Page 16 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    TITANS UP THE ANTE FOR TINO

TINO Fa’asuamaleaui is set for a $3 million payday with the Titans keen to table a lucrative new deal to stave off an expansion poaching war for the Queensland Origin giant.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Titans will kick-off contract upgrade talks with Fa’asuamaleaui amid revelations a second Brisbane team is set for entry to Telstra Premiership in 2023.

Big Tino is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2023, but has a 12-month option in his favour, meaning he is technically free to field formal offers from November 1 this year.

With a new Brisbane second team likely to be named within the next month, the 17th club will be on the hunt for marquee recruits and Fa’asuamaleaui ticks all the boxes as a homegrown Queenslander.

For that reason, the Titans aren’t mucking around and are keen to lock in the 21-year-old for the long haul. It is understood the Gold Coast are open to a four or five-year deal, worth at least $800,000 a season, to ensure the premiership-winning former Storm monster spearheads the Titans’ revival.

“I’m set here,” Tino said last week.

“I want to make this home and make this a powerful club in the future.

“I’m happy here and love all these boys. We’re very close.

“I want to focus on playing good football for the team and whatever happens happens.

“I want to be a Titan for life.”
    source? Who wrote that? edit: nvm it's Newscorp.

I reckon with Fogarty, don't let him go unless we can get a good replacement. I'd be keen to see if we could swap him for Starling

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...3f7f860c2e2f89

Potentially take with a grain of salt but..

"It is understood the Raiders will not give up hope of luring Fogarty to the nation’s capital. The Green Machine are prepared to pay $300,000 a season for Fogarty’s services, almost double what he currently earns at the Titans, and the 27-year-old won’t accept languishing in the Intrust Super Cup if he is forced to play second fiddle to Sexton."

If true, that is immense value we're currently getting for Fogarty
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-09-21 at 02:58 PM.

We have been very frugal in our buys. If Fogarty is only on about $150k then I am not sure it is worth letting him go. Also not sure of Tino at $800k for 4 or 5 years. He has said a couple of times he does not want to move so I would consider a maximum of 4 years and a price under $800k for sure.
    Psmitty

Banned

Please don't get Hodgson
    Starling over Hodgson

Rein over starling and hodgson

Get piggy riddell

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...oO-I8HnK3zxtsQ

For those that read the forum but like to read the same ideas in media form.

$150k for Fogarty is a keep as a back up in my books.

Pretty sure the initial report had someone from the club saying that we don't want someone here that doesn't want to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    TITANS UP THE ANTE FOR TINO

TINO Fa’asuamaleaui is set for a $3 million payday with the Titans keen to table a lucrative new deal to stave off an expansion poaching war for the Queensland Origin giant.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Titans will kick-off contract upgrade talks with Fa’asuamaleaui amid revelations a second Brisbane team is set for entry to Telstra Premiership in 2023.

Big Tino is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2023, but has a 12-month option in his favour, meaning he is technically free to field formal offers from November 1 this year.

With a new Brisbane second team likely to be named within the next month, the 17th club will be on the hunt for marquee recruits and Fa’asuamaleaui ticks all the boxes as a homegrown Queenslander.

For that reason, the Titans aren’t mucking around and are keen to lock in the 21-year-old for the long haul. It is understood the Gold Coast are open to a four or five-year deal, worth at least $800,000 a season, to ensure the premiership-winning former Storm monster spearheads the Titans’ revival.

“I’m set here,” Tino said last week.

“I want to make this home and make this a powerful club in the future.

“I’m happy here and love all these boys. We’re very close.

“I want to focus on playing good football for the team and whatever happens happens.

“I want to be a Titan for life.”
    I wouldn’t pay tino that much for that long. He’s a great player and has enormous upside but he needs to prove that he can get rid of the mistakes in his game. I think he should be on around what we are paying him approximately 700k or less. You could get junior Paulo or safiti for that kind of money. He’s a good prospect but he’s definitely not on their level.

Rep Player

If the potential is for a Fogharty for Hodgson swap deal. I don’t mind it at all! Gives us an above average hooker with a point to prove.

Toby Sexton reflecting on his rookie year

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...021-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Toby Sexton reflecting on his rookie year

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...021-interview/
    2 things.

How has he been playing since he went back to Intrust and why did he go to the same barber as Jai Arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    2 things.

How has he been playing since he went back to Intrust and why did he go to the same barber as Jai Arrow?
    He only played the one game last week since no one from the NRL bubble could play ISC until we were out of the comp. Had a pretty poor first half then a good second half. After not playing for a few months there was some early rust.

Can't comment on the slop chop

Tweed playing on Kayo at the moment v Redcliffe.

Sexton off to a very good start. Causing them nightmares with his kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tweed playing on Kayo at the moment v Redcliffe.

Sexton off to a very good start. Causing them nightmares with his kicking.
    How is compain going interesting if he kicks on and realises his talents

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    How is compain going interesting if he kicks on and realises his talents
    He was ok mate, they missed Joe Vuna a bit on that right edge but ended up getting a good win

Toby Sexton was MOTM, and by a fair stretch