Page 122 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2136

From the Field: Erin Clark
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...ld-erin-clark/
    Playing a new role for the Titans against the Broncos, Erin Clark enjoyed the change with a huge performance at lock.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Backflip not off the table for Titans’ recruit

Gold Coast Titans recruit Kieran Foran is reportedly considering a sensational backflip out of his deal to move north next season.

Foran has found excellent form on the Northern Beaches in the last couple of weeks, with suggestions with the Manly Sea Eagles were never going to be able to retain him due to salary cap issues.

It comes with Tom Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans both on big deals, while others are taking up substantial cap space.

It's tipped that Martin Taupau, who is yet to be offered a new deal by the Sea Eagles, will also be forced out of the club ahead of the 2023 season with his deal coming to a close at the Sea Eagles this year, and a host of young forwards lining up for minutes.

Foran signed a two-year deal with the Titans earlier this year, which will see him move to the club as the experienced figurehead for the 2023 and 2024 seasons, however, The Sydney Morning Herald is now reporting figures within the club are getting nervous over Foran's future.

The Titans have struggled horrifically this season with a new-look spine, which has seen AJ Brimson attempt to move from fullback to five-eighth and become the experienced player alongside rookie half and fullback Toby Sexton and Jayden Campbell respectively.

While Foran would need to be given a release by the Titans to perform a backflip - unlike Daly Cherry-Evans when he famously turned around on the club seven years ago given changes to contract rules - the Gold Coast are unlikely to force him into a move if he decides he is no longer interested.

There is no suggestion Foran has or will ask for a release yet, but it's understood he is monitoring the situation, with the Titans unlikely to be in the premiership picture anytime soon given what they have served up on-field this year, where they currently sit equal last alongside the Wests Tigers.

It's understood the Sea Eagles don't have the salary cap space to keep Foran however, meaning any backflip from the Titans would likely come with a new club - something the Gold Coast would be less likely to grant a release for.

https://www.zerotackle.com/backflip-...ecruit-120415/

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Backflip not off the table for Titans’ recruit

Gold Coast Titans recruit Kieran Foran is reportedly considering a sensational backflip out of his deal to move north next season.

Foran has found excellent form on the Northern Beaches in the last couple of weeks, with suggestions with the Manly Sea Eagles were never going to be able to retain him due to salary cap issues.

It comes with Tom Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans both on big deals, while others are taking up substantial cap space.

It's tipped that Martin Taupau, who is yet to be offered a new deal by the Sea Eagles, will also be forced out of the club ahead of the 2023 season with his deal coming to a close at the Sea Eagles this year, and a host of young forwards lining up for minutes.

Foran signed a two-year deal with the Titans earlier this year, which will see him move to the club as the experienced figurehead for the 2023 and 2024 seasons, however, The Sydney Morning Herald is now reporting figures within the club are getting nervous over Foran's future.

The Titans have struggled horrifically this season with a new-look spine, which has seen AJ Brimson attempt to move from fullback to five-eighth and become the experienced player alongside rookie half and fullback Toby Sexton and Jayden Campbell respectively.

While Foran would need to be given a release by the Titans to perform a backflip - unlike Daly Cherry-Evans when he famously turned around on the club seven years ago given changes to contract rules - the Gold Coast are unlikely to force him into a move if he decides he is no longer interested.

There is no suggestion Foran has or will ask for a release yet, but it's understood he is monitoring the situation, with the Titans unlikely to be in the premiership picture anytime soon given what they have served up on-field this year, where they currently sit equal last alongside the Wests Tigers.

It's understood the Sea Eagles don't have the salary cap space to keep Foran however, meaning any backflip from the Titans would likely come with a new club - something the Gold Coast would be less likely to grant a release for.

https://www.zerotackle.com/backflip-...ecruit-120415/
    So basically a nothing story, we have all the power here and if he can't stay at Manly I can't imagine he'd try force his way anywhere else. Not like any of the teams around the 8 really need a 6 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    So basically a nothing story, we have all the power here and if he can't stay at Manly I can't imagine he'd try force his way anywhere else. Not like any of the teams around the 8 really need a 6 anyway.
    Good pot stir for a Monday

If Foram wants out maybe his manager might offer up another player to get out of the deal.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

If Foran backflips even more reason to go after Hastings

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    If Foram wants out maybe his manager might offer up another player to get out of the deal.
    Lachlan Croker?

