Page 106 of 143 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2136

Wallace to Dolphins confirmed. Think we all saw that coming

Quote Originally Posted by Allshot View Post
    Thank god you aren't in charge of the cowboys. The coach that has gotten his team to a top 4 position would have been sacked after last year with your line of thinking.
    Comparing third year Holbrook to a first year Payten last year is a bit of a reach.

I don't think anyone wanted Holbrook gone in year one so I'm struggling to understand your point.

Define " Forum"

1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    A forum is a place, situation, or group in which people exchange ideas and discuss issues, especially important public issues.

The organisation would provide a forum where problems could be discussed.
    Synonyms: meeting, conference, assembly, meeting place More Synonyms of forum
    2. COUNTABLE NOUN
    A forum is an area of a website where users can post comments and have discussions.

And for those that want to now the source or be picky on the details here is the source.
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di.../english/forum

It is the Collins Dictionary, so some may not approve of the source, but here it is.

gotitans101_ mate I respect and love reading your posts as you do provide a different point of view so stick around.

GENERAL BUSINESS

HOWEVER THIS IS A PLAYER SIGNING THREAD. PLEASE TAKE THE OTHER STUFF BEHIND CLOSED DOORS PLEASE !!!!!! KEEP IT TO PLAYER / COACH SIGNING. ANY OTHER STUFF BEYOND THAT I'LL DELETE.

This forum has always been better than FB and a lot of other platforms with the rubbish they go on about and I feel we are headed to that. Lets get back to good stuff where we can speak our mind RESPECTFULLY and also LISTEN and REPLY RESPECTFULLY.

WE all have strengths and weaknesses lets embrace them and MOVE ON.!!!!!
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I agree let's get back onto the good stuff.

We certainly all want to aim for a certain quality of discussion that doesn't look anything like what we see on facebook.

We should also be aware that there are a lot of people reading as lurkers. And we should be conscious of how things read for others.

If anyone wants to discuss things, PM me and I'll give you my phone number. I love talking to people.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No surprises to see Wallace leave. Great signing bu the Dolphins. Passionate and a personality on and off the field, with a first hand knowledge base of their two SEQLD rivals.

Wallace props up Dolphins' hard edge
    http://www.dolphinsnrl.com.au

The Dolphins are pleased to announce its NRL team’s forward depth continues to strengthen with the signing of experienced prop Jarrod Wallace.

Wallace will join the Dolphins on a two-year contract that further bolsters the Dolphins’ list up front.

At 30 years of age, Wallace will add to the hard edge the Dolphins’ roster has already amassed, including players such as Melbourne trio Felise Kaufusi and Kenny and Jesse Bromwich, Rabbitoh Mark Nicholls, Cowboy Tom Gilbert and Parramatta’s Ray Stone.

He has now played 185 NRL matches since making his debut for the Broncos back in 2012, including 112 matches in the past five years for the Titans.

Also on his big-game resume are six State of Origin matches for Queensland and an appearance for the Broncos’ in the 2015 NRL Grand Final loss to the Cowboys.

Dolphins’ chief executive officer Terry Reader said Wallace added another strong link in the team’s armour for their entry to the 2023 NRL competition.

“Jarrod is a highly-experienced front rower who has had involvement in winning State of Origin teams and has also experienced the pressure of a Grand Final,” said Reader.

“We are really excited about the forward pack we have built so far, and Jarrod is just another key piece of that puzzle.

“He was also born in Queensland and has played for both the Broncos and Titans, so will understand just how big and important our local derbies against the other Queensland teams will be next year.”

Wallace will move up the M1 to join Queensland’s newest professional sporting team when pre-season training begins in November.

Jarrod Wallace
    Born: July 23, 1991 (Gold Coast, Qld)
    Height: 188 cms
    Weight: 109kg
    Previous clubs: Broncos, Titans
    NRL debut: v Roosters – 10/6/2012
    NRL matches: 185
    Representative: Six State of Origin matches for Qld (2017-19)

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Good to see you back Meno.

For what it’s worth. I feel our Strength and Fitness guys are good. We haven’t had much in the way of long term injuries to this point.

I trust Holbrook and feel he is a good coach as he has had success.

We can score points when we get a roll on.

We just don’t seem to like to defend to well.

I was remembering how Cooper Cronk said he likes to see a young half build their craft or game and I feel that Sexton is doing that. I think from memory he leading the comp or up there in forced line dropouts!! I hope the back end on the season he builds on another aspect of his game.

For me the AJ question about what happens to him. I feel he needs to be fullback or if we need to accommodate JC maybe centre next year to get him in space.
    G'day, BT! I don't think Holbrook should be sacked either. I don't get the whole, "You need a hard nosed, tough coach that will rip the players new ****holes when they need it" comes from. Madge is exactly that kind of coach...how'd that work out for the tigers??

I've also had people tell me that we need a smarter coach with enough brains to put a thorough game plan together and get the players to learn it and carry it out. I can't help but think of the failure that was with Siebold at the broncos.

