Page 105 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2136

I think a few of you are really going over the top by saying "Holbrook took us from 14/15th/16th to 8th and 9th". Our defence has not improved one bit under him (in fact it's gotten worse) in 3 years. That is the role and responsibility of the head coach and clearly he does not have the defensive know how or systems to implement. He has also only won 38% of games which is almost Nathan Brown levels of bad. His coaching almost seems to mirror Super League - all attack and no defence. And the 8th placed finish last year is a bit of a gee up - we only won 10 games and 14 losses which normally would be a 13th placed finish and we conceded 25 points a game. It was also a season where Sharks, Raiders and Dragons had massive off field issues whilst we had a smooth sailing year overall. Yes I was happy with it but let's not sugarcoat it as a big success.

They were also speaking on Triple M and a Titans player told one of the presenters after the game that Holbrook is a bit of a soft coach and does not rip it up the team when they deserve. Wendell Sailor said he was the same at the Dragons - nice guy but lacked the fire and ability to give a good spray. With how soft this clubs underbelly is at the moment - I think we massively need a tough coach (like King Henry or Flanagan) that will run these sooks into the ground in preseason and give them a serve when they need to hear it.

I am not quite on the Sack Holbrook train but sadly I think he is well overrated amongst some fans - he hasn't achieved anything with us and hasn't improved our defence at all in 3, soon to be 4, years. Definitely find some new assistants ASAP but if we are still ****house at this time next year it would be time to move on
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 08-06-22 at 09:14 AM.

Interesting how Pat polotini is keeping booth on the bench, he's been one of the best cup hookers for a while now remember him playing a couple games off the bench for us how has he never kicked on in first grade his service is alot better then Clarke's he's a natural 9?

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Interesting how Pat polotini is keeping booth on the bench, he's been one of the best cup hookers for a while now remember him playing a couple games off the bench for us how has he never kicked on in first grade his service is alot better then Clarke's he's a natural 9?
    Pat is def slowing down and not quite the player he was 3-4 years ago when Burleigh were the top dawgs. He's serviceable at that level but even at his peak got exposed in the NRL for some defensive flaws. I think Booth is definitely the better player but he's only just starting to string some games together after being injured to start the season.

I'd be hitting the old "like" button on this BT and in such a big way that I'd need a new laptop.
    Yes originally a big Hurricane fan but realism always prevails.
    Flanagan is the only coach I would consider as a replacement at this stage and that door will shut shortly I'm sure but I just wonder what scars/baggage/ramifications the infamous doping scandal brings with it?...with out it he's a lay down misere IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I think a few of you are really going over the top by saying "Holbrook took us from 14/15th/16th to 8th and 9th". Our defence has not improved one bit under him (in fact it's gotten worse) in 3 years. That is the role and responsibility of the head coach and clearly he does not have the defensive know how or systems to implement. He has also only won 38% of games which is almost Nathan Brown levels of bad. His coaching almost seems to mirror Super League - all attack and no defence. And the 8th placed finish last year is a bit of a gee up - we only won 10 games and 14 losses which normally would be a 13th placed finish and we conceded 25 points a game. It was also a season where Sharks, Raiders and Dragons had massive off field issues whilst we had a smooth sailing year overall. Yes I was happy with it but let's not sugarcoat it as a big success.

They were also speaking on Triple M and a Titans player told one of the presenters after the game that Holbrook is a bit of a soft coach and does not rip it up the team when they deserve. Wendell Sailor said he was the same at the Dragons - nice guy but lacked the fire and ability to give a good spray. With how soft this clubs underbelly is at the moment - I think we massively need a tough coach (like King Henry or Flanagan) that will run these sooks into the ground in preseason and give them a serve when they need to hear it.

I am not quite on the Sack Holbrook train but sadly I think he is well overrated amongst some fans - he hasn't achieved anything with us and hasn't improved our defence at all in 3, soon to be 4, years. Definitely find some new assistants ASAP but if we are still ****house at this time next year it would be time to move on

I think we're mostly on similar pages to be honest. I don't really think anyone is getting carried away with the previous ladder position or saying it is a big success, but we can't use our current ladder position as a criticism and then not acknowledge the previous years like we haven't improved under him. I also don't think anyone is remotely happy with where we are at defensively. What is being questioned, at least by myself, is whether sacking him in the immediate future is the best option given where we are, and what we can do on the other side of that to improve. Whether it is the best option or whether there are more incremental improvements that can be made to move the needle first. The fact our suggested replacement options here are Flanagan and Neil Henry kind of speaks to the lack of quality out there.

Also an interestingly specific insight from Wendell on Justin Holbrook's time with the Dragons U20's side back as far as 2012, before he'd even been in an NRL-level coaching system. Bit of a weird take IMO.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 08-06-22 at 02:03 PM.

So HS I would agree that and even though unfortunate (IMO) Neil would not be a solution but are you suggesting that Flanagan is a rubbish coach or he should be labelled a failure or also-ran because of mistakes. If it's the later I see a lot of similarities to the Lance Armstrong situation where everyone was cheating he just happened to get caught and made an example of. We all make mistakes but it's how you own it is what counts in the end and Flanagan needs to step up to the plate here.
    (If you haven't seen "Lance" the doco I suggest it's essential viewing.)

