Page 100 of 143 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2136

I'd be looking at getting Joe Ofahengaue here for next year. Tigers haven't re-signed him.

edit: Nevermind, we're stuck with Ese Ese & Lisone for next year so that's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 31-05-22 at 08:19 PM.

How about Jack Hethero? I know he isn't the smartest player but he has that lunatic in him which our young squad needs, at least we know there will be a bit of mongrel in the squad (haven't seen that since Keegan Hipgrave and before him Greg Bird)

- - - Updated - - -

I also second Jayden Berrell, it's funny not too many clubs were looking at him and no one on this forum really knew why. But he would be a cheap hooker with only upside if we are not pursuing anyone else.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'd be looking at getting Joe Ofahengaue here for next year. Tigers haven't re-signed him.

edit: Nevermind, we're stuck with Ese Ese & Lisone for next year so that's not gonna happen.
    Ese’ese is off contract end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by DM13 View Post
    Jayden Berrell is someone I hope the club is having a close look at for next year currently stuck behind Brailey at Cronulla he’s absolutely killing it in NSW Cup after being the 2021 QCup player of the year he has played 6 games for four tries, 9 try assists and 92% tackle efficiency he’s far to good to not be playing NRL and he would easily be best hooker at Titans.
    His manager is Mat Rogers too
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Mat "the Sharkie" Rogers ... makes sense.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Great piece by Paul Broughton re coaching.

@broughto8: Somewhere in the past decade we have dropped the football on Coach Education. Coaching is not just about knowledge ,but about engagement and effectively imparting that knowledge. Its about taking players to places they cant take themselves.

How does our coach stack up against the above criteria?

One thought I had is that I feel that we lack the presence of a "Big Body" in the back 5. Young T a few years back and Don to an extent were ones. However I feel we need a player like Panthers Stephen Crition as as centre option. I look at some of the Rugby Union Centres and think that they might go well for us. I guess my thinking is a big body centre maybe that can poke his nose through the line a fair bit would certainly help get us a roll on...Does Caleb Hodges or Kaleb Ngamanu / Jaylen De Groot fit that brief for those that know them ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

What do you lads think about Jake Turpin? Just been granted a release from the Donkeys. I thought he looked good when he first came into the NRL but Broncos supporters seem to hate him now. Could he come good again under us?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What do you lads think about Jake Turpin? Just been granted a release from the Donkeys. I thought he looked good when he first came into the NRL but Broncos supporters seem to hate him now. Could he come good again under us?
    Turpin is trash. His service is woeful, we'd just be taking a step backwards if we think he is our solution. Praying it doesn't hate happen.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Just was thinking the same. He stays till the end of the year and Clarke get used as another back rower.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Turpin is trash. His service is woeful, we'd just be taking a step backwards if we think he is our solution. Praying it doesn't hate happen.
    With that endorsement we will have him signed by midnight

Turpin may not be much but he will be a huge improvement on what we have now. I couldn’t believe the amount of pressure Clarke put on our 5th tackle kickers last week by taking his “mandatory” 4 steps to the right before passing. On the other side of the ball, he is OK at initiating contact with the ball carrier but then he gets walked downfield because he won’t waste energy wrestling the ball carrier to the ground. But I sense that the Titans have some form of commitment to Clarke because they are pumping up his tyres at the moment..3 substantial interviews in the last two weeks. I would think that, if all 16 coaches were asked to rank the current NRL hookers, our boy would easily end up in the bottom three. We need a solid, multi-faceted hooker to give us variation in attack and to take pressure off and help Sexton. Clarke ain’t it.

First Grader

Lol I can see it happening too but there is a reason Broncos fans hate him. I can't believe he hasn't given Booth a go yet, how many times does Clark need to show he doesn't have it.

And yeah sure Turpin might be a bit better than Clark but we all know this season is a write off already, the issue is if they sign him for any longer than just this year the club will probably think he is the solution to our problems and won't look for someone better at 9.
    Last edited by Titslover; 01-06-22 at 06:12 PM.

Nope don't rate Turpin at all.

Rep Player

Thanks for your input, boys. Hope we go for Berrell.