Defence is a massive issue for us...and has been for some time now. A happy medium would be to find a combination of a defensive coach and strength and conditioning team that will flog the team. Holbrook should stay.

Another issue raised regularly is weekly team selections. How can people really believe that teams are named on how matey players are with the coach, or coaching stupidity? We don't know anything of what's going on in the inner sanctum. We don't know about the niggles, the personal dramas, the illnesses or any of the other myriad of factors that no doubt crop up during the course of each week. A good example...remember when GM was "dropped" last year? Some people went into meltdown...

With coaching, you can't have a team of jokey, good blokes from top to bottom. Likewise, you can't have a team of hard nosed, tough, no nonsense types from top to bottom. You need a good blend, all working in the one direction. That's where you find success. It's the same in any endeavour. Look at the mix the broncos have put together.

Just on the broncos...I put their success down to Ikin. I'm surprised some on here haven't started to make Mal effigies and demanding we find an Ikin of our own.

There's another big can of worms freshly opened. Rip in all those that like to objurgate!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    No surprises to see Wallace leave. Great signing bu the Dolphins. Passionate and a personality on and off the field, with a first hand knowledge base of their two SEQLD rivals.

Wallace props up Dolphins' hard edge
    http://www.dolphinsnrl.com.au

The Dolphins are pleased to announce its NRL team’s forward depth continues to strengthen with the signing of experienced prop Jarrod Wallace.

Wallace will join the Dolphins on a two-year contract that further bolsters the Dolphins’ list up front.

At 30 years of age, Wallace will add to the hard edge the Dolphins’ roster has already amassed, including players such as Melbourne trio Felise Kaufusi and Kenny and Jesse Bromwich, Rabbitoh Mark Nicholls, Cowboy Tom Gilbert and Parramatta’s Ray Stone.

He has now played 185 NRL matches since making his debut for the Broncos back in 2012, including 112 matches in the past five years for the Titans.

Also on his big-game resume are six State of Origin matches for Queensland and an appearance for the Broncos’ in the 2015 NRL Grand Final loss to the Cowboys.

Dolphins’ chief executive officer Terry Reader said Wallace added another strong link in the team’s armour for their entry to the 2023 NRL competition.

“Jarrod is a highly-experienced front rower who has had involvement in winning State of Origin teams and has also experienced the pressure of a Grand Final,” said Reader.

“We are really excited about the forward pack we have built so far, and Jarrod is just another key piece of that puzzle.

“He was also born in Queensland and has played for both the Broncos and Titans, so will understand just how big and important our local derbies against the other Queensland teams will be next year.”

Wallace will move up the M1 to join Queensland’s newest professional sporting team when pre-season training begins in November.

Jarrod Wallace
    Born: July 23, 1991 (Gold Coast, Qld)
    Height: 188 cms
    Weight: 109kg
    Previous clubs: Broncos, Titans
    NRL debut: v Roosters – 10/6/2012
    NRL matches: 185
    Representative: Six State of Origin matches for Qld (2017-19)
    Bloody dolphins. I am probably one of the few...or maybe alone altogether...but I like the way Wallace mixes it up.

Up yours, Wayne!

PS - @Diehard and @Bayside Titan...sorry for my previous post about coaching etc. Delete if you wish.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 09-06-22 at 10:11 AM.

That's a good point about the mix of personalities and approaches. The old good cop, bad cop routine for the ages.

I like Wallace too. I've really come around to him. Dolphins are gonna be a threat on and off the field. And they probably won't forget the whole Gold Coast Dolphins thing... I worked at Dolphins years ago, and I can confirm.... they don't. They may even throw fuel on the fire to establish rivalries.

Junior

All the best to Wallace next year! Better to let him go though rather than overpay. Wasn't setting the world on fire and gives opportunity to blood a rookie. Can better utilize his money in the 9 role too for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    All the best to Wallace next year! Better to let him go though rather than overpay. Wasn't setting the world on fire and gives opportunity to blood a rookie. Can better utilize his money in the 9 role too for instance.
    Yea that's true. Dolphins are cashed up. And as soon as we'd enter the bidding war would go up and up. Anyway, good move for him.

Rep Player

With the way Wallace seems to want to play these days, maybe he's been signed to play in the spine

IMO Wallaces improvements have been due to contract negotiations. I think I have mentioned before, his kids from previous relationships are here on the coast and he is a family man so he wasn't keen on moving away. Left three options, I didn't think we were offering a contract, Donkeys said no, so left one.

Sport Confidential: Under-pressure Titans coach Justin Holbrook’s secret contract clauses revealed
    https://www.heraldsun.com.au/

In a week where two NRL coaches were sacked over dismal on-field results, Gold Coast Titans mentor Justin Holbrook’s future is suddenly in the spotlight as key contract details are revealed.

Travis Meyn and Peter Badel

The Titans have held high-powered meetings with Justin Holbrook as pressure intensifies on the Gold Coast coach to stop the rot at Parkwood.

Sport Confidential can reveal Holbrook’s Titans contract, upgraded 18 months ago until the end of 2024, is laced with performance clauses that rewards the coach for success but also protects the club from a substantial payout should they sever ties.

