Herman Ese'ese

Back Row:
    David Fifita
    Beau Fermor
    Kevin Proctor
    Joe Vuna
    Jacob Alick

Total confirmed:

In: Isaac Liu, Paul Turner, Aaron Booth, Will Smith, Jacob Alick, Jamayne Isaako

2022 NRL Development Players (eligible for selection after round 11):
    Tom Weaver (Half)
    Shallin Fuller (Half)
    Tony Francis (Centre)
    Aaron Booth (Hooker)

Re-signed: Tino Fa'asuamaleaui ('26), AJ Brimson ('25), Moeaki Fotuaika ('24), Jayden Campbell ('24), Toby Sexton ('24) Beau Fermor ('24), Jaimin Joliffe ('24), Sam Lisone ('24), Tanah Boyd ('24) Lofi Khan Pereira ('23), Greg Marzhew ('23), Erin Clark ('23), Patrick Herbert ('23), Corey Thompson ('23), Kevin Proctor ('22), Phillip Sami ('24)

Off Contract end of 2022:
    Kevin Proctor, Aaron Booth, Herman Ese'ese, Esan Marsters, Jarrod Wallace, Joe Vuna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 Pre-season/Train and trial Players (fyi - JTS means Junior Titans System, i.e. they are part of the clubs junior development program)

Isaac Matalavea-Booth (Middle, U20, JTS), (2023 NRL Development Contract)
    Iszac Fa'asuamaleaui (Middle/Brow, U20, JTS) (2023 NRL Development Contract)
    Jaylan De Groot (Fullback, U19, JTS)
    Ryan Foran (Brow, U19, JTS)
    Klese Haas (Brow, Tweed Colts)
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 14-04-22 at 08:42 PM.

Quite liked Joe Vuna.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

A hooker, Centre and 2nd row are needed with those last 3 places.
    Don’t need halves because of Weaver and Fuller. One or both will be NRL level next year.
    Bryant is a hooker but he’s way off first grade.
    Francis is a big exciting talent who could end up being NRL level at both Centre and 2nd Row next year.

So even though we are down in the areas of need we have them potentially covered with our development guys.

I'm going out on a limb here and will say Turner will be in the 6 come season start

Who does everyone see as being our 13 next year's?? Tino plays hard but has 0 ball playing skills, Jarrod Wallace could be a smokey because he does have some ball playing, Sam McIntyre always gives 100% but so does Jolifee, let's also not forget Mo needs a starting position and we don't know what happening with Peachey.

This might come back to hurt me but I actually see Wallace as our starting 13 if we let Peachey go to be the link man between our forwards and backs, I especially think we need a ball playing lock if AJ moves to 5/8 as he is not the most creative. Thoughts?

Inactive User

It’s a good question I just think we will go with 6 mids rotating and no ball playing from the forwards other than those JWall type of plays.
    Our attack won’t be as potent next year but the defence should be (please god) a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Who does everyone see as being our 13 next year's?? Tino plays hard but has 0 ball playing skills, Jarrod Wallace could be a smokey because he does have some ball playing, Sam McIntyre always gives 100% but so does Jolifee, let's also not forget Mo needs a starting position and we don't know what happening with Peachey.

This might come back to hurt me but I actually see Wallace as our starting 13 if we let Peachey go to be the link man between our forwards and backs, I especially think we need a ball playing lock if AJ moves to 5/8 as he is not the most creative. Thoughts?
    I could see Wallace as a lock because he does have a nice passing game. He really does **** me to tears. Holbrook has gotten a lot of his mistakes out of his game but I still have nightmares of him doing something stupid. The charge down last week was not needed and lost us the game. It was great effort on his part but he really should have just pressured the kicker. He has played really well this year and he hits the line hard and defends with real intent. I just have no faith in him when the game is on the line. I would be open to give Wallace a go or as you said McIntyre. McIntyre has some great footwork and might improve with extra game time.

For me:

1. Jayden Campbell
    2. Greg Marzhew
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Patrick Herbert
    5. Corey Thompson
    6. AJ Brimson
    7. Toby Sexton
    8. Isaac Liu
    9. Aaron Booth
    10. Moeaki Fotuaika
    11. Beau Fermor
    12. David Fifita
    13. Tino Faasuamaleaui

14. Paul Turner
    15. Sam Lisone
    16. Jaimin Jolliffe
    17. Sam McIntyre

Overall I love the squad in the sense that I dont think we have a single 'bad' contract or really any unplayable players for once in what, 10 years?. I think we have an okay amount of depth for now, the pack looks crazy and there's decent strike out wide provided Brian Kelly actually performs.

But holy the 9 and 7 options may be our worst ever?. I am intrigued with the Booth pickup, I think there's no way he gives you bad value and with the awful hooker options on the market I think a low-cost guy like him is the perfect option right now, and you'll have the inside track to keeping him if he hits, no real idea how good he is but he'll automatically be a starting option here by default.

Fogarty will be the 7 but a Sexton and Brimson combo is perfectly fine defensively and you would definitely not get any less on attack than Ash Taylor gave you. Both Brimson and Campbell have to be at least in the 17, even if JC is your Will Zillman super sub from 09/10 then so be it but just throw them both out there.

I've said it before but id actually prefer Turner-Brimson-Campbell to almost any world Fogarty is a starter, you'd need Boothy to step into a playmaking role but if we're going to be struggling with 5th tackle options with Fogarty you might aswell just load up on big attacking threats on every side of the ball and hope you win 70-75 minutes of each game.

TL;DR - More than enough in the forwards, very good strike out wide, wildcards in JC, Brimson @ 6 and Paul Turner, pray to the Gods that we can draw blood out of a stone with our 9 & 7 stocks.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 01-09-21 at 12:12 PM.

Both our captains dropped. I'm all for that.

Wallace is a one trick pony with his link play and most teams have seen it now.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Both our captains dropped. I'm all for that.

Wallace is a one trick pony with his link play and most teams have seen it now.
    Wallace, Ese Ese and Lisone are players I would not renewing contracts after next year. They get gassed easily and lack lateral movement where they are easily targeted by attackers who have good footwork. The current rules do not suit their makeup.

it provides a great opportunity to develop the squad in the middle that can meet the demands of the new rules and better support Tino, Mo, Lui and Jolliffe

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Tom Weaver (Half)
    Oskar Bryant (Hooker)
    Shallin Fuller (Half)
    Tony Francis (Centre)
    I thought Isaac Booth was also on the Development list?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetibros View Post
    I thought Isaac Booth was also on the Development list?
    Not for next year I dont believe. He's doing pre-season with NRL though and will be involved with the training squad throughout the year.

My money is on Liu to play 13. Have been watching him since we signed him and without Radley Roosters are playing some of their middle ball playing through Liu.

Sam Mcintrye also offers something with the ball, but figure he is likely bench depth.

QLD Cup

What happened to Tristan Powell? Did he not kick on?

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    What happened to Tristan Powell? Did he not kick on?
    He's playing GCRL A grade at Burleigh. Handy player but I guess didn't show enough to be kept around. I think he might be one of those ones who maybe lands back in an NRL system after a few years learning his trade at ISC level.