Page 109 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2136

@MT Just like the ‘Ponies ruined the BRL … I get that, but I think if you’d been on the receiving end of the pre-Origin floggings you’d understand the angst.

@DH The international game, at least down under, has to balance its selection criteria otherwise the hard earned tribalism of recent Pasifika tournaments will go the way of blurred edges too.

Right now I have trouble coming to terms with how a lifetime of commitment to a sport ends with such a devastatingly shambolic team of numbnutz.
    Last edited by Titanic; 11-06-22 at 10:01 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

Sports commentators used to say it was bad letting go of Fogarty but they aren't saying that anymore
    Fogs not playing well for Raiders

First Grader

Apologies if it's been said before but do we know if anyone has been added to the top 30 to replace Smith's spot? Tuapiki carved up again yesterday, 2 linebreaks and 3 try assists. Would rather see him get a shot at fullback than we ever play Isaako there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Apologies if it's been said before but do we know if anyone has been added to the top 30 to replace Smith's spot? Tuapiki carved up again yesterday, 2 linebreaks and 3 try assists. Would rather see him get a shot at fullback than we ever play Isaako there lol
    I couldn’t agree more. He is playing fantastic footy this year and would offer more in attack than we have available at the moment. Defends well too. It’s a shame because I suspect he will go play first grade somewhere else. Now that we officially have Buckleys of getting into the finals, we should use the remainder of the year to provide experience to a couple of youngsters with potential e.g. Tuapiki, Francis, Lofi and JoJo along with Alick. The Coach was saying in his post-game presser that we have suffered partially from having to have young players like Sextonand JC learn on the job rather than having more time in Hostplus. Rather than face the same thing again next year with the above players, blood them this year so that they are better positioned to add value next year.

Banned

What about Lachlan Lewis we can sign him

He is a good organising half

Say what you want about Lachlan Lewis but at least he is a good organising half with a loud speaker
    Last edited by coreythompson; 12-06-22 at 08:51 PM.

Taine’s going extremely well but I guess the question comes down to whether they choose to utilise that top 30 spot for him who is really a rookie prospect that is immediately a backup fullback (and 3rd string when JC returns) or someone that covers a position of more need, someone with experience, etc. He’s not contracted at this stage so it’s worth keeping in mind that we can’t just promote him to playing NRL as has been suggested a bit. At the moment he’s doing some part time work with the NRL squad occasionally.

Don’t think anyone expected him to take off like this in his first year of Qcup but having been a fan of Taine’s since U16’s, it is great to see him dominating that grade and on the verge of an NRL gig. From a Titans perspective I’m just not sure that the timing of his form when considering our roster needs will line up favourably for him to be contracted whether it’s top 30 or dev.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 12-06-22 at 09:59 PM.

Running deadset last, I wonder if any of our Board or CEO will make a statement for the members about performance, recruitment or Meninga, or anything?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Running deadset last, I wonder if any of our Board or CEO will make a statement for the members about performance, recruitment or Meninga, or anything?
    Yeah… Max King has come of age.

First Grader

Wonder if this will put more pressure on Holbrook to start to shake it up abit more and actually drop blokes for lack of effort

Problem is if he doesn’t have the size we are sending a kid out there to be ragdolled like JC was. Need to do things slow and steady. I think he may get a wing spot in the next preseason. Burleigh have done a fantastic job with our juniors this year and tweed the same. Pathways are exciting

Now it’s about picking the right ones so we don’t end up like the tigers lmao

Wrt to Holbrook- spicy thoughts . If he has to go - Jim Lenihan promoted to HC, presto for AC and contract cam smith for fitness consultant and player culture role. With mark Geyer doing a job for us maybe we get cole as well?

See what happens when you concentrate on defence? The dogs showed that everything comes off the back of energetic, aggressive defence. It's really that simple. Fix it JD...or stand down. It's what I've been saying all year.

We have Sharks, knights , buy, broncos and Bulldogs coming up. Very real possibility we don't win any of them if we can't beat the knights or dogs then we will be just about garunteed the spoon and Holbrook surely can't survive that

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    See what happens when you concentrate on defence? The dogs showed that everything comes off the back of energetic, aggressive defence. It's really that simple. Fix it JD...or stand down. It's what I've been saying all year.
    Yep. It's that simple really. Attitude, effort, system, execution,..we're off in every area and it's why we are where we are. Not mainly because of our rookie halfback, our inadequacies at hooker, or our 5/8 conundrum. We're there because we're a terrible defensive team that loses the effort areas particularly when under fatigue.

On another note, it makes sense for general discussion to be in here since it's the most active thread but I'm going to make a 2022 in-season general discussion thread to absorb a lot of this discussion and keep this thread a bit more on topic. Standby

Edit: done, jump over here fellas for any general chat:

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/sho...cussion-Thread
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 14-06-22 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I cannot understand the view that, if our defensive systems and performance are poor, the defence coach is to blame. Sure, he is part of the problem but most of the blame must be apportioned to the head coach. It is the head coach who dictates or signs off the defensive system to be employed. It is the head coach who ensures that training in the defensive system is being carried out appropriately by the defence coach and the team. It is the head coach who, when the team is halfway through the season and is near the worst defensive team in the competition, has the worst metres conceded in defence, has the worst post-contact metres conceded in defence, has the slowest line speed in defence, who makes the call that the team continues doing what it is doing or changes it all up. The overall responsibility for defence rests with the head coach. He has overseen our defensive woes all season and ostensibly he has done nothing about it. I go to watch training from time to time ( used to be very regular) and JL generally had attack with JH and Democrats worked with JH and JL on the defence. I simply believe the head coach should be hold responsible at least equally with the attacking and defensive coaches for the team performances in these areas.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    We have Sharks, knights , buy, broncos and Bulldogs coming up. Very real possibility we don't win any of them if we can't beat the knights or dogs then we will be just about garunteed the spoon and Holbrook surely can't survive that
    We will win the buy. (bye)