Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    You had an enforcer in a touch footy team? That’s wild haha I love it
    Hahaha yep, I think I've had got into more scuffles in touch footy than normal footy (mainly with blokes who are trying to relive their glory teen footy days).

It starts with pushing, then turns to slapping to make touches, then ankle taps and pushing into the sidelines.... usually escalates from there. End of the day having an enforcer definitely helps and puts the other team at bay (or makes it worse lol)

- - - Updated - - -

One of the best ones was we versed a team from Mount Druitt/Mounty County (here in Sydney) where we actually had a work team for OzTag and half the team had never played before.

The Mounty County team was full of Islanders and a couple white blokes, all with neck and face tattoos. The first touch of the ball our team had, a 6'4 islander put a SBW shoulder on our team mate and sent him to the deck, he then stood over him and yelled "woohoo welcome to the game c#nts!!".

Safe to say half our team didn't show up to the next game lol.

The Mounty County team ended up getting kicked out of the comp a few rounds later, apparently they got into an all in brawl from kick off...go figure!

Moral of the story is the Titans are my work Oz Tag team and we need an enforcer so no Mounty County team runs over the top of us.

Bulldog Kennel Twitter site reporting Titans will sign Joe Stimson.
    Surely there is a backrower in QCup worth investing in rather than Stimson

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    Interesting! - Mentioned it previously that if we were moving forward with Foz & Brimmo in the halves then we would’ve had to get creative with goal-kicking options, Although he wouldn’t be my dream signing he might literally be the only off-contract player that might have a chance of starting in the 13 while possibly also giving us the GK option.

He’s only had 3 goals at NRL level but did convert 9/12 times at 75% in the Toyota Cup. Melbourne junior too. I see the vision there, not ideal, but I get it.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 22-09-22 at 07:48 PM.

Don’t love Stimson but can see what they’re trying to do from a roster perspective by grabbing a plug and play guy for short-term depth that won’t be thrown in the deep end. He seemed a prospect at Melb but has been pretty underwhelming at the Dogs. Will be a depth guy for us

It’s not a bad thing but we’re already kinda overflowing with developing/prospect backrowers at the backend of the roster with Alick/Haas/Vuna + Foran going full time in ‘24

Interesting. To me he’s the same as Ese Ese. Why not keep Herman?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Interesting. To me he’s the same as Ese Ese. Why not keep Herman?
    I reckon you might be thinking of the wrong bloke there BT

This is Joe Stimson https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/te...s/joe-stimson/

Nathan Brown > Stimson and generally underwhelmed if it’s factual. Would rather concentrate on our juniors.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

The Kennel are delighted with the news. Does not bode well.

Looks like we got Stimson from reports on the telegraph.. can’t read it but says we snared a bulldogs forward.. I am still waiting for the 3rd significant player signing that the CEO said in the podcast that we were close to getting done.. surely his not talking about Stimson

Banned

Hey everyone i just wanted to announce my retirement from footy

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Looks like we got Stimson from reports on the telegraph.. can’t read it but says we snared a bulldogs forward.. I am still waiting for the 3rd significant player signing that the CEO said in the podcast that we were close to getting done.. surely his not talking about Stimson
    Which podcast was this mate?

Was last week I think.. on titans fan zone.. here’s the link https://open.spotify.com/show/4i7sy3...QzSvM577ds8Dag

I guess with Corey Thompson retiring it frees up another spot and we can hopefully see some of the qcup wingers get a start.

Does anyone know how much we signed Corey for?

- - - Updated - - -

Going to miss Corey Thompson though, when he was at his prime he was great to watch. All the best Corey!

Banned

I am still in my prime

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Was last week I think.. on titans fan zone.. here’s the link https://open.spotify.com/show/4i7sy3...QzSvM577ds8Dag
    Thanks mate, appreciate you digging it up

you're right he does say "and probably a third pickup in that space as well, will support this young group" after mentioning Verrills and Foran as examples of signings with genuine NRL experience and success and the associated IP that comes with that

Stimson definitely ain't that, but I'm not sure who would be - there isn't anyone off contract who really fits that description