Don't spit the dummy 101, if there is no angst then there is no passion and if there's no passion then you may as well be in China. WTF I have been stuck here for 3 years without being able to get back to shout abuse at Tyson Gamble, so if anyone wants to know what frustration is then put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Better still do something meaningful like got to the Origin thread and abuse your rivals, whoever you go for. This "mamby-pamby, we all love each other" stuff the players are rolling out sux. We all have a responsibility to the game at large to voice opinions and fight against media-speak lovey-dovey. Similarly on here. PC is all very good but what about staying alive and living it? If you want a laugh then how about this: I posted the word for losing your voice horse (sic) but ended up with ho**** ... lol.

My take on coaching is simple. I agree to some extent with all the options offered on here except sacking Holbrook. It's not the right time nor the right solution but it is the time for the debate on what the future needs ... and I'd bet my sagging left one that the owners have been having this debate for some time.

@MT I am old and grumpy and neither supple nor subtle
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-06-22 at 03:53 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Petulant children often mistake someone disagreeing with them for not being allowed to have an opinion at all. Have fun at reddit, GT101. I think you will fit in there as they have a downvote button that you can utilise to your heart’s content.
    Sorry, but I have to address this post from somebody who's regularly been in & out of my ignore list over the past few years. It's really funny because this all started when HS obviously didn't like my opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What coach do we target in the market if Holbrook gets sacked?

The riled up "sack holbrook" post are fun to spectate but who is even available
    This is a good response, a valid question, but the post didn't initially read that way. He edited it, and all the original post read, "Like clockwork." Gee such an insightful response. But then goes on to take the piss a few posts later anyway. So to say that I'm the one who doesn't like being disagreed with, especially in this instance, is dead wrong. Agree or disagree with me or not, I couldn't give two ****s, but don't be a dick about it.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-06-22 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Sorry, but I have to address this post from somebody who's regularly been in & out of my ignore list over the past few years. It's really funny because this all started when HS obviously didn't like my opinion:

This is a good response, a valid question, but the post didn't initially read that way. He edited it, and all the original post read, "Like clockwork." Gee such an insightful response. But then goes on to take the piss a few posts later anyway. So to say that I'm the one who doesn't like being disagreed with, especially in this instance, is dead wrong. Agree or disagree with me or not, I couldn't give two ****s, but don't be a dick about it.
    Reddit not as fun as you thought?

I've explained that post/edit already, lets not try to make it something it's not. This has nothing to do with me not liking your opinion and taking the piss - I listened to what you said and respectfully explained my position, and rationale, in in the post you spat the dummy at.

Anyway, welcome back

Anyway, welcome back
    Like clockwork

The fact our suggested replacement options here are Flanagan and Neil Henry kind of speaks to the lack of quality out there.
    Didn't Flanagan coach Cronulla to their first ever premiership?

You mention Neil Henry HS, and while by no means am I suggesting he should get a go again, I still am more than annoyed that he was shafted by Hayne. I still think Henry, at that time and without the distraction of Hayne, may have done something with the squad.
    Back to Flanagan, I still have concerns about what went down at Cronulla. However of those on the market I think he is the hard **** that we need. Just don't let him bring his son up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Didn't Flanagan coach Cronulla to their first ever premiership?

You mention Neil Henry HS, and while by no means am I suggesting he should get a go again, I still am more than annoyed that he was shafted by Hayne. I still think Henry, at that time and without the distraction of Hayne, may have done something with the squad.
    Back to Flanagan, I still have concerns about what went down at Cronulla. However of those on the market I think he is the hard **** that we need. Just don't let him bring his son up here.
    Yeah mate, no doubt Flanagan can coach. Unfortunately though with his past I just don't think in any case that the decision makers at the Titans would consider him as a genuine option.

Henry was hard done by for sure.

You are probably all adults in here. It would be good if everyone behaved as such. Getting 'offended' is so childish. Not everyone and sometimes not anyone will agree with opinions stated on here. Get over it.

I've explained that post/edit already, lets not try to make it something it's not. This has nothing to do with me not liking your opinion and taking the piss - I listened to what you said and respectfully explained my position, and rationale, in in the post you spat the dummy at.

Anyway, welcome back
    Once again, another smart-ass post by one of the supposed senior moderators of the forum who knows he can conduct himself however the hell he wants without having to face any repercussions whatsoever. I already explained that I couldn't let willhelm's comment slide, had to address it - only reason I made that last post. I ain't sticking around, especially so long as you're here. This place sucks apart from a few posters who I still have a huge amount of respect for with the way they conduct themselves despite whether we agree on something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Allshot View Post
    Like clockwork
    Post history is lol. Don't criticise the coach or else.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/mem...p?7533-Allshot
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-06-22 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Post history is lol. Don't criticise the coach or else.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/mem...p?7533-Allshot
    Thank god you aren't in charge of the cowboys. The coach that has gotten his team to a top 4 position would have been sacked after last year with your line of thinking.