Page 124 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2136
    First Grader

Proctor gone for the remainder of the year and presumably the club

On recruitment, what do contributors to this thread think about recruitment for next year. We will lose Isaako, JWal, Smith and KP are gone and Marsters and Ese Ese expire. We only have Foran so far and looking at options off contract (although that's not a limit anymore), why not strengthen our weaknesses with Jake Turpin, Tass and Milne from Souths, Fitzgibbon and Liam Martin/Angus Crichton?

What do you think of these players as future Titans?

Or do we keep Ese Ese?

Booth should be in our 30 and possibly battling Turpin for a start each week, although I suspect he is good enough to hold the spot next year. We have two empty spots we can fill before August apparently. Palasia is off contract this year. Do we need another middle? Te Maire Martin also isn't getting game time at the Broncos despite his great form earlier this season.

I was looking forward to seeing Fuller play a few games this year but given his injury, does he need to go back to cup to get more footy in him or does he stay on a development contract?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Proctor gone for the remainder of the year and presumably the club
    Finally some good news!!!!!

Junior

Angus Crichton will be demanding big dollars, and we cannot afford to have another expensive middle on our books IMO. Tass is a handy player who I would certainly love to have at the titans - an improvement on current centres for sure with his running game, ball skills and positional play. Milne is a pass from myself. I think impact forwards from the bench are bigger priority than outside backs. Sami and Marzhew and 2 of our best players whom show heart. Jojo fifita I'm very happy has got his chance and he fully deserves to keep a spot. We also have tony francis. I would rather wait for a big spine player than sign a marginal upgrade for several years that turpin may be. not too many names off contract though. taupau, royce hunt, palasia, salmon are okay options to improve the depth of the roster. Reece Robson, Joe Tapine should be prime targets 2023
    Last edited by WolfBuddy4; 25-07-22 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks WB4. All good points. I'm hoping Jojo is a certain starter each week from now on. I'm also hoping Alick plays a lot of first grade next year but will he be a middle or an edge player? He was solid in the middle for PNG.

Salmon might be good and I've been thinking about him but he's a 6. Do you think he could transition to an edge backrower? I reckon Te Maire Martin can cover more positions in the spine and might offer better value for us.

Every club would want Reece Robson and I was hoping at the beginning of this year, we'd sign him before the Cowboys did. I know contracts don't mean what they used to but Turpin looks like the only hooker on the market and I reckon he's a tough little bugger, who might give us depth at 9 for not much coin.

Tass is probably the only one mentioned that I'd want to sign long term.

Taupau and Tapine would be great but might be asking too much. I wanted us to sign Tapine years ago when he was cutting his teeth as a young second rower. Great player.

What do you think of Fitzgibbon? Nobody mentions him much but he looks to do his job on an edge and could offer good value. We certainly need more depth in edge backrowers.

First Grader

Fitzgibbon is not a chance. His father is the CEO of their sponsor NIB

First Grader

Would like Mal to explain what he has achieved in his performance contract as head of performance and culture. Seems nothing

First Grader

Personally I still would like to see spry get a run next season or even at the back end of this one if he's up for it. I always thought he was pretty solid when he played first grade

No more speculative fringe first graders for mine at all. I'd keep and develop those who are ours emerging through our system PLUS any marquee player in an essential position that we can afford.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    No more speculative fringe first graders for mine at all. I'd keep and develop those who are ours emerging through our system PLUS any marquee player in an essential position that we can afford.
    Yep that is the strategy. We have the locals who are starting to emerge to plug the gaps. When we bring in externals, they need to be of quality who actually will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Personally I still would like to see spry get a run next season or even at the back end of this one if he's up for it. I always thought he was pretty solid when he played first grade
    He needs to be cleared for full contact but the club is doing right by him and I think he’s got it 100%

Him jojo marzhew and khan pereira should be the backline for next season imo, with Francis and tuapika in the reserves developing.

Also have DEGROOT who will be in cup next season too hmm ��

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    He needs to be cleared for full contact but the club is doing right by him and I think he’s got it 100%

Him jojo marzhew and khan pereira should be the backline for next season imo, with Francis and tuapika in the reserves developing.

Also have DEGROOT who will be in cup next season too hmm ��
    It would be nice to have some speed in our backline again wouldn't it, haven't had real wheels on the wing since the Mead and Gordon days. My dream backline eventually is
    1. Campbell
    2. Marzhew
    3. Brimmo
    4. Jojo
    5. Khan-Pereira

with Foran at 6 and Sexton 7

I am wary though that 2-5 are all quite short players, and height is a huge advantage in the backline when you look at the Roosters with Manu, Tupou and Suaalii. Unfortunately we don't seem to have too many players like that, I know Francis and De Groot are quite tall but is there anyone else?
    Last edited by Titslover; 25-07-22 at 09:10 PM.

QLD Cup

While not the most exciting signing Michael Chee-Cam would be a good pick up to cover second row and centre. Pretty solid defensively and wouldn't cost a fortune. If they would take Herbert as a swap it would be ideal.

I'd love to see either Tapine or Robson at the club Maroon. When they were available last time I was pretty vocal about both of them. Unfortunately I cannot see us landing a signature like that anytime soon without paying ridiculous money. I think our 2023 signings will consist of a couple astute senior signings and some more development type players. If we get lucky we may be able to snare Sam Verrills from the Roosters with a promise of a starting jersey.

First Grader

That's why i like spry, hes got alot of height to him and he never let us down when he was playing

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    It would be nice to have some speed in our backline again wouldn't it, haven't had real wheels on the wing since the Mead and Gordon days. My dream backline eventually is
    1. Campbell
    2. Marzhew
    3. Brimmo
    4. Jojo
    5. Khan-Pereira

with Foran at 6 and Sexton 7

I am wary though that 2-5 are all quite short players, and height is a huge advantage in the backline when you look at the Roosters with Manu, Tupou and Suaalii. Unfortunately we don't seem to have too many players like that, I know Francis and De Groot are quite tall but is there anyone else?
    You're spot on here, we don't really have a whole lot of height going on. Francis as you mention is above average and rangey but even looking into the JTS pool, we don't really have any outside backs of that physical profile that are close to being involved with the NRL squad on a full-time basis. There's a couple that will be doing NRL pre-season (e.g. 18 yr old centre Antioch Faitala is a kinda big body) but I wouldn't say immedately on the fringe of the NRL squad.

Having varying physical profiles is what all of the top teams do with their talent ID and recruitment to build a dynamic roster. We're missing this across a variety of positons, IMO.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-07-22 at 07:40 AM.