Is there anything more to the Foran thing than that bloke from Zerotackle writing an article about it? He's used the term "reportedly" but for the life of me I can't find the report he is referring to. Which is strange because usually Zerotackle tend to regurgitate articles that do exist elsewhere

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Is there anything more to the Foran thing than that bloke from Zerotackle writing an article about it? He's used the term "reportedly" but for the life of me I can't find the report he is referring to. Which is strange because usually Zerotackle tend to regurgitate articles that do exist elsewhere
    Hahah absolutely nothing to it mate, Foran strikes me as a bloke with a bit of integrity too so I think we’re sweet with this one.

Even the 360 gang rubbished a Foran backflip as being speculation based on his current form adding that Manly don't have enough space in their cap and no one else would offer what we have (surprise, surprise).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Nothing in it IMO. Just a pretty reckless opportunity to give us all DCE flashbacks. Boy that was so painful and when our club was so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and no one else would offer what we have (surprise, surprise).
    Yea that sounds like us.

Zero Tackle. 1000 ads and pop-ups.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Just how fast is Jojo Fifita?
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...s-jojo-fifita/

If he wasn't playing rugby league, Jojo Fifita might have been preparing for a Commonwealth Games tilt in Birmingham.

"My quickest hundred was 10.85, that was back in grade 12 at school," the newest Titan says when asked about his transition from athletics to football.

"I was doing little athletics at Ashmore and the whole family got into it and loved it.

"100m was my favourite as you could sprint the whole way.

"I used to be a bit of a sprinter back in my younger days but as I've grown older footy became more important."

Fifita gave a glimpse of his speed when he found open space late in his debut game against the Broncos, but the 19-year-old laughed when asked about being caught by Ezra Mam.

"I was blowing pretty hard by that point of the game," he said with a smile.

"It took me two or three minutes to get back to my wing.

"That run, it caught me by surprise, I don't know how I got out of the in-goal.

"I was just trying to get as far down the field as I can and I was looking for support but nobody was there so I just had to take the tackle."

Fifita ran 208 metres and was solid in both attack and defence in his first chance in the top grade.

The youngster says he will be better for the experience.

"It wasn't the result we wanted but I had a good game I reckon," he said.

"It happened fairly quickly and I probably didn't' expect it to come this fast but I have had a good training run with the boys.

"I was injured last year but I did a better pre-season with them this season and I've got a bit of confidence in my game.

"I think it is all about improving each game. I'll watch this game over and see what I need to work on and hopefully I'll be better next week."

It could be Fifita verse the Fox this week, with Jojo a chance to line up against Canterbury flyer Josh Addo-Carr if the former New South Wales winger is named to return from injury for the Round 19 clash.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/...-clubs/#titans

As per NRL.com we have 3 spots to fill before Aug 1. I guess Booth will get one so leaving 2 spots. It will be fascinating to see who gets those spots. I see Lam has gone to SL for the rest of the year so he is off the market , but we are silly to recruit a half with Foran coming next year anyhow. I feel there will be a frenzy of player movements in the next week or so across all clubs so it will be a fascinating time.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/...-clubs/#titans

As per NRL.com we have 3 spots to fill before Aug 1. I guess Booth will get one so leaving 2 spots. It will be fascinating to see who gets those spots. I see Lam has gone to SL for the rest of the year so he is off the market , but we are silly to recruit a half with Foran coming next year anyhow. I feel there will be a frenzy of player movements in the next week or so across all clubs so it will be a fascinating time.
    Could be interesting

I do wonder if they'll promote Booth to a top 30 spot or just leave him in Dev so they still have 3 spots to fill. Will depend what is available I guess.

They could also just promote other Dev boys to top 30 to save them having to commit to players for longer than they'd otherwise want to.

I noticed that someone posted a copy of an article from the online Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday suggesting that the Titans are interested in getting Jackson Hastings to the Coast. I imagine, if true, it would be seen as a replacement for Will Smith….someone who can cover multiple positions (. 1,6,7,13,9). Strange though that there has been no further mention of it today. Probably speculation.