There is no suggestion Holbrook is on the verge of being sacked, but a recent meeting of minds suggests the 46-year-old needs to ignite a Titans fightback this season.

It is understood Titans culture boss Mal Meninga met with Holbrook and his coaching staff following Gold Coast’s dismal 32-6 loss to the Cowboys last Thursday night.

The Titans have lost eight of their last nine games and Holbrook must conjure an upset against Souths this Saturday at Robina.

Since the Covid restrictions have cleared, Meninga has taken on a more active role. Based in Canberra 1120km away from the Gold Coast, Meninga has been more visible at Titans headquarters in recent months.

The NRL Immortal played a key role in the hiring of Holbrook and wants him to succeed, but Gold Coast’s recent form is alarming. Holbrook has won just four of his last 18 matches. All four wins were against also-rans the Dragons, Warriors (twice) and Wests Tigers.

Of the current bottom-four teams, Holbrook is the only coaching survivor thus far.

Trent Barrett fell on his sword at Canterbury last month, while besieged Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and Warriors counterpart Nathan Brown have departed in recent days.

Titans co-owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly are fans of Holbrook but are watching Gold Coast’s situation closely.

After making the finals last season, the Titans were rated a possible top-six team this year, but while Queensland rivals the Cowboys and Broncos have surged, the Coast have been huge disappointments.

Despite the Titans sitting in 15th spot with next to no hope of making the finals, Holbrook insists their 2022 campaign isn’t a write-off.

“It’s not over,” he said.

“We know we’re miles off, but we’re going to keep working at it. We need to string some wins together but we’re definitely not giving up.

“We haven’t given in. There are just big moments that we aren’t winning and then we’re on the end of a big score against us.”

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Sport Confidential: Under-pressure Titans coach Justin Holbrook’s secret contract clauses revealed
    In a week where two NRL coaches were sacked over dismal on-field results, Gold Coast Titans mentor Justin Holbrook’s future is suddenly in the spotlight as key contract details are revealed.

Travis Meyn
    and
    Peter Badel
    2 min read
    June 9, 2022 - 10:33AM
    News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
    1 comments

02:21
    Courageous Cowboys...
    The Titans have held high-powered meetings with Justin Holbrook as pressure intensifies on the Gold Coast coach to stop the rot at Parkwood.

Sport Confidential can reveal Holbrook’s Titans contract, upgraded 18 months ago until the end of 2024, is laced with performance clauses that rewards the coach for success but also protects the club from a substantial payout should they sever ties.

There is no suggestion Holbrook is on the verge of being sacked, but a recent meeting of minds suggests the 46-year-old needs to ignite a Titans fightback this season.

It is understood Titans culture boss Mal Meninga met with Holbrook and his coaching staff following Gold Coast’s dismal 32-6 loss to the Cowboys last Thursday night.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free During Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free now.

The Titans’ Justin Holbrook is the latest NRL coach to feel the heat after poor performances. Picture: Getty
    The Titans’ Justin Holbrook is the latest NRL coach to feel the heat after poor performances. Picture: Getty
    The Titans have lost eight of their last nine games and Holbrook must conjure an upset against Souths this Saturday at Robina.

Since the Covid restrictions have cleared, Meninga has taken on a more active role. Based in Canberra 1120km away from the Gold Coast, Meninga has been more visible at Titans headquarters in recent months.

The NRL Immortal played a key role in the hiring of Holbrook and wants him to succeed, but Gold Coast’s recent form is alarming. Holbrook has won just four of his last 18 matches. All four wins were against also-rans the Dragons, Warriors (twice) and Wests Tigers.

Of the current bottom-four teams, Holbrook is the only coaching survivor thus far.

Trent Barrett fell on his sword at Canterbury last month, while besieged Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and Warriors counterpart Nathan Brown have departed in recent days.

Trent Barrett, who fell on his sword, was the first NRL coach to tumble this season. Picture: NRL Photos
    Trent Barrett, who fell on his sword, was the first NRL coach to tumble this season. Picture: NRL Photos
    Titans co-owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly are fans of Holbrook but are watching Gold Coast’s situation closely.

After making the finals last season, the Titans were rated a possible top-six team this year, but while Queensland rivals the Cowboys and Broncos have surged, the Coast have been huge disappointments.

Despite the Titans sitting in 15th spot with next to no hope of making the finals, Holbrook insists their 2022 campaign isn’t a write-off.

“It’s not over,” he said.

More Coverage
    The making of a Maroons legend
    Crash: Why this was an Origin win for the ages
    Ratings: Maroons debutant who changed the game
    “We know we’re miles off, but we’re going to keep working at it. We need to string some wins together but we’re definitely not giving up.

“We haven’t given in. There are just big moments that we aren’t winning and then we’re on the end of a big score against us.”

Originally published as Sport Confidential: Under-pressure Titans coach Justin Holbrook’s secret contract clauses revealed
    Cheers for that mate!

Rep Player

That article says nothing