Page 15 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Didn't he only just re-sign, literally a couple of months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I don’t mind it. It was pretty clear he will be playing Q Cup next year with Sexton, Turner, AJ, Fuller, Boyd all on the books ( plus weaver) frees up more cap space to get what we need come November 1. We need a 5th tackle threat and Foges wasn’t that.
    Scary list if Fogs is gone. No senior halfs left. As much as we **** on Fog's footballing ability, running with 2 unproven, rookie halfs is a recipe for disaster if you ask me...add to that JC at 1 and probably Booth/Clarke at 9...that's a really really inexperienced spine apart from AJ given he plays at 1 or 6.

Starting to look as though we should have made a play at Hynes or Reynolds during the year imo..unless of course Holbrook has something up his sleeve which wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-09-21 at 09:22 PM.

That came out of nowhere but agree with the general consensus here.

A few months ago I recall we were all fairly disappointed he got extended. Fogarty had been overtaken by a 20 year old rookie in 3 NRL games.

I think it is important to remember Fogarty was a senior half by age, but not by NRL games - he is a season and a half into his career and had hit his ceiling already. If this eventuates and whatever comes next, I think we’ll be sweet.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 22-09-21 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Scary list if Fogs is gone. No senior halfs left. As much as we **** on Fog's footballing ability, running with 2 unproven, rookie halfs is a recipe for disaster if you ask me...add to that JC at 1 and probably Booth/Clarke at 9...that's a really really inexperienced spine apart from AJ given he plays at 1 or 6.

Starting to look as though we should have made a play at Hynes or Reynolds during the year imo..unless of course Holbrook has something up his sleeve which wouldn't surprise me at all.
    A chance at Brandon Smith >>>>>>> Either of those guys

Banned

Yes thank goodness Fogarty is gone
    Just need Mitch Rein to resign

Could we be seeing a Starling or a Hodgson to the GC then ? Maybe the latter on a 1 year deal so that we are a chance of getting the Cheese?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I will be absolutely amazed if the Cheese leaves the Storm.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-09-21 at 10:11 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Im hoping Hodgson comes to the Titans. Raiders fans thinking he might leave because Canberra want more room in their cap. Would be fantastic for us even if all he did was pick up the ball and pass only all game, we need someone who can choose the right direction between left and right extremely badly, and a level head to put our halves in the right position and guide our forward pack around.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I will absolutely amazed if the Cheese leaves the Storm.
    I’m curious to see how that one plays out T…he’s asked for a release before and is wanting to wait until November so he can see alternative offers instead of signing the upgraded extension Melbourne have already put in front of him a month or so ago. I think they’re favourites but despite their media charade, he and Harry Grant both want to be starting 9s, and Melbourne can’t afford them both long term even at discounted prices

I think fogarty has played pretty well for most of the year. I am worried about moving him on and relying on all this unproven talent. He wasn’t in my starting team for next year but I did like having him for depth. Good on him though if he can get some money. He started late and it would be good for him to get some cash from his career.
    The club seems to have a good ability to move players on that they don’t want and keep the good ones.

Sounds like we've rejected the request for a release (via Weidler on twitter)

I'd swap him for hodgeson on a reduced deal, I know he might be half the player he was but that's still better then our current 9 options and he's a leader and tough

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sounds like we've rejected the request for a release (via Weidler on twitter)
    MT will probably be in meltdown but if this is the case then I think the Club is showing consistency because they would have extended him as a part of some roster management strategy. I’m not a fan either but I hate just releasing players willynilly so maybe the Club is holding out for a trade with Hodgson … like that a lot.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-09-21 at 11:43 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So...I heard on 360 last night that Jamal was gonna have a talk with the club about the Canberra deal, and if what Weidler tweeted out is true then we rejected his wishes to leave? Not a fan of forcing someone to stay here unless they actually wanna be here...guess we don't really know the full story though.

TITANS UP THE ANTE FOR TINO

TINO Fa’asuamaleaui is set for a $3 million payday with the Titans keen to table a lucrative new deal to stave off an expansion poaching war for the Queensland Origin giant.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Titans will kick-off contract upgrade talks with Fa’asuamaleaui amid revelations a second Brisbane team is set for entry to Telstra Premiership in 2023.

Big Tino is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2023, but has a 12-month option in his favour, meaning he is technically free to field formal offers from November 1 this year.

With a new Brisbane second team likely to be named within the next month, the 17th club will be on the hunt for marquee recruits and Fa’asuamaleaui ticks all the boxes as a homegrown Queenslander.

For that reason, the Titans aren’t mucking around and are keen to lock in the 21-year-old for the long haul. It is understood the Gold Coast are open to a four or five-year deal, worth at least $800,000 a season, to ensure the premiership-winning former Storm monster spearheads the Titans’ revival.

“I’m set here,” Tino said last week.

“I want to make this home and make this a powerful club in the future.

“I’m happy here and love all these boys. We’re very close.

“I want to focus on playing good football for the team and whatever happens happens.

“I want to be a Titan for life.”