is the type that is getting better with age ands the body type for longevity so will probably play elite at 35.
    Ummm...it's a no to his mate though

First Grader

Channell 7 reporting Titans are chasing Kobe Hethrington from the Donkeys.

He would be a good pickup and is very strong defensively

I say No to Verrills as I think he is Roster reject has to be a reason why he being off loader so to speak
    I know we need a hooker but really need to be smart with it as well
    as for Hunt No way or maybe they think he can play hooker all season what a joke

I think we have nearly no choice but to chase Verrills. An injury to Booth and we are back to Clark, need depth. In hindsight should have probably kept Rein

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post

Yep, agree WD he's the type of player we need. High effort and tough. Even if he's a fringe guy competing for a spot.

Can't help but think we had a similar one sitting there in Tristan Powell but he's been a done deal to Melbourne for months now.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 03-08-22 at 08:01 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yep, agree WD he's the type of player we need. High effort and tough. Even if he's a fringe guy competing for a spot.

Can't help but think we had a similar one sitting there in Tristan Powell but he's been a done deal to Melbourne for months now.
    How come we lost him HS? Was he ready for a shot and we didn't give him one or just got a better offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    How come we lost him HS? Was he ready for a shot and we didn't give him one or just got a better offer?
    His development contract with the Titans NRL side expired end of last year, so he's been a free agent since then. To be fair to the Titans he probably didn't show enough in local A grade (below Qcup) last year to justify extending with the NRL squad into 2022, but he's gone back to Burleigh this year, worked hard to crack Qcup and is playing some really good football. Something clearly clicked in the pre-season for him (at Burleigh).

You could say the Titans should've talent ID'd him better based on what they were seeing at training week in week out last year but that is hard to say without really knowing how he was performing in that environment.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d26812e3e251fa

Previous article about Hunts contract. So he opened the door then about a return to Qld.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post

Would be a gun signing hopefully they’ve got the deal done cause I feel like he’ll show everyone how good he is the next four weeks whilst Cardigan is out.

Few quotes from Dennis Watt here that give support to some of the recent Titans news re Verrills and Flanagan.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-20...6-eabd7634f156

edit: for anyone interested, here is the interview on 4BC:

Skip to the 29 minute mark for Dennis Watt
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 04-08-22 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Few quotes from Dennis Watt here that give support to some of the recent Titans news re Verrills and Flanagan.[/url]Skip to the 29 minute mark for Dennis Watt
    Titans continue to amaze me. I honestly would be disappointed if we signed Flanagan. He has had 2 strikes, that is enough for me. If he did come across and Titans became a little more successful (more wins than losses) then that would get put down to him and Holbrook goes. Most of you would say great, and that is fair enough. I don’t care either way if Holbrook stays or goes. I just don’t want Flanagan.

P.S. In the interview Dennis Watt does not raise the names Verrills or Flanagan. He just agrees with the host that they would be great value.

Here it comes…

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Titans continue to amaze me. I honestly would be disappointed if we signed Flanagan. He has had 2 strikes, that is enough for me. If he did come across and Titans became a little more successful (more wins than losses) then that would get put down to him and Holbrook goes. Most of you would say great, and that is fair enough. I don’t care either way if Holbrook stays or goes. I just don’t want Flanagan.

P.S. In the interview Dennis Watt does not raise the names Verrills or Flanagan. He just agrees with the host that they would be great value.

Here it comes…
    Yep good pickup mate

First Grader

Honestly Shamus I don’t care anymore about the perceived bad look for the club if we bring in a “drug cheat” or whatever they want to call him. It would be talked about on the day he signs and then it would be forgotten about. Right now everyones perception of us is a losing club that is destined to consistently be at the bottom of the ladder. I know Flanagan would toughen up the playing group and most likely improve the defence as well, and all I really care about now is winning football games.

Also optimistic that a deal with Verills is just about done given the “hopefully we can announce something about a number 9 very soon” comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Honestly Shamus I don’t care anymore about the perceived bad look for the club if we bring in a “drug cheat” or whatever they want to call him. It would be talked about on the day he signs and then it would be forgotten about. Right now everyones perception of us is a losing club that is destined to consistently be at the bottom of the ladder. I know Flanagan would toughen up the playing group and most likely improve the defence as well, and all I really care about now is winning football games.

Also optimistic that a deal with Verills is just about done given the “hopefully we can announce something about a number 9 very soon” comment.
    Didn't Bennett say “ you don’t win comps with choir boys “??

Personally I don't want Flano here on the basis of what he has done. However I do recognise that he does have something to offer clubs with the the wy he can look at the game listening to him on FOX.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady