Page 62 of 143 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

At least now we seem to have the makings of a decent pipeline of young palyers coming through so we arent constantly paying to retain 'past it' players or paying overs to draw in talent.

Having a good junior pool frees up the bucks to retain marquee players … a luxury we’ve never had. Wallace without the brain snaps is a quality player and standing up to Lodge and the Neanderthals sealed it for me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    It’s a good thing that most of the players I would move on or sign for less are off contract next year. The team is going to look even better in 2023. Wallace is apparently on 600 and Ese Ese is on around 350ish, with all the outside backs we don’t need sami as well. The titans might sign Wallace on a reduced deal as they seem to like him but he’s definitely not needed.
    Wallace basically has three choices, us, Broncos (we fell for that before) and the Dolphins. He has two young families on the coast that he won't want to be too far away from so he'll take a reduced deal with us (unless it's too less) if we are offering.

If Brandon Smith hasn't signed with the Roosters yet then maybe there is something in Tino saying that he is changing his mind every few days. If he was so keen on the Roosters then why isn't the deal done.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    If Brandon Smith hasn't signed with the Roosters yet then maybe there is something in Tino saying that he is changing his mind every few days. If he was so keen on the Roosters then why isn't the deal done.
    I could be wrong here but I'd think they're just letting the dust settle before announcing it sometime in the new year. They deal is probably already done and rego'd with the NRL.

I would say it’s done already.. I can’t see him back flipping after saying he would cry to win a premiership in that jersey.. may as well give up on him and move forward.. looking forward to see how booth goes

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I could be wrong here but I'd think they're just letting the dust settle before announcing it sometime in the new year. They deal is probably already done and rego'd with the NRL.
    I think your right.

I understand that there is a 10 day cooling off period before the contract can be legally announced.

Aaaand there it is. Official announcement from the Roosters.

So who does that leave? Doesn't seen like many options now. Clark isn't it long term imo.

No one else really excites me. How good is that junior we have that was training the house down and when would he be ready?
    Psmitty

First Grader

Is Robson not worth the hassle? Surely he has a higher ceiling then Clarke, booth or boyd

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Is Robson not worth the hassle? Surely he has a higher ceiling then Clarke, booth or boyd
    Probably but he’s contracted until end of 2023 so he would need a release. There was some noise around him asking for one a month or so back but who knows if it is actually legitimate. Hopefully it is.

- - - Updated - - -

No one else really excites me. How good is that junior we have that was training the house down and when would he be ready?
    Vaka is a good prospect but he isn’t even eligible until 2023 and has a long way to go before he’s ready. Still only 20.

Well that turned out being as predictable as a cookie cutter movie plot. I didn't see it working out for us either way.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hugely disappointing and not just as a fan of our club and unexciting as a neutral or RL fan in general.
    If he didn't come to us then I was sure he'd go the to Dolphins, making one of us a contender at least.
    Going to the Chooks just makes a strong team stronger.

dodged a massive bullet imo

and this is coming from someone who was riding his d##k all year.