Page 92 of 143 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2136

I'm more interested in their defensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm more interested in their defensive coach.
    a lot easier to defend when you're not having to defend your own line all the time.

this club is such a joke. We've made our bed under Holbrook and now we have to lie in it. We all got caught up in the hype, but just look at that spine and tell me how it's anywhere NEAR an NRL level spine. ffs. Nobody else other than the coach is to blame for this. Give me Neil Henry back, Paul Green, Shane Flanagan, Brian Smith, Geoff Toovey, ANYBODY with NRL experience, not Super League experience.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-05-22 at 10:09 PM.

You guys have a short memory. In Holbrocks first year, he took us from wooden spooners to just missing the eight. the following year we were 1 pass away from being in the semi's. Now all of a sudden we have a shocking start to the season, you all act as if he is the worse thing to happen to this club. Absolutely pathetic.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 14-05-22 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    this club is such a joke. We've made our bed under Holbrook and now we have to lie in it. We all got caught up in the hype, but just look at that spine and tell me how it's anywhere NEAR an NRL level spine. ffs. Nobody else other than the coach is to blame for this. Give me Neil Henry back, Paul Green, Shane Flanagan, Brian Smith, Geoff Toovey, ANYBODY with NRL experience, not Super League experience.
    Mate, go open up the hub, let off some steam, then go to bed.

I'm not happy with where we are at atm, but Adam Reynolds wasn't fixing anything.

Gents, can we please try to refrain from using this thread as a place to write angry posts saying the same thing every time the Broncos do something good? I’m sensing a bit of a trend. It’s honestly a bit exhausting and adds nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allshot View Post
    You guys have a short memory. In Holbrocks first year, he took us from wooden spooners to just missing the eight. the following year we were 1 pass away from being in the semi's. Now all of a sudden we have a shocking start to the season, you all act as if he is the worse thing to happen to this club. Absolutely pathetic.
    What's Holbrook's win rate again?

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Mate, go open up the hub, let off some steam, then go to bed.

I'm not happy with where we are at atm, but Adam Reynolds wasn't fixing anything.
    Hey mate maybe we should have bought Hastings and played him in the centres??

To say Reynolds wouldn't have fixed anything...my god that has to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on here after your Hastings one years ago. Where were the Broncos at before he arrived? They were a complete basket case with a god awful spine, just like we are now. 0 direction whatsoever, just like we have now.

I still rate our forward pack and our backs to a degree, but we'll never get the best out of them with the spine that we currently have. How Holbrook didn't see this at the start of the year is mind-boggling to me.

Nicho Hynes is another one who's absolutely killing it at the Sharks - another one that the Broncos were after but pulled out of before they nabbed Reynolds.

Chad Townsend, although arguably overpaid at the Cows has been playing really well too, and even they've got a relatively young pack coming through.

We have missed the boat MASSIVELY here and the fact that we've just signed Foran for next year proves that they know they stuffed up.

Anyway I'm over it. I watch most games every week and watching the Broncos triggers me so much knowing what could have been if we played our cards right.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 14-05-22 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    What's Holbrook's win rate again?

Hey mate maybe we should have bought Hastings and played him in the centres??

To say Reynolds wouldn't have fixed anything...my god that has to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on here after your Hastings one years ago. Where were the Broncos at before he arrived? They were a complete basket case with a god awful spine, just like we are now. 0 direction whatsoever, just like we have now.

I still rate our forward pack and our backs to a degree, but we'll never get the best out of them with the spine that we currently have. How Holbrook didn't see this at the start of the year is mind-boggling to me.

Nicho Hynes is another one who's absolutely killing it at the Sharks - another one that the Broncos were after but pulled out of before they nabbed Reynolds.

Chad Townsend, although arguably overpaid at the Cows has been playing really well too, and even they've got a relatively young pack coming through.

We have missed the boat MASSIVELY here and the fact that we've just signed Foran for next year proves that they know they stuffed up.

Anyway I'm over it. I watch most games every week and watching the Broncos triggers me so much knowing what could have been if we played our cards right.
    Lmao you are 110% getting me mixed up with someone else good effort though I guess.

Rep Player

I believe it was RavShamrock who wanted Hastings to play centre.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I believe it was RavShamrock who wanted Hastings to play centre.
    Yes mate you have a great memory.

I was totally pummelled on here for suggesting to bring him here let alone play him at centre as a stop gap.

Pretty sure when he went to the UK he played a little centre or at least fullback and the rest is history.

Mate I would have taken him just because he smacked Cherry-Wanker in the chops.

For what’s it’s worth, the points I took out if the game.

1. JCs best game of the season. Top 3 players on the night for us (easily) and leave him at FB for duration of season.
    2. J-Wall played great. Weve missed a ball playing front rower providing that link role.
    3. Tino, heart and soul of the titans. First one to hit it up most sets, very strong defensively. A forgivable couple of handling errors towards the end
    4. Esarn Marsters strong enough in attack and defensively solid - where he’s improved his game IMO, deserves to keep his spot
    5. F**k it feels good to finally have a win!

So what do we do with Liu when Fifita returns? I think we need to have Liu on that edge for the rest of the season.

Rep Player

Liu is a good backup option in the second row but he’s not a natural line runner and will stifle our attack down that side. He’s a defensive middle who can ball play a bit, and for that reason I think he should be lock with Tino playing a big minute prop role.

I would have a starting pack of Wallace/Clark/Tino/Fermor/Fifita/Liu with a bench of Smith/Mo/Jolliffe/McIntyre.

Wallace is an experienced ball playing prop with a good offload which is a dimension we are sorely lacking. I realise he probably won’t be here next year but we need him in the team now.

Lisone was good for us last year but this year he’s just not the style of middle we need coming off the bench. When we have a roll on, he helps compound it, but we’re struggling with that this year and need more defensive minded interchange forwards. Jolliffe is a better option in that regard imo and McIntyre gives us a bit of flexibility as he can play either in the middle or on an edge.

Mo I have coming off the bench because I think his leg drive benefits from a tiring defense more than Wallace does.

I don’t rate Tanah and thought he was particularly bad last night. Smith can play more positions, including hooker, so is a better utility.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t laugh but if Kelly’s poor run of form continues I can see AJ shifting to left centre to accomodate Foran next year. He is more than capable in defense and would offer us a new dimension in attack similar to what Manu does for the Roosters. Sexton won’t be in QCup, and unless coach wants to drop Campbell, then AJ will need to move.

First Grader

The game has moved on where middles in the higher ranked teams are mostly (with a few exceptions) are athletic in build. Penrith are the benchmark and every forward are all athletes. Unfortunately we have too many middles who are not such as Wallace, Lisone Ese Ese, Lui. This particular adversely impacts on the defensive side of things where our middles cannot sustain the up and back in defence over long periods. This where the athletic forwards cone into their own who have this ability to do so over long periods.

It is one of the main reasons the panthers can strangle the life out if their teams and keep the opposition’s metres in attack to a minimum

Rep Player

Liu is not the most athletic forward but he is a master of the wrestle and slowing the ruck. It’s why Robbo loved him so much. His strengths are things the casual viewer likely will not notice, but his teammates and coaches do.