Page 103 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2136

Booth relishing new opportunity on the Gold Coast
    https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/05/...he-gold-coast/
    Injuries have been cruel to Burleigh Bears and Gold Coast Titans hooker Aaron Booth in recent times, but he's back fighting fit on the field and ready to rip into his season. Video: Colleen Edwards and Bill Scurfield / QRL
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    G'day T! I think the most worrying thing is that no one can put their finger on exactly what's going wrong. NOt the coaches, not the players and not the fans.

You here a lot about the need for a quality 1,6,7 and 9. This is true...but it goes a lot further than that. You need big strong front rowers, strike backrowers, attacking centres, good quality finishing wingers. It's a team game and they all need to be on their game, all the time.

You don't get to the nrl level without a fair amount of talent and a basic understanding of your positional play. It just doesn't happen...otherwise we'd have all had a run at some point. That's where coaching comes into it. The coaches...all of them, need to be able to inspire the players to reach their full potential. Likewise, all the players should be backing themselves and trusting their team mates.

What we need to do right now, imo, is dumb things down. If you don't have the best 1,6,7 and 9...then it's time to bring it all back to basics. Run hard with the intent to hurt the bloke trying to tackle you. Go in hard with the intent to hurt the bloke you're tackling. The whole team needs to work as a unit in attack and defence. Make sides know that they are in for a physical flogging, at home or away. We start games this way, then drop off. It has to be an 80 min effort.

The old adage that defence wins big games and good attack comes off the back of good defence needs to be drummed into the players ad nauseum. It doesn't matter if we're attacking or defending...we need to do it hard with aggression and as a team. Simples. It works for sides like the cows and panthers...it'll work for us.

Dymock must go if he can't do the job.
    Great to see you Menoitios! I certainly agree with you about going back to basics and cutting down the errors and silly plays that cost us penalties and shift the game. It wasn't long ago that the Cowboys were embarrassing now they feel like they are ominously building to something big this year.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Turner loving mix of footy and family with Tweed
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ly-with-tweed/
    Tweed Seagulls and Gold Coast Titans flyer Paul Turner has always loved sport and is enjoying his time in the Hostplus Cup.

Banned

You know what the difference between last year and this year

We had Mitch Rein last year

Without Mitch Rein we have no experience in the spine

Mitch Rein has played over 200 games

He is like Cameron Smith

Seeing how Taine tuapiki is carving up q cup and I remember him playing alright in limited minutes in a trial earlier in the year why did we sign issako when we have this kid and seeing how JC has picked up a few injuries why don't we sign him even with smith leaving now too?

Could we talk Jaxon Paulo back to the club at all ?? He has some size about him and has now got a fair bit of experience under his belt now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Could we talk Jaxon Paulo back to the club at all ?? He has some size about him and has now got a fair bit of experience under his belt now.
    It's a pass from me.

Not sure we need another winger either. One position we're very deep in.

First Grader

Well although many of us have started questioning Holbrook’s coaching this year, it looks like we’ll just have to put up with him now that there are 3 open coaching jobs on the market. I like Justin as a bloke and I want to see him do well, but there needs to be accountability for our performances this year too. If he picks Isaako at fullback and Clark hooker again this week then I will have FAR less faith in him.

Yep Brown & Maguire gone. But this club loves nice blokes and Justin is a nice bloke so we're probably stuck with him for a long while yet.

What coach do we target in the market if Holbrook gets sacked?

The riled up "sack holbrook" post are fun to spectate but who is even available
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 07-06-22 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    like clockwork
    Mate when are you going to realise that I want this club to succeed?

We have gone so far backwards it's not even funny. And yet, here you are still trying to find ways to polish this turd (not Holbrook, but the club / our performances in general). And where has this constant turd polishing gotten us since Brennan's departure, Mal's signing, the so called 'clean-out' that happened...etc? Absolutely friggin nowhere. We might as well be back to where we started.

If you're happy to settle for mediocrity then good on you, because I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Mate when are you going to realise that I want this club to succeed?

We have gone so far backwards it's not even funny. And yet, here you are still trying to find ways to polish this turd (not Holbrook, but the club / our performances in general).

If you're happy to settle for mediocrity then good on you, because I'm not.
    In all honesty GT I went to go advanced and press post quick reply too early

Sorry mate

What coach do we target in the market if Holbrook gets sacked?

The riled up "sack holbrook" post are fun to spectate but who is even available
    Brown or Maguire

Before anyone starts, that is firmly tongue in cheek

In all honesty GT I went to go advanced and press post quick reply too early

Sorry mate
    I edited my post to explain a little.

I'm pissed off at where the club sits right now. It's not all on Holbrook I get that. But some of the decisions he's made this year have been beyond questionable...surely you can agree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Brown or Maguire

Before anyone starts, that is firmly tongue in cheek
    Bring back Garth